Mary Poppins NYC trip- where $hould we eat?

John's Pizza, Junior's, or Ollie's (which is now all the way down past the Port Authority, but still within a few blocks) for amazing, inexpensive chinese and the new restaurant is gorgeous (used to be in times sq)

I forgot about Ollie's! It's between 9th and 10th Ave on 42nd St and the prices are really great for good-sized portions. DD and I actually have found that it's better to share an entree rather than have so much left over. Junior's also has very large portions. Sardi's on 44th near John's is also nice and very traditional NY theatre. Prices are not too bad especially for lunch.

We like to go to Johns Pizza (old church) also. We've brought different people on different trips and everyones liked it. But before and after theatre can be crowded so be prepared to wait and I don't think they take reservation (not sure though). If they do and you want to go there then make a reservation.

We JUST saw Mary Poppins this past Friday!! :thumbsup2 We ate at BBQ's right across the street from the theatre. The chicken tenders were delicious! Only disappointment is that there are NO desserts at all!!:eek: They figure there are a bunch of other places right outside with sweets. :confused3 Prices were very reasonable considering they have to pay NYC rents. Lol

It was a great show. Enjoy!!!!

For a fun dinner with a child, I second Ellen's Stardust Diner. DD10 (at the time) absolutly loved it. We ended up going 3 times on our week long trip to NY. Breakfast- dinner-and once for dessert after a show. The food was fine but the atmosphere made it so fun.

Thanks to evryone- we are back and we ate at Virgils- as it turned out, our hotel was right across the street so it worked out. They do have good prices for a sit down restaurant in NYC. We also ate casual at Pret a Manger (local chain I think)-I loved that place and it was fresh and the prices were very low- not just low for NYC. I loved it. They had incredible baked goods (croissants...) and sandwiches, salads, soup, bottled fresh smoothies (100% fruit), and coffee. Lots of vegetarian and organic selections. 4 of us stuffed ourselves for brunch and it was under $20. So add that to the list of good/cheap eats in NYC.

We had a great time and loved the show- we got our tickets with the Disney Visa discount and were shocked to discover that our seats were in the front row! What a great time we had- Just wanted to thank everyone for their input!

These aren't in the area you're talking about but if you can... go to Brooklyn and get pizza from L&Bs.... AMAZING! It's the best I've ever had, and I'm not a big pizza fan. I crave it though.

Also, Serendipity3. Their frozen hot chocolate is awesome! I've heard the food is great too, but I've never eaten the food there. A lot of celebrities are spotten there....

There is a little place in Times Square, it's on the side with the MTV store... heading towards the M&M store... they have sweets and stuff, the window is loaded down with them. They are very good as well.

With as many great food choices that there are there... I like eating at the Olive Garden! Hah... how original! But, it's a great view of Times Square at night. I love NYC!

Thanks to evryone- we are back and we ate at Virgils- as it turned out, our hotel was right across the street so it worked out. They do have good prices for a sit down restaurant in NYC. We also ate casual at Pret a Manger (local chain I think)-I loved that place and it was fresh and the prices were very low- not just low for NYC. I loved it. They had incredible baked goods (croissants...) and sandwiches, salads, soup, bottled fresh smoothies (100% fruit), and coffee. Lots of vegetarian and organic selections. 4 of us stuffed ourselves for brunch and it was under $20. So add that to the list of good/cheap eats in NYC.

We had a great time and loved the show- we got our tickets with the Disney Visa discount and were shocked to discover that our seats were in the front row! What a great time we had- Just wanted to thank everyone for their input!

Oh, I didn't realize that your post was older and you're already back! lol

Thanks for the mini review. We are heading in to see it in April. And I have now added Pret a Manger to the list. They are all over the place in nyc. And I have never tried it. :thumbsup2

Oh, I didn't realize that your post was older and you're already back! lol

That's ok- last time we went to NY overnight we stayed in Brooklyn and loved all the great dining choices! That was the best part about staying in Brooklyn- tons of fabulous family restaurants- any ethicity you can imagine- delicious and reasonable with a very fun, neighborhood feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter