May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Whenever I stay in one of Europe's great cities, I like staying close to the historical and cultural center. I like being able to walk around the corner to experience the local culture, such as ordering tapas, seeing a Flamenco show, or sitting at a cafe watching the locals on their evening stroll.

Personally, I would skip the private tours and use that money to stay closer to the center of activity.

Woody

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

Had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago. Routine physical, liver functions came back very high (no alcohol or Tylenol) go get an ultrasound of my liver ASAP. Not a big drinker but sure wanted one cause they told me i couldn't have one. Did the the ultrasound got the call telling me to go to Urologist, while looking at liver saw kidney stones. Probably explains the pains I have been having.

Vacation planning has been very helpful these days!!

4. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

I agree. I'd rather walk around and check things out. Plus, the cool things to do seem really easy to access on your own. We are even going to Figueres (my fave museum is there).

5. mellers

mellers DIS Veteran

You know, when traveling, I've found that sometimes, when things don't work out the way you'd planned, they work out for the best. I've found that in life as well. I'll bet you'll find some neat things just outside of Barcelona as well.

One thing I should have thought to post--there's a budget hotel chain (along the lines of a Motel 6/Super 8) that is always inexpensive and clean, and tends to cater to a European clientele. My family and I have stayed at several of their hotels, and while they haven't been fancy, they have always been pleasant, and generally, you meet a lot of the local people:

http://www.hotelibis.com

6. twopeasonepod

A great way to take up some time (like five hours) is rethinking your hotel in Barcelona! I think I spent 30 before settling on ours haha. You can find something great in the Gothic, Born, or Eixample areas if you decide to change location.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical stress -- nothing like them telling you that on the weekend! :confused3 Don't they get that you will just think about all the possibilities until Monday morning?

I hope Wednesday goes as smoothly as possible and that things can settle down for your sister's family.

7. twopeasonepod

Yikes! Owie! You okay? Did you pass them yet?

8. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

Don't think so cause I'm still getting waves of pain. Had CT and should know more tomorrow. I plan on being good as new by the time the cruise comes in 120 days.

9. mellers

mellers DIS Veteran

Hoping you feel better soon!

10. mellers

mellers DIS Veteran

Boy, it seems there is a wave a bad medical luck going around! My mother went in to see the doctor last week (on her birthday, of course), and found out she had a huge cyst on her vocal chords, which would need to be removed immediately. The surgery went just fine, but she can't speak for two months. She will, however, be able to talk to everyone on the cruise.

11. twopeasonepod

I was going to send you two PMs, but the boys went out with their grandparents and I want to double-check my answers with them first. I probably got many of them wrong haha. Will send a bit later. Thanks again for doing this!!!

12. twopeasonepod

I hope the scan brings good news. And we will celebrate post-stones in 120 days! Yay!

13. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

Yay!

14. Ladyshopper

Ladyshopper Mouseketeer

Best wishes to all the poorly people.

15. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Sending good vibes your way! :goodvibes Hubby had a kidney stint about a week before leaving for the wbta - so glad it happened when it did and not a week later. He can usually pass his stones but this one got stuck. I know from seeing him they are no bueno.

16. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

I believe we kept it on page one previously. If anyone wants to keep track and just add a listing of "who's renting who" to their new placeholder, I can link that placeholder post to Post #1. Just let me know! :thumbsup2

17. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Ditto!! I read somewhere the flu vaccine in the US is only covering 62% of the strains this year. So much gunk going around.

Hubby had it in December (tested positive) but our youngest only had "flu like virus". Not positive for flu, strep, or rsv - and she was tested on a Sunday and a Wednesday when she got worse. Turns out whatever she did have had turned into pneumonia. We had four doctor visit copays in five days - and luckily the nurse just checked over our oldest one as a freebie.

18. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

I ended up ordering 5x7 Valentine's Day cards through shutterfly (and a couple coffee mugs). I had not used Shutterfly in forever! Need to see if I can save our finished product and put on my facebook page

19. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

With several of us (5) this time, we ended up booking an apartment for 3 nights (they usually require 3 nights for apartments). Apartment came out cheaper than hotels we were looking at, and we are on a budget. Are you there long enough to do something like that? Love our location - about a block from Casa Bastllo. Kinda like Woody said - pastry shops, tapas, etc - in the middle of it all just north of Placa Catalunya.

20. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!! We had a great morning at church, got hubby off to work now, and I start work in about 25 minutes. Luckily I have some breaks between appointments and hope the girls take a lazy nap for me since I work in our front study.

If you see Lysand or BadBrad around - please remind them to check their PMs to do a placeholder. :grouphug: I've been trying to keep up with it here after I check the new thread every so often.

21. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

We received a bunch of Christmas cards from folks that used them this past Christmas and I thought the quality looked great. I hope what you got passes the mustard!

ETA They have some special today for 100 prints free, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.