May 12 WONDERful cruise

CarsonsMom

Earning My Ears
We had a wonderful cruise on the Wonder. We had just gone in October 2001 so this was our second trip....this time with our 5 year old. The ship was more crowded this time than it was in October, but we dealt with it fine. Last time we went we never napped and went to all the dinners and although we had a wonderful time, we were exhausted. This time we took a nap every day, went to 2 of the dinners, got room service...just took a more leisurely pace.

In Nassau we shopped a little, but Nassau is kind of dirty so we try not to stay long. We went to Atlantis in October....it was beautiful but we have more fun just being on the ship.

Castaway was beautiful as usual. Last year we went to the adult beach and this year the family beach. Adult beach is prettier and more peaceful, but we loved being with around all of the kids this time on the family beach.

My son decided to only go to the kids club when they were doing something big, like Pirate training (which he loved!) and making Flubber, and the kids show the last day. He really liked it but didn't want to be there for the quiet activities or meals, which was fine with me. They are really good with the security with the kids. I felt sorry for the counslers when parents didn't follow the rules though.

The cruise went by faster this time than last. I have a feeling it is because we knew what to expect. Last year we were seated alone and this year with another family. That was ok, but we prefer to be alone as a family at dinner and not be expected to make small talk if we don't want to. Oh well, can't have it all.

All in all it was great. Best things we took this time were:

The over the door shoe holder for the bathroom to hold all of our toiletries, etc. That was a great idea which we got from this board. Nightlight...really helped. And a light up clock was great too! Oh...gold $1 coins were great to tip room service with.

Boat rocked a tiny bit the last day, but not too bad. Never felt sick at all. You have to realize that whenever you go through the Gulf Stream, the boat is going to sway a bit...no way to help that, but it is not too bad.

Wish we were still there!

:bounce:

And I know what you mean about making small talk with dining companions. My husband and I took the 7-night Magic cruise in January '01 and were seated with a family of 5 for dinner. We're booked on the Magic again for January '03 and this time we're hoping (will request it from the TA later, or at least make our preference known to her) to get a table for 4 and hopefully the other couple will not be interested in making small talk either. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter