Maximize FP+ make new reservations under a new MDE*see post 227 before posting*

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by ScrapYap, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

You're in luck because you haven't linked your tickets to the POLY reservation. (Of course, the loophole could be closed tomorrow -- or next year. Who knows. So look on it as a potential suprise and delight, not something you're counting on.)

I had several reservations over the last few months and was shipped MBs for each of them. They did not require any links to tickets when I ordered the MBs. As far as I know, this is still the case. Go to the MDE you set up for the POLY reservation and customize your MBs now and they'll be shipped to you. (If they are requiring ticket links before shipping MBs, come back here and say so!)

Don't add tickets to the MDE and don't add them at check in if they ask you. (They didn't ask us if our park tickets were on our MBs at any of our four checks ins. And besides, lots of people don't want to carry or wear the MBs and are not making the link anyway.)

Can't make lunch in Chicago, but I just heard there's a T-Rex Cafe in Kansas City, if you want to meet there! :wave2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

This I don't believe.Disny is going to start charging for the key to my resort room?

4. Tramp68

Tramp68 DIS Veteran

Or little brother or sister...

Candace: "Mom! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!"

:rotfl2::rotfl:

5. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

Only if you lose the first one.

6. ppony

ppony Artist in residence DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Dude! I didn't even know you could have a dining plan for only one day of a multi-day stay! Man, thanks for enlightening! That is so cool! We have't dne a dining plan in over 14 years and wasn't inclued w/ what they cost now as they aaren't financially sound for us and how we dine as a fmaily, but spreading it out over 2 days could be genius! At least for those 2 days nd then you'd ahve the mug, which, we also never get. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Normally I'm not a fan of gaming any system, but I'm so anti this new FP situation and an furious about the GAC going away, that I don't care. Disney has managed to make me actually hate them for something. That took skillz. :faint: I only wish I had older passes I could use to take advantage with. Not when you only go every other year. :(

7. BubblesNH

BubblesNH Mouseketeer

We are surprising DFIL with a Disney trip for 70th Birthday. I have a ressie at Yacht Club with MDX attached. We bought tix from UC and have not linked them yet. I just add 3 grandkids to the ressie so I could make BOG ressie with fastpass link. So have 5 MB. DH, myself and kids will actually stay off property. We have stayed on property many times but it is so expensive. We are using timeshare points for our family.

I am thinking of not linking tix and will have 5 fp+ from MB and 7fp+ from Tix??? That should give us some great flexibility. In laws won't ride most of the e attraction anyway and DH and DS don't care about BOG.

I am a little overwhelmed with all of the planning. DH thinks I am crazy to even try to plan which park on which day. To plan ahead and just have to scrap it all when you finally get there because something came up is so much work. We stay on property at Universal for 1 night every time we are in Orlando because of fastpass there.Which we will do this time as well. DH not too impressed with Disney's way.

I am a little put off by the tiering at HS and Epcot. Can't get fp+ for TOT and RoR, that just stinks. I wasn't planning on 2 trips to HS. We will probably be in Epcot multiple times but won't want to waste Fp+ for 1 ride??

Lots of great info here on the boards. I really appreciate the effort people make to help others out. Has saved me a ton of money and time.
    Not sure why people always have to flame people for creative thinking. If you don't like it, don't do it.

8. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

You can't do that! You make a reservation for a one night stay and add dining plan. Though I understand that you can only do this if you have AP, DVC or possibly other scenarios that allow it. You can then make a second reservation for as many additional nights as you like at the same resort or another (without dining plan). But they won't let you add dining plan to just one night of a multi-day stay.

9. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

They will always give you a free card key to your room.

But they will eventually start charging for the MBs -- that's what a cast member told me. Maybe they won't become popular enough for Disney to be able to do it. But there is definitely a "fun" element to personalizing them, getting them in their fancy presentation box, and using them.

10. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

That's how it will work until they close the loophole -- which again, could be tomorrow. Or next year. The fact that they have so many bigger glitches makes me think the loophole could last for a bit. This loophole might not be closed until the end of the testing period. Or much, much sooner.

11. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

I've heard they may sell them to offsite guests, but I don't believe they would ever charge onsite guests for them. It just doesn't make sense since they're what onsite guests are now using in place of KTTW cards.

12. jghart22

jghart22 Earning My Ears

Can anyone answer how this would work? I have a campsite booked with 8 adults and 2 children under three years old. They all show up with their magic bands under the reservation on MDE. However, only 3 adults of the 8 have tickets linked for fastpass plus advanced booking. The other five will arrive later in the trip. Does that mean that the other five magic bands can be used to book additional FP in the park at a kiosk if we carried their bands with us? Also, since the children under 3 don't have tickets linked can we use their bands to make additional FP bookings in the park at the kiosks.

13. mjr0483

mjr0483 Mouseketeer

I was in the same situation. I booked my reservations was fully intending to purchase annual passes when I arrived onsite. I was watching the days tick down to when I could make FP+ reservations with my MDE. When the day came I was stuck in a never ending loop. Do you have tickets, yes, link them here, no, send you to a link to buy tickets. I had to purchase AP and call to get them linked because it wasn't even working.

14. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

When you use one of the 10 magic bands at the park kiosks, you'll be offered FP+ for all 10 people. (And the FPs will automatically load into the account that the bands are connected to -- so each band will get the FPs though you only scan one.)

If you try to make them for all 10 at once, you might have trouble getting good choices due to availability issues. So try making for just a few people at a time and see if that makes a difference. The MBs can be used by anyone in the group. Anyone in the party can use the babies' MBs (since the babies won't need them for FP+ admission).

Note that you will need all 10 MBs with you in the park. While the information for everyone is stored on each band associated with the reservation (and only one band is needed to make changes for the whole group at a kiosk), each band can only be used for one of the three FP assignments at a time. (You can't use the same band to re-enter for a FP assignment -- each of the 10 bands can only be used one time for each of the three assignments.)

Meanwhile, you have separate park tickets for 5 adults that will give you a separate set of FPs.

Again, this could all change at any time if they require the MBs to be activated at park entry (which means they have to be connected to a ticket).

15. famy27

famy27 DIS Veteran

So, someone could book a campground for one night for 10 people under a new MDE account and have 30 extra FPs to work with? Very interesting. I'm not advocating doing so, but that is quite a loophole. For someone with an AP, you could have 3 pre-booked and 30 same-day FPs.

16. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

That makes sense, if they stay secure in your arm, which I understand they do.

17. mjr0483

mjr0483 Mouseketeer

Then I must be doing something wrong. I had an existing reservation but it would not let me make FP+ reservations until I linked a ticket.

18. wen8jr

wen8jr DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Do you know if you can get FP+ loaded to MBs upon arrival to the park (that are from a prior trip) if you have a return visit but are not staying onsite - no reservation linked?

19. kerriemiller

kerriemiller How do you people get anything done around here

I know we are all reading these forums to get insider information. But something about this seems shady and wrong. When I read this I don't see it as working around an unfair system. I see it as taking away from other families. I don't know I wouldn't feel right about doing this.

20. jghart22

jghart22 Earning My Ears

Ok thanks for the help!

21. AthenaBolina

AthenaBolina Mouseketeer

You and me both. It seems pretty sneaky