Matterhorn?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by mAlien13, Aug 13, 2006.

1. mAlien13

mAlien13 Down with Disney

On the DLR website the schedule shows that the Matterhorn will be closed the last week of September. Does anyone have any information if this is a long term closing or any idea where I can look to find out more?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. exDS vet

exDS vet "How in the world can the words that I said send s

I believe the Matterhorn will be closed for about six weeks, begining after labor day, but I could be wrong. Somebody else will know for sure.

4. Disneyland1084

Disneyland1084 OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!

This is usually the time of year where the Matterhorn just shuts down for refurbishment. I know there are various websites that talk about Disneyland ride refurbishments, but I can't think of what the addresses are now, sorry. Just type in Disneyland Ride Refurbishments and see what comes up. :sunny:

5. Brina78

Brina78 Mouseketeer

That ride has been there since 1959 and is always in need of refurbishments every now and then. It's good to do when the ride has been around for a long time.

6. Twinprincesses

Twinprincesses DIS Veteran

I am hoping it is back up and working in October.

7. azgal81

azgal81 <font color=blue>I am such a big fan of color<br><

The matterhorn will be down from August 28th until November 22nd for refurb and it is rumored they will be putting in better restraint devices.

Sorry for all those that are hoping to ride it when its down but it really needs this!

8. mAlien13

mAlien13 Down with Disney

I agree that the ride could really benefit from some extra TLC. Of course, that's easy for me to say when it will probably be up and running for our trip in December. There is almost always something that is closed, or not opened yet, or an old favorite that was retired when you take a Disney trip. I try to look at it as part of the Disney way...they are always trying to keep things fresh and above all, safe. Last trip we took, the Pirates were closed. That was really hard for me, especially knowing that when it re-opened it would not be the same. But I am looking forward to seeing it. I am avoiding all the posts about it, I want to be surprised. :banana:

9. silence

silence <font color=red>Missin' Mickey<br><font color=roya

The park calendar shows it going down now on Sept. 5th, the day after Labor Day. Has anyone heard anything official about this change? We will be there on 8/21 and 9/1 and my son would really like to ride this one!