Martha's Vineyard Lounge - Beach Club

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by dizneykid, Mar 4, 2004.

1. dizneykid

dizneykid <font color=FF00CC>The Tag Fairy offers you pixie

Has anyone been to the Martha's Vineyard Lounge at the Beach Club? We were thinking of going and was wondering if it is nice? Also, does anyone know how late it is opened? :D

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

It was rarely open. On the night or two it was open, it closed very early--I'm thinking around 10:00 p.m. Then again, who could blame the bartender--there were only two or three of us in there.

It's really lovely and I enjoyed the setting, but the hours confounded me.

At BC, the small bar off the lobby was where they tried to funnel you in lieu of Martha's. I preferred strolling over to the Crew's Cup instead--much roomier and a nice atmosphere, too.

4. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

I guess the hours depend on what time of year you visit. Last June the lobby bar was only open for breakfast, while Martha's Vineyard opened at 5 pm and stayed open till about midnight. It never got very crowded; the Crew's Cup Lounge at the YC got more business because of Steakhouse traffic. I suspect MY's location (next to Ariel's, the clsoed restaurant) means most strollers will overlook it.

However, they have an excellent wine selection, the bartenders are friendly, and it's quite cozy.

5. madalex

madalex DIS Veteran

We always stay at the YC and, since I am a big wine drinker, I have always wanted to visit Martha's Vineyard, but never get around to doing so. Would love to see what the wine selection is like.

That being said, here is another vote for Crew's Cup - wide selection of beers, nice theming and great atmosphere. One of my favorite spots at WDW.

6. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

We enjoy Martha's Vineyard more than the Crew's Cup--it just seems more roomy somehow, and is never crowded. They have an OK wine selection, not as good as the bar at the CG though.

I usually just get chanpagne though, one fo teh few places you can get it by the glass.

Anne

7. 2infinityandbeyond

2infinityandbeyond DIS Veteran

Does the Crew's Cup serve other than the typical mass produced beers (Bud, Miller, Coors, Molson, Heineken, etc.)?

8. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

This location has an extensive selection of beers--many, many imports and some microbrews, too. It's kind of fun to try some different beers with strange names. We've been lucky in our selections and enjoyed them. The bartenders there were also quite helpful.

I agree with ducklite--Martha's is more "open" and larger. When I said Crew's Cup was roomier, I meant compared to the lobby bar at BC.

BTW, we were at BC in June although it wasn't last year. We do manage to amble through YC/BC, but not usually during the dinner hours.

9. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

2infinity:
    While Crew's Cup has a good selection by WDW standards, don't expect too-too much. Many of their 30 (approximately) selections are those "usual suspects" (into which I also include Sam Adams, Corona, Bass, etc.). IF you are looking for a Marzen, Heffweizen, Dopplebock, IPA, etc you most likely won't find it.

And no drafts either.

Been awhile since I've been there, but recall seeing Dixie Blackened Vodoo, Newcastle and Sam Smith Ale, Red Stripe, among others.

10. SCDizneyDawn

SCDizneyDawn DIS Veteran

Our group of five enjoyed this lounge in December. We split 3 appitizers, all of which were very large and wonderful. I had a wine flight that I enjoyed and I do not remember what the others had to drink! I will return again!