Maximize FP+ make new reservations under a new MDE*see post 227 before posting*

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by ScrapYap, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

You can add the dining plan to your resort reservation without park tickets. By the way, a glitch that actually works in favor of guests is the fact that the dining plan will give you refillable mugs that work for two weeks. When you use the mug, the screen will tell you on what date the mugs will stop working. With even a one night stay on the dining plan, you get two weeks with a mug. This is how the system works. So work the system and have your dining plan night at the beginning of your stay and use the mug for the whole stay. The mugs work at any resort. And you can pick up your mug with your MB at any resort.

We haven't done free dining (since it's not really free -- you pay through the nose with higher resort rates), so I don't know if that requires park tickets. I don't know why it would.

And using a different set of MBs in order to park hop only works because the resort reservations were made with different MDEs and none are linked to tickets. This is a loophole that will be closed at some point, surely. But this is how it works now.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

If there are no top tier attractions available at the moment you arrive at the Studios kiosks, you will only be offered two FPs (both low tier). If you go back later to try to add a top tier FP (if one has become available), you won't be able to (regardless of availability issues). However, if you make no FPs at all on arrival (when you see that you can only get two), you can go back later and may be offered three (with a top tier that became available). It doesn't make sense. But that's the glitch.

4. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

Only if you have an annual pass, are military, a DVC member, or pay full price for the room. Word is that they are now offering this option to anyone, but not with discounts.

Free dining requires a package with at least 2 day park tickets. You could always just get the 2 days and buy more.

5. ThisIsMyName

ThisIsMyName Earning My Ears

I was joking about the age thing. . my point is with FP+ it adds another element of bonus for having an under 3. They don't need FP+ to ride. I think some people are honest enough to buy the ticket for the 4 year old but don't see the harm of abusing the FP+ system. We were able to use a left over single FP+ to take our 2 year old (really 2 year old) on things.

6. ThisIsMyName

ThisIsMyName Earning My Ears

The Beauty & the Beast and Fantasmic ones were all booked? They are both Tier 1.

7. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

We yes! :rolleyes1. But IT is directly "in" this system right now making changes every day. At some point it won't be such a "thing" and they will just let it sit with all sorts of errors (like the consistently wrong park hours pages)

That is very doable if you can stomach putting out the bucks. Its not just $500 though. $500 gets you a single day in the park for the average family. If the rumors hold though, Disney will be changing for fastpasses soon enough. Each additional FP+ will cost $100 a week per person.

Not at the moment. You must have a package to add the dining plan (or a special ticket such as an AP). That is one of the "perks" of an AP or DVC...the ability to book dining without buying a package.

8. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

I hadn't realized that. We've been AP for decades.

9. mefordis

mefordis If you can dream it, you can do it.

Disney should actually pay you for performing a QA service. Glad you aren't afraid of the flamers! :)

10. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

The kiosk tablets said that all top tier FPs were unavailable. It was a busy day -- but there are only busy days now that they've started the marathons and other ways of bringing in the crowds during what used to be slow times. We were offered only two FPs (without a top tier). I don't think you can choose to restrict yourself to only two (not that there would be a reason to do so). If there are three, you will be given three. But if the top tier are gone, you'll only get two.

11. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

The real shame is when threads need to be locked down because of intolerant postings. We should all be tolerant of each other and offer differing opinions with respect. That way, free speech could reign -- rather than either fear or flames.

12. frozengurl

frozengurl Mouseketeer

I'm so confused! I had to link my AP to MDX to prove I had tix to even select FP+! I do have MB from my October trip and 3 more scheduled for April, May, and again in October! How would I use all those to get extra FP?
    Also, I can make FP ressies everyday for 60 days even if I'm not planning on going to the parks... I guess bc of AP

13. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

That right there would be enough motivation for me to become an AP holder. We love dining plan on a one night stay -- we spread the credits by sharing counter service to provide two days worth of food with one night of credits. (Using a snack credit to buy something for breakfast. A $4.99 item, of course!)

***Note that you cannot add the dining plan to just one night of a multi-day resort reservation. But you can get the dining plan added to a *one night stay* if you have AP or DVC.

14. MinniesYooHoo

MinniesYooHoo With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik

We only ever book "room only" with the military discount (not a package) and we add the Dining plan every time.:goodvibes

15. FlipHipster

FlipHipster Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Well said :thumbsup2

In just a few short months there are going to be thousands of people (kids) with their new iphones and MB's walking around the parks trying to figure out how to get more FP. If anyone at Disney thinks these are isolated incidents they are kidding themselves. It is the future and they created it. Technology is cool but it isn't a freebie you better know what you are implementing.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game

16. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If you added the dining plan, it was a package. A ticketless package, but a package nonetheless.

17. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

As long as this loophole exists (which could be days or months), you can choose not to select FP+ in advance. Then you are going to arrive at the parks with no FP+ at all. Go early, and you will have plenty of choices. Go late and you'll still have choices, though they will change every few minutes as other people make changes.

Probably you made all your reservations with the same MDE account. If that's the case, then you can't get multiple sets of FPs. All the bands will direct back to your one account (to which you've already linked your ticket information). (However, if you have different people in your party on one resort reservation versus another resort reservation, maybe the bands for all the various members of the party could work, even if they are not there -- until Disney requires that bands/tickets be activated at park entry for use at the FP+ kiosks. Yes, it's complicated!)

So you would probably best served just enjoying the luxury of booking FP+ in advance and being content with three FPs per person. That's where we're all headed. Probably.

Using multiple bands to get multiple sets of FPs is only for people who make each resort reservation under a different MDE account and who do not link their tickets to any of those accounts. The system allows you to do that right now. Tomorrow, maybe it won't. So this loophole is definitely not for everyone.

18. frozengurl

frozengurl Mouseketeer

Oh ok, I see, thank you! Yes, you are correct that they are all linked to the same MDX account! I am pretty content with my three but if I could use it just to get two tier 1 attractions I would... That's the only thing I hate about the new FP+

19. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

I didn't use to have the Us vs. Disney mentality. But FP+ makes you feel like a pawn in a game. And of course when the Man took away my free refills for life, I got mad. :)

20. FlipHipster

FlipHipster Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

I feel ya. I don't look at it so much as us vs. them, more like they created opportunities that didn't exist before....
    :rolleyes1

21. famy27

famy27 DIS Veteran

This thread intrigues me. I haven't read everything, so apologies if this has been covered.

I have MBs and APs, so I can book FP+ whenever. I also have a RO ressie at POLY. It's a surprise trip for DH's 40th b-day, so I created a separate MDE account so that he won't see what's going on. No tickets are linked to that at present

So, am I correct that I can book one set of FPs in advance and get another set each day with the second batch of bands? If so, I owe the OP lunch if she's ever in Chicago!

For some reason, I thought you needed to have tickets linked to a ressie in order to have MBs shipped. Are they shipping MBs now, even without tickets?