Matthew & Jaclyn's PJ GF Beach/LSS/UK Lower:Update - Ending my PJ due to problems

I never knew you could get married on the GF beach.I love how they have it set up.

OMG :scared1: I'd be horrified if that happened to me while shopping for dresses! You're such a trooper! :hug: Don't let it discourage you, you WILL find your dream dress and you'll laugh about how terrible it was later! :goodvibes

That setup on the beach at the WP is gorgeous!!! And what a great deal on those bags!!

everything looks great- congrats on the tote bag find.

Thanks! But they are really small, but I think it's going to work out in my favor!

Wow, the beach location looks really nice! Everything looks good.

The Napa Room at California Grill can fit 30 people with dancing or up to 50 people with dinner and no dancing. I really wanted this location so we could see Wishes but we are possibly having 40 guests. I also wanted dancing so we wouldn't have enough room.

This is good to know. We are inviting 56 at the moment, but don't plan on everyone coming (but we may add more) but I'm thinking if we get alot of declines to think of this location too ... since I'm really disappointed about not ended my wedding with a dessert party:guilty:

I love the last dress! It's beautiful! As far as locations, I really like the beach area outside the WP! It's goregous!

Thank you! It's nicer than I expected, I'm just kinda worried about decor now.

I'm sorry the Bridaltown experience was so bad for you. I had such an easy time there that I was hoping that you would find your dream dress there. That being said, you look great in the Disney bridal dress. I think it looked the best out of all the ones that you've shown us so far. Hopefully you can find something at your next stop!

Thanks so much!!! I did really like the Sleeping Beauty but I haven't find the 'one' yet

Sorry Bridaltown blew, don't you feel like you can't get good service anymore lately..when I went to Macy's bridal salon to look at BM dresses I stormed out of there,the whole thing was horrid,it was my only bridezilla moment through this whole process.

Well I love the Sleeping beauty dress on you.It fit's you so well.Look's great on you.The last one looks gorgeous too,I hope you have better luck at groupusa.

Thanks Lynn! Yeah, It didn't get any better at Groupusa!!! I have horrible luck so far with bridal shops!

I am so glad I skipped Bridaltown!

Yeah, I wish I did, lol!

OMG :scared1: I'd be horrified if that happened to me while shopping for dresses! You're such a trooper! :hug: Don't let it discourage you, you WILL find your dream dress and you'll laugh about how terrible it was later! :goodvibes

That setup on the beach at the WP is gorgeous!!! And what a great deal on those bags!!

Thanks! It's not getting better for me so I'll be taking a short break before I continue looking. Hopefully this other salon will help!

Ok so I have some Updates... but first, Mermaid_Ariel, if you read this before I post the flowers, don't worry I'm waiting for very slow photobucket to upload all my pics! I'll post the flower pics soon!

I promised myself I would go to bed early tonight so I don't know how much of my update I'll get done. I have ALOT of pics to post.:hourglass

First update is... I purchased the airfare for the site visit trip. I still haven't received Jack's Pack yet, nor booked a rental car. Starfruit Productions Demo is in the mail...and I haven't heard back from Carolyn Allen's yet about rescheduling our appt.

Now on to the second update...I wanted to post this ASAP so I could remember my experience

I went dress shopping last Saturday at GroupUSA. What drew me in is a great Mermaid style dress that was only $500 bucks! Almost all of their dress are under $650. So I thought it would be awesome if I found something because I'd have some legroom in the budget. We'll so far, no such luck!

If anyone could help me with rotating my pics, please let me know. The dress pics are from my cell and for some reason in photobucket when I rotate it doesn't save it. Any help would be appreciated.
There are two parts to this review, the first part I left the store in tears...
The second part, was better, :upsidedow I have some dress contenders now. But I haven't really fallen in 'love' yet with a dress. I almost settled and bought something because it was almost what I was looking for, it was inexpensive and didn't have a train. But it was sleeveless and it didn't come in white.

The first review...

I was exactly four minutes late and I ran to the counter and said I was there for a bridal appt. She called someone on the load speaker and told me to go back so I did. A women comes out obviously like shes looking for someone so I'm assuming it's me. She asks me if I have the appt and I tell her yes. She then asks me "well, where's the Dress?" And I tell her, it's my first Appt. I haven't tried anything on yet, And shes like 'well why did you schedule an appt with a seamstress" WHAT???:scared1: I explain that I didn't and she's laughing and tells me the other woman would help me. So she passes me off on this new person that I learned later it was her very first day. She tells me that She'll be with me in a moment, but new girl will start helping me until she's free.

