1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

True I was thinking in terms of past cruises where CC was the last stop before returning to reality. I wouldn't want to miss the rest of this cruise.

OOPS! I don't think I thought of how DH was going to get back to the hotel or port after dropping the car off. Guess I better check into that. What would I do without you guys?:thumbsup2

You never know they could get chattier :hyper::wave2::scratchin:mic:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure there was one in Diversions.

4. Ruthie25

Ruthie25 Mouseketeer

We've just booked! 11c stateroom (we have an expensive house move coming up!)

I'm Ruth, 34, and I work in the operating theatres at a local hospital. I enjoy reading and baking.

My husband Richard is 36 and also works at a different hospital. His main requirement for a holiday is that there are places that he can walk to avoid cabin feaver.

This is Richard's first cruise, and my second, although the first was a school trip on a ship with the decor and facilities of a cross-channel ferry!

We have been married four months today, and we are so looking forward to spending time together.. work is such an inconvenience!:hug:

We are flying from Manchester to Heathrow then on to Houston... at the moment planning on arriving on 16th May to allow us time to recover from the flight, and possibly to go to the Space Centre.

At the moment we haven't booked our return to Manchester from Barcelona... it's looking like it could be expensive as it's the end of the UK half term holidays.

so excited to be joinging you all!:yay:

5. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Thank you :)

6. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Welcome! :)

We are from the UK and flying from BHX -IAH on the 16th too!

7. Ruthie25

Ruthie25 Mouseketeer

What are your plans for the time before the cruise?

8. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

We'll have 28 days on board after this cruise and 35 days after our fourth cruise is over (the first Med). Our fifth cruise is booked for next year and it will put us at 42 days before we finally hit gold. Technically, someone could have 70 days aboard before being gold! (That would be five 14-night cruises.) But if someone only did 3-day cruises they could hit gold after 15 nights (five 3-night cruises). Kinda wacky.

But I do understand that they used to only have the three and four day cruises and that's why it's like that. I just think it's too bad they don't also have a designation for folks that have been on only longer cruises.

9. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

We will just be enjoying Galveston really. Was going to stay in Houston for the 2 nights before hand but it doesn't really interest us!

How about you?

I've added the link to our website and our second thread below where you can read about all the events we have organised so far. You can sign up for the events on the website :)

https://sites.google.com/site/onamagicaltransatlanticjourney/

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054338

10. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Mistake

11. padalyn

padalyn Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't

doubtful - but one never knows!

never seen one - something to do with flying projectiles.

12. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

That's a shame - DB wanted to see if anybody was interested in a darts tournament or two.

13. dee slack

dee slack DIS Veteran

Ruth - Hello and Welcome from a fellow Brit! We are flying out 15th and having 2 nights in San Antonia and a 3rd night in Houston ready for Disney transfers to port. It's looking like a great cruise so glad you're joining us.

14. mboekhoff

mboekhoff Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard!

15. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

Glad to have you here! Welcome!

16. fluffy bunny

fluffy bunny Mouseketeer

No dart board, but a few beers and cocktails and the giant jenga made for a good afternoon last summer.

17. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Thank you - DB wanted to see if he could organise a darts tournament.

You can probably hear me sighing relief that there is no dart board! :rotfl:

18. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Welcome and congrats on your marriage! If you are intersted, we stil have two spots open for the "adult" tour in Gibaltar.

wow, you could be gold for the equilvant of the 15 day Hawaiian! Still would rather do Hawaii than 5 3-day Caribbean cruises even if not Gold

The British are coming, the British are coming...lame, I know but that's what popped into my head when I read your post and I couldn't help myself

19. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

20. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

My DB is a keen photographer and is wondering if anybody would be interested in a photo walk around the ship on a sea day or evening?

I won't bother doing a whole page and poll for it on the website yet until I see if there is any interest :)

21. DisneyMouseHouse

DisneyMouseHouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

From what I read on the CC website, they used to do it that way....and I'm with you, I wish they'd go back, but as usual, Disney benefits those who live in Florida most.....

We are still silver too, total of 32 nights, but only 4 cruises. We'll have 6 soon as we're doing a b2b over spring break, that will add two, but not in time to make a difference for this booking...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.