May 18-21-06 Anyone traveling with toddlers?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by mamaof2, Feb 24, 2006.

1. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

I am traveling with the husband and daughters ages 2 and 4.
    Are we ready to have fun yet??? :cool1: :banana: pixiedust:

2. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

:mickeyjum BUMP!

I'm bumping you up! My DH and I are on this cruise, however we are cruising without our kids (4 and 8 years old). It's our 10th anniversary present to ourselves! :love:

We were on the Wonder in January with the kids and never were able to do any adult things--Palo, Serenity Bay, the adult pool, etc. SO, this is our chance!

I hope you find others that have kids who are cruising with you. Our last cruise was such a blast because we met fellow DISers and then linked dinner reservations. There were 18 of us at one big long table. We met lifetime friends. It was an amazing time!

I'll try to keep this bumped up on the first page and check in now and then.

3. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

Oh my God-that sounds like a dreammmm. :cloud9:
    This is our 1st cruise-so I am a bit lost-however---I am looking forward to going, even with my screaming 2 yr old and hyper 4 year old. I am scared out of my wits that people are going to judge me and my parenting skills, but who cares right! Congrats on your anniv. You should be proud of yourself for making it to a decade of marriage. Not to many people nowadays stay married. Wish you a lot of loving.... :love: :love: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :woohoo:
    Hope your vacation is extra magical and enjoy every single minute of your childless nights. You have now given me an idea for my 10th anniv. which is still 3 years away. :( but I will look forward to it until the time comes.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

First of all, don't worry about your kids and temper tantrums! No matter how bad you think your kids are, there are always others who are worse! Besides, we're always tougher on ourselves. I'm sure your kids will be great; just make sure that they get enough sleep. You are going to have fun!

Just think! Now you have three years to plan your 10th anniversary! Pick your date right now so that you can book as early as possible when the dates first come out.

This trip for us will be fun. Our last cruise we did all kid things, which was really, really fun. The kids didn't spend any time in the kids clubs, but it was meant to be a family vacation, and we just enjoyed hanging out. Any day is great when you don't have to clean house, do laundry, or figure out what to make for dinner!

6. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

:goofy: BUMP!
    Anyone else out there on this cruise?!

7. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

8. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. JimmyMartin

JimmyMartin GM Share a Dream 4/28/02

We are trying to wait for better deals if possible. There will be 11 of us. 3 families with a total of 5 kids 2, 3, 5, 5, 8. 2 of us will use DVC points 3 will use florida residentcy. Hope it works out. I have not gone with kids before but have not been bothered by other peoples kids. Love to see them enjoy the characters.

10. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

I hope you do get a great rate. It can be expensive. This is our first time on a cruise, so I am a bit confused--however- there are so many nice people on this board, that there is not one question that hasn't been answered. I hope to hear that your group will be on board. Counting down the days to sailing away.... :wave: :wave: :wave:
    Annie

11. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

I sure hope it works out for you! It's definitely quite expensive, but you're lucky that you can get Florida resident rates! Keep us posted!

12. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

Did I mention that my husband surprised me and the kids with a 3 day stay at WDW Coronado Springs following the cruise. It doesn't compete with your time alone with hubby, (2nd honeymmon) that I so long for..... :crazy:
    but it's great for me to know that I will be away from home not cooking or cleaning.. :banana: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cool1: :cheer2: YEA!!!!
    How happy do I sound. I CAN'T WAIT. :hourglass You could so tell that this is my 1st cruise. How sad am I? ;)

13. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

No! You didn't mention that! How wonderful! It's probably just what you'll need to lessen the letdown of getting off the ship. I was really shocked at how depressed I felt walking off the ship. If we had one or more nights for a transition before home, it probably would've been better.

Be prepared: that last morning is very rushed, even the servers are rushed. I think, too, that if I had an extra hour after breakfast just to walk up on the deck one last time, it would've helped a bit. Unfortunately, breakfast is not available the last morning through room service. But you're lucky! Even if you have to rush off the ship, you won't have to rush to the airport! I'm going to have to listen to my own advice and take a few minutes to breathe deeply before getting off the ship this time.

(Maybe I'll have to get a countdown timer back in my signature so I know exactly how long we have!)

14. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

What happens on the 1st morning? What time do they expect us to be at breakfast and off the ship?

15. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

Annie, did you mean the last morning??! If so, the last morning, you have breakfast at the restaurant where you had dinner the night before. If you have first seating for dinner and depending on your rotation, you could eat as early as 6:30. We had late dinner seating and so we had breakfast at 8am.

You're supposed to be completely out of your room by 8am and off the ship by 9am. And if you don't want to carry all your luggage off the ship, it has to be out in the hall the night before by 11pm! Because we overpacked, it was hard to get it all out there by 11, and then to pack up what we had that morning and drag it to breakfast with us. Also, we didn't get to sleep the night before until after midnight! The last morning was the only morning I actually set an alarm. I'm going to do all I can this time to make it less rushed. Having to just worry about myself (and not the kids too) will be easier.

I don't want you to stress over this! :goodvibes It stresses me just writing it. However, if you know in advance, you can plan better so it doesn't throw you for a loop that last morning! You'll get a "Welcome Home" paper in your stateroom the last night that will explain the dining rotations, luggage, customs, etc.

16. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I am a creature of habit and don't like to be caught off quard. :hippie:

17. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

I can't figure out how to add the tickerfactory count down. :hourglass

18. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

Go to tickerfactory.com and make your ticker--I clicked on the vacation option. Then on the last page, you'll be given a bunch of code options. Highlight the one with [​IMG].

Let me know if you're still having trouble and I'll walk you through it a little better.

I might end up changing mine--I'm still not happy with it, but I needed to keep track of the days!

19. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

:yay:
    I now have a ticker!!!Thanks Karin.

20. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

Anyone else out there traveling 5/18-21 on Disney Wonder??? :mickeyjum :donald: :tigger:

21. Tahoe

Tahoe Mouseketeer

Had to get us off of page 3!

:sulley: