Max per room on DDP?

sbrussell

Earning My Ears
I'll try to keep this short....we are thinking of going in July when some other family are going to be there. We have a free timeshare week we got from my in laws but it will be off property. We have always stayed on property to ride buses and use DDP. The rest of our group will be in studios at BDW and OKW. Can they put us on their DDP? I'm thinking you can't put anymore onto the plan that the max occup allowed for that room. They will have 4 in a studio and 3 in a studio and I think max for studios is 4 people. My wife and 2 kids will make 4 of us so I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work where we can be on DDP.

To qualify for the DDP you must be staying at a Disney resort. If you are staying at a time share, you cannot purchase the DDP. The scenario you laid out, staying off property and trying to get a relative to purchase the DDP for you, is against Disney policy. Discussions of how to circumvent Disney policy is prohibited on Disboards.

In addition to the above being completely accurate, you wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

Disney isn't going to allow more people to be on the dining plan than are in the room. The system wouldn't even allow it.

If it is a Vacation Club reservation, the only way you can do this is if the maximum capacity of the room is not exceeded. DVC will not allow booking beyond the room's capacity. From what the OP said, the maximum capacity left over in their rooms is one person - which will not cover the OP plus his family.

If it's not a DVC reservation, the same applies as to the capacity - and there would also be the added concern regarding extra adult charges and ticket purchase.

Sorry, but you will have to stay onsite to get DDP for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter