May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padalyn

padalyn Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't

The tour is a private one, and we will arrive back at the airport about 90 min prior to leaving time. They are assuring us we will be fine.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GoofyNewfie

GoofyNewfie Mouseketeer

Sorry, we're on icelandair on the 6th.

4. Goofy39.3

Goofy39.3 Mouseketeer

We will be on that same first flight from CDG to Reykjavik. Unfortunately we only have an hour or so layover until our flight to Minneapolis. Are you staying at Disneyland Paris beforehand?

5. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

I am woefully behind! I haven't logged in for almost six weeks and I have almost 20 pages of posts to catch up on. We recently moved and I've been busy :lmao:.

Anyway, happy holiday season to you all. Off to try to catch up. :surfweb:

6. padalyn

we are - I am waiting for the dates to open before I can call DVC. We decided to make the layover count, thus the 7 hours. The provider is telling us we will be at the airport at 1530 - about 90 minutes before our flight out at 1700.

How are you getting from the park to CDG?

7. valbob89

valbob89 DIS Veteran

Do any of you qualify for the military discount? This morning DCL announced a military discount for our cruise. My TA is trying to transfer my reservation to this discount. My savings would be over $1,000. While the discount is showing on the website, the DCL reservation people are saying there is no military discount for this cruise - don't give up, ask for a supervisor and they will be able to help you or your TA.

8. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

That's awesome!! :banana: I figured we would start seeing some discounts since some Categories have final payment in about 8 days.

9. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

That's what I have been reading as well. We are spending two nights there, but after your dates.

10. belle2011

belle2011 Earning My Ears

Hello,
    You can take the train (TGV) it's the faster way to go from the park to CDG (11 min.) it's between 17€-27€ the ride there are bus but it's longer I think it's almost an hour not sure we prefer the train. Hope it can help...

11. Goofy39.3

Goofy39.3 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. This was our plan, but I had not looked into it that closely yet. Is it just as easy to get into Paris proper? We are planning on staying at Disneyland the whole time we are in France.

12. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

We've taken the TGV to CDG and it is FAST!

The train to Paris leaves from the same station. It is not the fast TGV and has stops along the way.

Woody

13. kris3kid

kris3kid Mouseketeer

I was very excited to se this so I called my travel agent and we looked at switching over. When the new reservation was made we looked at the prices and the cost of the cruise went down saving $1200 but the Disney air went up by $600, I would loose my $300 OBC for booking on a cruise and need to pay more because I would loose the OBB down payment for another cruise. So yes it shows I would save the money in the long run it came out to only about $200 savings. I looked at flights on our own but being from the east coast it costs almost as much for the flights as Disney first quoted and I would still need to pay for a hotel in Texas which Disney picks up for in the fllights. The bubble sure popped on that one.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

14. ThePedersonFamily

ThePedersonFamily Mouseketeer

We did it!!! We finally booked!!! We are so excited!!! Now we're ready to sign up for all the fun DIS activities...can someone let me know how to go about it! Thanks!!

15. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Hi there! Congrats on booking! :thumbsup2 If you take a peek at the first post on this thread, it lists several of the activities as well as the website that shows further info on each on if available. Welcome aboard!! :)

16. kaseyC

Welcome!! :goodvibes

17. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Welcome :)

18. kaseyC

Made final payment tonight!! :cool1::cool1: You all are now stuck with me!! :rotfl2:

19. padalyn

I wish we could take it...our flight leaves at 8am, the first train from DLRP is at 8am...we would never make it :rotfl: We have to be at CDG by 630am at the latest.

So far it is looking like a shared ride car or a friend...

20. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Whoop :) We are making ours next Friday :)

21. belle2011

belle2011 Earning My Ears

Or you can book an hotel near CDG for the last night. If you take the last train in the evening you sleep at CDG and you can catch your flight at 8am, there is an Hilton (at the air train stop), an Holyday inn and some other hotel around CDG. And I think they are cheaper than the disney area hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.