The new girl tells me to look around and let me know what I like. Well she disappears forever and I finally just start pulling dresses off the racks. I tell her I had a specific dress in mind to try on(as posted earlier) and she looks for it. After some confusion, it turns out they have it, YAY! So I take 3 dresses with me and try some on. She tells me to let her know what I like and she'll try and find it. So I turn down pages in their catalog and give it to her. She basically looses the catalog until later.

Here's the first almost dress. It was the first time my Dad about me in a dress. But my Mom didn't like it. The bottom isn't what it looks like. The tulle is kinda not attached in some places, but I did try on this dress three different times because I did like it. I didn't like the seams down the front either.

groupusa1.jpg

Here's another, this was very princessy, but it just wasn't it. Didn't like the train.

groupusa7.jpg

The other sales person, I'll refer to as Mic (shortened her name) is kinda passing by saying if I need help just ask and giving comments. Mic asks when the wedding is and I say next Sept. I realize later that it must be she thought I wasn't buying, so she stopped helping me and left me to newbie.
My mom these three and this is where it gets bad.:sad2:

groupusa5.jpg

groupusa10.jpg

groupusa9.jpg

I run out of dresses and it's hard to look around since you have no shoes on and you are in a dress. And I don't think my mom is the best shopper helper. She find stuff she likes, but not that I like so I've been relying on the sales associates knowledge to help. Big mistake.

I ask Newbie to find this specfic dress because I can't reach it. I'm not demanding, just asking for her help. I ask her if she's found any of the other ones I marked in the book. She looks at me with the face "oh yeah I was supposed to do that" and lies to me (I find out later she kinda did lie).

So I'm frustrated. I made the appt and I'm getting no help, they have a line of people waiting for a dressing room and I'm like I look like a b**** if I hog a room, but I really wanted to try on more. So I get dressed and figure I can call it a day. But I'm so disappointed.

So we walk through the store and I see just about every dress I marked down. I'm pissed now. I see the dresses I was pointing to and almost everything in my sizes. See they kept telling me if they had something it wasn't in my size. Well most bridal stores have one size to try on and then you order it. GroupUSA has several to try on and can order more if you find one you like. I asked this in the beginning so I was clueless. Give me a size larger, just let me try it on! I ask to speak to a manager because I feel I made an appt and I didn't get good service. The manager ignores me twice. :furious:

So I start picking up stuff and so does my mom I march right back to the rooms and wait. No one helps me. At this point I'm so pissed, so I'm telling the entire waiting room what just happned, not really classy I know, but I was just so disappointed by another store that I couldn't help it. I finally stop waiting and me and my mom take over an empty room (after I check no one wanted it) At this point I ask for help and I forget what she says. I ended up just so frustrated I satrt crying while trying on a dress I really, really liked. It was a princess dress without train! But I'm just too upset and want to leave.:sad:

Here's the no train princess dress.
groupusa4.jpg

The seamstress sees me so upset and finally the manager comes back and my Mother BITES HER HEAD OFF! My mom rarely gets pissed and sticks up for me, but I love it when she does! I know it sounds strange but I felt so much better she did that. My Mom really lets her have it.

So we leave and I cry. My mom and dad and I go to dinner and talk about what happened. My dad (who was in the waiting area the whole time) said that the newbie girl had no idea what she was doing. She kept asking Mic for ehlp in finding my dresses and Mic said she was too busy. Mic would point to the section a dress what at and newbie just felt it was too much work so didn't really look.

Somehow, my mom talks me into going back. She knew I really liked some of the dresses and said don't let pissy people ruin this experience for me. I almost didn't based on principle, I didn't want to give that store my money, but I let my mom walk me back. I figured if I saw something I loved I would go to Jersey Group USA and buy it there.

So I go back and my mom must have said something to someone because she ran right to bridal and then came back and said lets go we have a new sales person. The store was empty. This person was really great, but a little too upfront with her opinion. I like upfront people but She would straight out tell me something would look bad on me when I actually would really like it. So I don't know if it was a good experience, but it was better.

Turns out, some of the dresses I liked were quincerara dresses. Basically princessy dresses that didn't come with a train. T (new sales girl) must have told me 3 times and I said I really don't care I like the dress. She puts the three quincerara dresses to the back and I just try them on anyway.

This is so far, the dress I love but it doesn't come in white!!
groupusa3.jpg

groupusa18.jpg

groupusa16.jpg

Mom and I really liked this one, but my Dad didn't
groupusa2.jpg

I loved how simple and elegant this was but I know I'll regret not getting a somewhat poufy dress for my wedding so this was out.

