Marriott Royal Palms in Lake Buena

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by tstern, Nov 3, 2011.

1. tstern

tstern Earning My Ears

Oct 30, 2011
    Good day!
    We are taking our daugher ( 5 yr old) to WDW for the first time. We are staying at the Marriott Royal Palms in Lake Buena Vista. Has anyone stayed there and what is the best transporation to from WDW ?
  2. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

Aug 14, 2006
    if you are not staying onsite at wdw, it's best to have your own car.

i don't believe the hotel or timeshares at the marriott world center offer shuttle service to the parks at this time. the location is excellent, though.
  3. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    I'd suggest a rental car as the best transportation option from the Marriott World Center property (hotel/convention center and the three timeshare resorts) - I believe that they have a Hertz rental desk at the hotel. Otherwise I guess you'd have to take a taxi or use the shuttle bus from the hotel (there's a fee and I believe a somewhat limited schedule and I wouldn't be surprised if the shuttle were shared with other hotels).

We've not stayed at Royal Palms but have been at the Sabal Palms sister resort. I wouldn't stay there without a rental car, particularly because those properties are fairly isolated from restaurants and shops that are in the general area.

Dick Taylor
  4. jeff968

jeff968 DIS Veteran

Oct 25, 2000
    Royal Palms does not have its own pool. If you want pool access (without going up to the World by shuttle) you should request a unit towards the center of the resort. There is a shared pool (with Imperial palms) there. IP also has its own pool.