Maximize FP+ make new reservations under a new MDE*see post 227 before posting*

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by ScrapYap, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

You only need the park ticket attached to book the FP online in advance of your stay. And people are obviously very interested in doing that. But you don't have to.

The old bands from previous resort stays never had tickets attached. They all worked to book FPs at the kiosks.

This is how it works right now. Maybe they'll change it. But since most people really like the option of booking in advance, they may not need to change it. Most people will just be linking the tickets.

This reminds me of the old days when paper fast passes never expired. Officially, they had an expiration time. Unofficially, any cast member would tell you that you could bring that piece of paper back at any time, even years later -- and as long as you were entering the attraction *after* the window opening time printed on the ticket, it would expire. I learned that unwritten policy here on the DIS! That was years ago when the parks weren't so crowded and they could be laid back about such things.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

You'd have to cancel and rebook your resort stay. (Hey -- then you'd have an extra set of Magic Bands!) But that would be a lot of work. And the advance reservations are a much easier option. You don't have to get to the park early if you don't want to. Using the kiosks means getting there early. After about 11:00 a.m., it's trickier to get the "E ticket" rides.

4. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

The old bands are definitely active. For up to two years. (Only at the FP kiosks.)

5. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

Hard to say. You can still use park passes that were not used for park entry at the FP kiosks. That will surely be a loophole they will close. But the Magic Bands are different -- they want guests to bring them back for future resort stays. They're not going to just deactivate them. In time, if enough people are using multiple sets, they'll close the loophole. But if it's one of those DIS-type secrets, the loophole might stay open for a while.

6. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

I'm not sure how the prebooking would work if you didn't have a resort reservation. But if you link your tickets to a resort reservation in MDE to prebook, you'd lose the option of getting a second set of FPs on the tickets themselves. But of course, you'd be trading that for an prebooking. Then you use the old MBs for the extras.

Keeping the park tickets separate from the MBs will probably always guarantee you a second set of FPs -- even if they close up the loophole of the multiple sets of MBs.

7. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

It's not a glitch. It is the way the system was designed. It wasn't designed with power users who will figure out every way to 'break' the system. It just cannot process all possibilities and since a ticket doesn't need to be active or used for entry to work for FP+ the the OP's work around is very logical.

8. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

Doubtful, the only way this works long term is if you use different email address and completely separate MDE accounts and even so I don't see it sticking around long. All MBs past, present and future are automatically linked to your MDE account (some disers have 6 on their MDE at this point). You can use any one of them on any given day so you can color coordinate them with your outfits each day if you'd like. You do not have to use your current MB. It is very likely they will only let a MB with active tickets book at FP+s in the near future. So a MB linked to a MDE with no tickets will not be able to get FP+. I assume your glitch has to do with the AP switchover that is happening this week.

9. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

If you used the same email address (same MDE) to make the Sept 2013 reservation as you did for your two new reservations, then all the Magic Bands will be connected to the same set of people. It might be that the various sets of MBs would all go back to the same account and not work separately. My reservations were all made under different MDEs, so I don't know about that part. The new tickets will give you separate FPs if you don't link them.

There is the chance that Disney will close this up. So if advance reservations are important to you, definitely link your tickets and make them.

If you arrive at the parks early, though -- you can get practically any FPs you like. It was pretty busy over the last couple of weeks, but we were still able to get rides like Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. And we don't mind being flexible. So for us, not having advance bookings was no loss at all.

10. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

The ticket is not the issue. It is the MB. As some point soon, they will only allow MBs with active tickets attached to make FP+ even at a kiosk. The computer can see if there is a ticket attached or not very easily and just say no. Just like the online pre-booking knows if there is a ticket attached or not.

11. lions1995

lions1995 DIS Veteran

You do realize you are talking about disney IT. It will take them a while to even understand the issue. I wonder if any of them have ever been to a disney park.

12. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

That could be.

Eventually, the old MBs will probably be deactivated and have to be "reactivated" with a new resort reservation and new tickets to make kiosk FP+ in the future. That could happen next week or next year.

But it may always be a good idea to keep park tickets off the reservation/MDE -- until Disney requires that they be connected! That day will probably be further into the future. Until then, you should be able to get at least two sets of FPs.

13. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

:rotfl2:

14. Ariel on Land

Ariel on Land DIS Veteran

Ok I have bands from a prior trip and a different MDE account. They were however linked to the tickets from that trip. Can these work to get FPs at the kiosks?

15. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

You.give them.too much credit. There are things I.can.do.with my bands that definitely bend/break.the system.but Im.not.helping IT make my life anymore difficult. Ive been able to do the things for 8months so I.dont think they even know about it or care.

16. ScrapYap

ScrapYap Mouseketeer

As of right now (and for who knows how long), the old bands will work at the FP+ kiosks. Your new tickets will give you a separate set of FPs. And if you have a new resort reservation (not linked to your new tickets), you'll get a third set.

17. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

Welcome to the next gen of "gaming the system"...and they said it couldn't happen with extra crispy FP.

18. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

If you do this, you give up the option to book in advance though.

19. Wishes Count

Wishes Count DIS Veteran

I just want to share that this loophole may be closed sooner than you think. Just like with FP- when they turn on "in park validation" you will not be able to use a piece of media that hasn't been scanned for entry. Remember FP- tickets that would be spit out saying they were not valid? They have already begun testing with the in park validation for the new media. So if you bring an extra ticket, band linked to another account, your brother's MB etc you will not be able to use it to make FP selections at the kiosk, as it will not have been scanned and used for entry.

20. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

Give up the option or get 9 extra fast passes? I know which one I'm picking.

OP is brilliant. I love it when people figure out ways to game the system.

21. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

Yeah, but his bands are not linked to tickets. Disney would need to require every band to be linked to a ticket, which may happen.

Also, even if they did you could enter the park multiple times since they do not know you left.