I have more pics to show this one better - they didn't all upload for some reason.:badpc:
groupusa11.jpg

I asked to see this one and T tells me that it very pretty in the book and thats where it should stay. She says that any jewelry will pull on it. I ask to try it on anyway. It was nice, but not it

groupusa14.jpg

ANother train
groupusa15.jpg

And this last one which was super cute, but just wasn't it. I danced around alittle because this dress reminded me of the Julia Roberts 'bell' dress in runaway bride.
groupyusa8.jpg

So here's the top contenders
groupusa18.jpg

groupusa12.jpg

But I have some cons for both so I'm gonna keep looking. She did tell me because of the what happened she would give me 20% off whatever I bought, but I didn't want to purchase anything yet. Especially cause I was even more hesitant with their service.

Unfortunately I had to cancel my Arielle Bridal appt for this Saturday but will reschedule more for the end of March. I need a break already!!!

I have alot more updates, such as more purchases, welcome bag stuff, and the bridesmaid necklaces I'm making from my inspiration of Lurkyloo's teal necklace and a necklace I found on ebay. Hopefully I can post tomorrow or later this week.

Another note, I haven't been able to post on alot of PJs as much as I would like to, but I am enjoying them all! I can't be on the DIS as much on the new job, even though I'm really bored right now at work. It seems they don't like change and no one wants to give the new person any work! I keep hearing to just go with the flow and I'll get busy, but it sucks because I have to lurk instead of actively posting so I dont get cuaght at work!

To finish off the night, here's a pic of all the wedding stuff I need to clean up before I go to bed. I dug it all out so I can take pics for my PJ and now I have to put it all back!!!

P2250041.jpg

More to come! Thanks for reading everyone!!!:wave2:

I started wedding dress shopping about 18 months in advance (totally fun to feel surrounded by layers of taffeta), and I tried on dozens of dresses. I found the "one," though, only after a few very close calls. The point is: don't worry at this point! You still have another whole season or four of dresses; yours might not even be out yet. It's great to have backup options in case you never find one that is absolutely 100% perfect, but as long as you can wait until the right one comes along, you should. (Unless you want to buy multiple dresses, and there are plenty of brides on here that have done that...)

Our colors are pretty similar to yours (aqua, green); have you looked yet at bridesmaids' dresses?

I just realized from my ticker that today is exacty 18 months until my wedding!!! Yay! I know it's still really far away but it just feel better to say tomorrow, 'I'm less than 18 months' :thumbsup2

I wanted to update this last night but had to get to bed, so on to the third update!

I made some purchases, items were shipped, I decided to make necklaces, and recieved some information from DFTW.

I plan to be as descriptive as possible and include as much as I can in my PJ. it's to help me stay on track as well. My PJ will probably be 100 pgs long by next August!

The Save the Date from Disney
P2250007.jpg

P2250008.jpg

P2250009.jpg

The info packet from Disney - contains guidelines, minimums, locations, videography prices, photography prices, Vendor information, Honeymoon registry, and Menus.
P2250002.jpg

P2250010.jpg

Items for welcome bags

I really like the idea of a welcome bags because I never seen it done before. Plus I really don't want to do favors at my wedding and this is a way to get the shopping bug out of my system! :rotfl: I'm having fun finding stuff at the best price possible. I love shopping challenges.

Here's the canvas totes I found at OrientalTrading.com. They came out to .50 a bag
P2250015.jpg

But they are much smaller than I thought, so at first I thought I'd wasted my money, but it will actually work to my benefit. I know nobody will probably use them anyway, but I wasn't paying that much for a nicer bag. Plus, now I don't have to buy that much to fill the bag.
P2250016.jpg

I also found these fish travel games. They came out to .66 a piece. And they fit with the theme.
P2250012.jpg

I also purchased these fish bags for I think .10 a bag for any loose snacks
P2250011.jpg

And my 116 Shout Wipes from Ebay. Came out to .13 with shipping.
P2250017.jpg

So far my welcome bags...
P2250018.jpg

I also purchased the Disny notebooks from Target for $1.00 for two last night. I forgot to take a pic seperately. Also shown are the bandaid holders I've been secretly stealing from work. And the Disney Pens I bought as a lot on ebay and also the tissues I bought it packs of 9 from the dollar store.

I also purchased these from Oriental Trading for our payments that will be due the day of the wedding.

P2250013.jpg

I also went to ACMoore on Sunday and they were having a 25% off sale on everything, so of course I had to buy stuff.

I bought these T-shirts so I could start practicing on making some wedding shirts and also the Lollipop sticks and wrappers since they were on sale.
P2250020.jpg

I've been inspired by Lurkyloo's necklace because I love how it looks in her photos. I definitely want to wear a blue necklace but since I don't have my dress I can't start thinking about jewelry yet!

I have more on this subject so I'll update later..... Gotta get back to work at the moment!

WOW I just realized I haven't update the entire month of March. I dont have alot of big updates at the time. I have bought a TON of stuff! I really need to get off ebay!

