MASS EXIT from Fantasmic

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Tricia's mom, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Tricia's mom

Tricia's mom DIS Veteran

Often while I am enjoying the show I look around and try and figure out WHY ? WHY ? is there NOT an exit to the parking lot from this show ??

is there something I am not seeing that would stop this ?
    Is it too many people to dump in a parking lot and then not know where there going...

There has GOT to be another system of exiting.:confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tricia's mom

Tricia's mom DIS Veteran

ooops.. posted this in the wrong spot... now i need to figure out how to move it...

4. cheerbaybee

cheerbaybee Mouseketeer

If i remember correctly. When the show there is a show at the time the park closes they actually take you a back way so that you do not have to exit through the park.

I think thats the closes to the parking lot... :confused3

5. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

To get a thread moved, just PM a moderator and we'll take care of that for you. I'll send this over to the Theme Parks board now. :)

6. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Yes, they exit you through backstage areas and you end up at the front of the park near the turnstiles. They also do this when there is a capacity crowd lined up for the next show - on New Year's Day, all three shows exited in this manner.

7. Tricia's mom

Tricia's mom DIS Veteran

yes, that I know...
    But why can't they have an exit on the other side of the show ? The opposite side that they have you enter.

8. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

The Fantasmic space is pretty much in one corner of the park. There's really only one general direction for entrance or egress since any other direction takes you backstage or into a waterway.

9. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

The "opposite side" than the one on which you enter is either on the lake,
    or completely backstage on the wrong side.

[​IMG]

10. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Slowpoke. :goodvibes

11. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Probably liability issues. If families have split up and are in different areas of the park, they wouldn't be able to meet up. I also think as part of security, the turnstiles are under surveillance at all times. Even Fantasmic cast members exit into the park at the end of the last show.

12. Robo

Sad, but true.

I dun come in tooo late.

13. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

At least you have those cool maps that everyone seems to dig. And they are a heckuva lot easier to explain where everything is than all these words I like to type. :)

14. Robo

Ya got me feelin' better ta'bout my own self, now.

Not so DE-pressed.

15. Tricia's mom

Tricia's mom DIS Veteran

almost like it shouldn't dump you off on sunset blvd....it should split more towards the gate..... i didn't realize the waterway was THAT close...that answers my question.

16. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

Other than Epcot, aren't all the parks one entrance/exit? Must be some kind of crowd control thing. Maybe it's making sure that everyone who came through a turnstile, exits through a turnstile? Maybe not, because certainly one could enter through the International Gateway at Epcot and exit out of FW.:confused3

17. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I think they also want you to have access to gift shops on your way out :thumbsup2

18. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I think it also has a lot to do with transportation. If there could be an alternate exit, how would you get to your bus, boat, monorail or car?? These are all accessed from the entrance (except the International Gateway at Epcot). If they did build an alternate exit to F. as the OP suggested (including a bridge tall enough for the friendhip boats to pass under), it would be a LOOONG walk back to the buses or parking lot.

19. Mom2darlingboys

Mom2darlingboys Mouseketeer

I have often thought this myself. There is a gate (I believe - or is it just a fence that could BECOME a gate??) that could let out right by the friendship docks (cannot tell you how many times I wondered why they didn't create an 'auxiliary' exit there while waiting for a friendship boat to take us to BWV!). The buses are just a bit further. And it would save you that long walk around.

The only two things we could come up with is:

a) people may exit there, then complain they didn't know it would take them out of the park and they want back in to shop/meet someone, etc. causing a mess at the gates where everyone else is exiting, and potentially creating traffic as they walk against the flow like salmon swimming upstream. :eek:

and

b) It wouldn't be Disney if they didn't make us all walk much further than necessary and potentially even humanly impossible (part of my conspiracy theory that Disney purposely spaces things so far apart and implements crowd control measures to ensure excessive walking) to wear people down so they leave the parks early and they can fit more guests!). I can almost hear my DH's eyes rolling as I type this! :rolleyes:

Sure would love that gate, Disney, if you're listening. I promise I'll do plenty of shopping during the day if you'd let me out by the boat docks!!! :cheer2:

20. Stitch407

Stitch407 Florida Mouseketeer

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Everything has to lead to gift shops = WDW Rule