1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Maximize FP+ make new reservations under a new MDE*see post 227 before posting*

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by ScrapYap, Mar 6, 2014.

1. BuckeyeBama

BuckeyeBama You are stronger than you think.

Disney would not be issuing these folks "extra" FP+, so it would not effect the pool. They would just be using the same FP+ several times. Is that right?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

I don't think so but maybe I am not understanding it right.

4. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

If things don't change before you arrive, what you described is what the system allows.

5. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

You can't use the same FP+ more than once. The kiosks allow you to make separate sets of FP+ on different media (either unlinked MBs or unlinked park tickets).

6. ckelly14

ckelly14 Lurker

Question for anyone that has used a ticket (not MB) at a Kiosk to make same day FP+ reservations: Do you input any identifying information (for example, email) into the computer, or do you just swipe the card? I find this thread fascinating because it suggests something about the underlying technology that I never knew. I always assumed that FP+ was linked somehow to the ticket information. However, this loophole suggests that FP+ are linked to MDE account, regardless of ticket media being present.

The theoretical question would be, if you made 60 day FP+ advanced reservations, but were somehow able to "unlink" your ticket, would the FP+ remain?

Better yet, I am starting out my stay in June with one day at the Beach Club, in order to receive 60 day advanced FP+ reservations for my entire stay at Disney (1 day Beach club, 5 days Dolphin) I have tickets linked.

Let's say I make my FP+ reservations then cancel my onsite stay. What happens? Are the FP+ reservations still there? What if I then re-booked another onsite reservation under a different e-mail? Would I be able to make same day FP+ with the magic bands I received from that reservation?

Crazy possibilities. Of course, not that I will be doing this...

7. VegasVic14

VegasVic14 Earning My Ears

Sez the guy who is still advocating having half a dozen bands per person.

8. smbowtie

smbowtie Been there done that, gonna do it again

Sounds like a bunch of lawyers on here. It should be called "How to exploit a loop hole". People trying to get one up on the next guy. Why can't we all play fair.

9. Tramp68

Tramp68 DIS Veteran

Because we all want what everyone else has. We also want to provide the best vacation we can for ourselves (or kids)

We are feeling that Disney is not the place it used to be and we will do anything to get that feeling back. Even if it means lowering ourselves to do it...

(I am guilty of it as well)

10. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

If I cant get my fastpass + selections I want I'm going to blame it on the Disboard cheaters :rotfl:

11. 5Hfan

5Hfan Mouseketeer

:sick: This thread is appalling!

12. karebear06

karebear06 DIS Veteran

Is it not against DIS policy to discuss cheating the system?

This is ridiculous especially if you are playing the free speech card. I can say a lot of things because of "free speech" but it doesn't make it right.

This thread should have been closed a long time ago.

13. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

The "loophole" is what the system allows. The only thing you need to do to use it is not take the step of linking your ticket to your MDE. Disney does not currently require guests to link ticket info to MDE.

I'm not advocating that guests use the loophole. I'm just talking about its existence and our experience with it. It definitely complicates your touring. And you lose FP+ advance reservations (which can only be made if you *do* link your tickets to your MDE). But the system does allow multiple sets of FP+ (only the ones made at the kiosks -- you must give up the chance to use FP+ advance bookings) right now and some people might want to know what the system allows. Everyone is entitled to interpret the allowed uses of the system as they see fit.

Plenty of people are already doing this and would probably not like to see it discussed on a forum. Disney knows that people are doing it. They will close the loophole (possibly very soon) when they choose to do so.

14. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

The constitutional right to free speech doesn't apply to a privately owned internet message board anyway. It applies to the government, not a private venture.

15. JohnneeO

JohnneeO Earning My Ears

As far as I understand it, it is the DIS "policy" to make a personal declaration anytime a suggested or actual strategy violates your own personal moral code. I think that is the "standard" that is usually applied here, as what is "cheating the system" to one DISer is sometimes just a "strategy" to another DISer.

We all come to the DIS looking to maximize the value of the time and money we are spending (or are considering spending) at WDW, and threads like this provide opportunity for that.

At a higher level, we are all sharing ideas and experiences, and I, for one, am grateful that the OP has seen fit to share her experiences here.

16. Roxylovesbears69

Roxylovesbears69 Earning My Ears

If I go June 13- 17 and get a set of MB from camp site. Link tickets and use all tickets and FP+ reservation by June 17th Then I have another set of MB for BCR resort from June 18 to June 27th with FP+ reservations. Can I take my 1st set of MB's to a kiosk on June 18 and get a set of FP+ reservations? Both on separate name and separate MDE online accounts.

17. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

Don't forget that this is all likely to change, possibly very soon - when Disney requires MBs or tickets to be used for park entry in order to use them at the park kiosks for same day FP+.

To use a ticket at the FP+ kiosks, you just tap your ticket. The system recognizes you by name. You'll be asked if you'd like to tap additional tickets for other people who are with you in order to get FP+ together. If you do, you tap those cards. You enter no personal information. Just tap the cards

If you have already made FP+ advance reservations on your MDE and your MDE is linked to your ticket, then the FP+ you've already made in advance will come up on the FP+ kiosk screen in the park when you tap the ticket, and you will not be offered additional FP+. So you can use either your MB or your ticket to use the kiosks or when arriving at the attraction to use your FP+. But you can't use both. Your MB and ticket will both reflect back to the same MDE account -- if the ticket information has been linked on MDE.

I think FP+ are only for active reservations -- but don't know. You're right, the possibilities are crazy. I was only talking about unlinked MBs I already have in hand (for resort stays that I actually made), not ones I was obtaining by making and canceling reservations.

18. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

That's true. But this privately owned internet message board has succeeded in part because it allows people to respectfully discuss allowed uses of various systems (transportation, dining, touring) at Disney. I didn't create this use of MBs and tickets -- Disney did. I just want to discuss it.

Unfortunately, discussions aren't always respectful. And it is sad when people are afraid to speak about an issue or to ask questions because they are afraid of flames. Flames should simply be deleted to keep discussion threads open. This is what I meant by "free speech."

19. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

Which sucked out loud but was still better than that atrocious Stitch abomination they replaced it with.

20. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

Life's not fair, they should have gotten there earlier.

21. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

^ this