I haven't been bridal shopping for the whole month and I think I'm ready to go back again! I realized I really need to get into gear because throughout April & May I have very little weekends to shop and then summer hits and I'm a year out from the wedding

Talking about time flying, I'm not only 17 months from my wedding, it seems only yesterday I couldn't wait to just make it to the 18 month mark.

I have a ton of stuff to take pictures of and show you all! Plus I think I've selected an invitation, at least the start of one, now I'm thinking of what I'd like to use to embellish it.

I also heard from DF's mom that she can book 2 weeks of her timeshare at a Disney resort! She's thinking that she would book a resort for her other two children and their families and then her and her husband, She has her pick of Boardwalk villas and Saratonga Springs and the room sleeps 8. If she does this, that's 14 nights taking care of for the room block, plus my parents and ourselves and that means I won't have to stress about the minimums! Yay!

I have also been obessed now with earning 'rewards' to save up for our wedding. I got a Disney Visa in November and have been using it to pay for everything and then paying it off right away to earn the rewards! I'm stocking up as much as I can!

I also joined Sunshine Rewards! I heard about this site from Lurkyloo (she posted a link somewhere and I hope she got credit!) and now I'm soooo addicted! At first I was a little skeptical but now I love it! The credits add up really quickly and I'm almost up to $30 in credits!

I also signed up for the Disney Honeymoon registry and got the free tote bag (thanks to OceanGddss) It's very cute, but the card took forever to reach me. I'll post pictures later this week.

I promise I'll post more later!!!:flower3:

I'm so sorry you are just not having luck at any bridal salon's with the people that work there!

I hope it get's better!

Everything look's great.Cute bags!

Whohoo! You're off to a great start on the honeymoon fund. We paid for the entire thing using Sunshine Rewards, Disney Visa Rewards and the Disney Honeymoon Registry! :thumbsup2 (And yes, I got my $2 - thanks! :rotfl: )

Just started reading through your journal. Sorry to hear about all the problems at the dress shops.

We used Sunshine Rewards too, although we aren't as savy of shoppers we still ended up with enough to pay for a few meals :goodvibes

How does sunshine rewards work? Do you just take surveys and they pay you?

Sunshinerewards works by taking surveys and also by shopping.

The surveys you put in your email and answer some questions and then with shopping, look first at a wesbite you are going to make a purchase to see if sunshinerewards has it on their site. Alot ask for alot of information but the daily opinion survey credits .80 cents everyday if you take it and are eligible for it, like it they have a kids survey up and you have kids or if they have a car survey and you are planning a car, similiar to that

They have disneyshopping, ebay, target, sephora, and a ton of other smaller businesses. But they have stores that you actually recoginize, not bogus ones. and depending on the stroe you get like 2% of your purchase back, some are like 8% but it varies on the store. you just click on the link from sunshine rewards otherwise you won't get credited. I just bought my mom an eeyore necklace form collectibles today and checked sunshine first and they list them as a store! So I got i'll get 8 bucks I think just for clicking through sunshine at a store I was planning to make a purchase from anyway.

You can also do paid clicks for .01 which is you click on a link (like yahoo jobs) and you get a penny for it and the same with emails, they said out like a newsletter email and you get one penny for reading that.

It really adds up pretty quick, I've been a little addicted! :angel:

Lurkyloo - I'm glad you got credited! Thanks for referring me!

Roseviolet - thanks you! I do you they have have referrals now, it's so exciting!

Figment fan - I'm thinking any extra dollars are a bonus!!!! I'm gonna take advantage of the time I have every way I can to earn dollars! :goodvibes

I'll probably post my update tongiht so there's more to come later:hug:

so i just got caught up with your PJ. you are making me feel so bad!!!! i haven't done anything and I am 3 days behind you AGH!!!:scared1:
Everything looks great so far...I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

I am sorry you has such a horrible time in at Group USA, if you love the dress though I would go back and get it. :confused3

I've been gona for quite awhile because my sister lost her husband at the end of April 08. I haven't had the urge to really even think about my wedding very much since then, but I've slowly moving back on track.

I have PLENTY of updates. I've had my site visit with Disney (Heidi is awesome!) and meet with all of my vendors.

I see that there is a new organization set in place, before I start to get back into the flow of wedding planning and tell you my updates since April, could the moderators please move me into the proper forum?

Thank you!

Hi Welcome back!!!! I am sorry for your loss. :hug:

How did the site visit go? I was there Aug 18 for mine. Isn't Heidi the greatest!!

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I can understand why it would have been difficult to focus on wedding planning.
I hope all is going well for you, and I can't wait to hear about all of your progress.

First, I am sorry for your loss.

I wasn't around when you started your PJ but I just got done reading the entire thing and I love all of your ideas. I can't wait to hear more and see if you find the perfect dress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter