May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joining in...This will be the 2nd EBTA for us. Looking forward to seeing everyone from 2011 and :welcome: to all of those who have decided to join the best cruise itinerary there is...yeah for ten days at sea!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres our info Valbob:

Collette and Mark - 2 adults
Stateroom - 2517
FE - Yes
Dinner Seating - Late
No celebrations

Thanks very much for doing this :-)

Thanks, Val, for posting the google doc. Nice to see a good number of kids. I'm especially happy to see the decent number of kids in the 9 to 11 age group. My son will be thrilled to meet new friends next year and to reconnect with old friends from the last EBTA.
For those of you who are pulling your kids from school, I learned last year to be as proactive as possible with schoolwork. We spent time every day on the cruise completing assigned work, however, there were days that Hunter had his mind on other things and our time spent on schoolwork was longer than normal. Next year my goal is to have everything done prior to the cruise by spending extra time working ahead from March to May. I'm pretty sure that's what Heather B did with Hannah and they didn't have any work to complete while onboard.

Count us in! Mandy, DH Curt, Sarah (will be 6), and Emilie (turning 3 just six days after disembarkation). However, we will not know for sure until after hubby goes through vacation bidding at work in August (seniority based).

:yay: do we know you ?? you seem a little familiar, i feel we may have met before ;) :yay:

On last years EBTA I had someone give me a tape of me on the Ricky Kalmon Show onboard the Magic. Goto YouTube and search Thepatb819 and see the videos pop up.

Thanks, Val, for posting the google doc. Nice to see a good number of kids. I'm especially happy to see the decent number of kids in the 9 to 11 age group. My son will be thrilled to meet new friends next year and to reconnect with old friends from the last EBTA.
For those of you who are pulling your kids from school, I learned last year to be as proactive as possible with schoolwork. We spent time every day on the cruise completing assigned work, however, there were days that Hunter had his mind on other things and our time spent on schoolwork was longer than normal. Next year my goal is to have everything done prior to the cruise by spending extra time working ahead from March to May. I'm pretty sure that's what Heather B did with Hannah and they didn't have any work to complete while onboard.

Yes we requested her work a few weeks early from school and just doubled up those few weeks. Her teacher did all of her testing before we left and all work was completed. It was one less thing to worry about and pack, plus she got to enjoy the trip as a vacation as well and not have to do any school work ( and me too). Of course her teacher was very nice to do that for us, fingers crossed we get that again. Her last day of school should be while we're gone so most teachers want to have their grading done. I know the other Hannah was doing school work while on board, I think they even had to fax some of it back. So ask ahead of time.

Ok, we are booked and ready!!!:banana::banana:

We changed from an Alaskan cruise and are looking forward to 14 days of rest/relaxation/fun and meeting a few new friends:cool1:

It's myself (Mike) my wife (Kate) and our son (Matt - will have just turned 5)

We live in Phoenix, AZ and will be in room #8534. We will have been on three other Disney Cruise's (May 2009 Magic Western, March 2011 Magic Western, May 2012 FANTASY Eastern)

Can't wait!!

Ditto the above!! Speaking as a former high school and middle school math teacher (and certified principal), definitely be proactive. And don't forget those who go the extra mile in preparing things for you so that you can be on VACATION!! ;)

Attendance laws vary state to state, and in some cases, if missing x number of school days, it is advisable to withdraw the student and homeschool them so it does not count against the school's average daily attendance scores. (I currently tutor students in five states - that's my job now so I can be home more with our children while they are young - and each state is different.) I have had students withdraw for a month to go home to their home country, then return, but they kept up with their studies because they knew it would be hard to catch up in high school math. I have always been a huge advocate of "live life now" as it is way too short, and supported families getting to make memories together.... but I know not all teachers and administrators share that same viewpoint.

:yay: do we know you ?? you seem a little familiar, i feel we may have met before ;) :yay:

:dance3: Does it help that I am using you guys as a reason for us to do the EBTA versus WBTA?!? The WBTA is on Curt's birthday, so we may just have to celebrate it on the EBTA ;) Reservation is no longer "on hold" as I put down the deposit. :thumbsup2 Thinking I'd make a deal with Curt... I'll pay deposit if he covers the rest. :lmao:

I booked this weekend and can't wait. It will be me Kris and my mom Jackie. We are from Sacramento Ca. and this is our third Disney cruise. We are in room 2112 and would love to do the Fish Extender with everyone. Can't wait to get tips from our past TA cruisers.:banana::banana:

Hi Val, count us in.
Been waiting months for them to finally release the intenery.popcorn::
We booked thursday and was ready at 13.00 with the laptop and phone,wasn't going to take any chances.:surfweb: Will be me, dw and dd (11)
I'm so excited ... even though it's such a long time away!!!! :banana:
This will be our 5th disney cruise and i will be celebrating my birthday!:bday:i looking forward to meeting as many of you as i can.

so we are in sideways cabins 5005 and 5001...now we need to kick the people who have 5003 off the ship so our rooms will be next to each other...just kidding!!!! love the sideways cabins because they seem to have more room and deck 5 forward is very quiet! the only time you hear anything is during the shows at night which we are dining or at the shows so it never really bothers us!

Elizabeth and Owen...kids ages at time of sailing
Andrew -15
Karen - 13
Austin - 11
Jackson - 4
Jacob - 1
and baby yet to be born due in June 2012

we are excited!!! we did the 2007 eb transatlantic so i can answer some questions if needed...we loved it! for those who did the eastbound last year was it cold? we froze our tushies off on our cruise...disney sold so much warm gear!!!

we rae plannig to take the train to paris after this cruise and see the sights and disneyland paris...any tips for this would be appreciated!!!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Wow! Looks like the 9,10,11 year olds are going to have fun! They are taking over the ship! My DD will be thrilled to meet up with old friends from last year and meet new friends on this cruise.

Last year it was warm enough to swim pretty much everyday. We had beautiful weather! Hannah was in the pool everday. Night time it was cool but not cold. I think Pirate night I remember it was pretty windy and chilly. I wore my hooded sweatshirt and long pants on the deck at night and we would cover with a blanket to watch TV on the top deck but the day time was warm.

Edited to sadly say:
We are no longer going on this cruise. We did end up going on the Fantasy for our 13th Anniversary in April, 2012. That cost about the same as this cruise did, so we had to make a choice and cancelled this one. There will be other Trans-Atlantic cruises we can book in the future and we look forward to finding them and cruising later.

-------------------------------------------------------
Count us in.
First cruise ever!
Just the 2 of us.
So excited! :dance3:
Anyone else thinking of heading to Disney Paris while so close?

We will be joining you all on this cruise. Just transferred a booking this morning. It will be me, Henrietta and my two youngest DDs Hailey and Hillary(12 and 10 at the time of sailing). I did the 2007 WBTA with my eldest DD (she was 11) and was hoping for the chance to do a DCL TA crossing with the youngest two. It works the best for us even though my girls will miss the last two weeks of school.

I'm hoping to add on either another European cruise or a possible European land trip with my DH and eldest DD flying over to join us.

I look forward to getting to know everyone over the next year. :)

Hey everyone!

We're planning on this cruise but we haven't booked it yet. We're taking a trip to Scotland and England this May/June and have decided to put a deposit down after that.

We'll have extended family coming with us also. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

My family is
Me - Kristen
DH - Kevin
DD - 19
DS - 17

Extended family will be my sister and her husband and my mom -- who cried on the phone when I told her about this cruise. She's in! :thumbsup2

Kristen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter