Marriott Hotel in WDW

If you're savvy you can avoid some parking fees too.

Sorry, I have never had a bad experience at the world center, but i admit, it has been a good 4 years since we last stayed there.

Agree, no matter where i stay off site, I dont pay to park. to many options to those in the know.

Gaylord Palms is now operated by Marriott. That would be my first choice. Courtyard by Marriott in DTD if you plan on relying on shuttle bus transportation to the parks.

You could use taxis to supplement GPs shuttle.

The nearest Courtyard is actually in Lake Buena Vista (co-located with Fairfield and Spring Hill Suites). It is across I-4 from DTD.

That would be my choice (Lake Buena Vista) or the Marriott Orlando World Center. There is also a Residence Inn just up I-4 a few miles north of DTD.

The nearest Courtyard is actually in Lake Buena Vista (co-located with Fairfield and Spring Hill Suites). It is across I-4 from DTD.

That would be my choice (Lake Buena Vista) or the Marriott Orlando World Center. There is also a Residence Inn just up I-4 a few miles north of DTD.

The Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista is accessed at the same freeway exit as Marriott Village (exit 68). Just drive one traffic light down on the other side of the freeway to turn into Palm.

Not sure when you are planning to travel, but the World Center Marriott is doing a major renovation of the main pool.

Some parts are finished and the pool is open, but they are adding new slides and a new splash area for little kids and those won't be finished until June.

I just booked the JW Marriott for Memorial Day weekend, it's farther from WDW but the lazy river pool is great. We have had positive experiences at both World Center and JW, but I'm not interested in staying during the reno.

Is JW doing renovations? We are staying there in July so curious.

No, the Marriott World Center is renovating.

My JW Marriott tip of the day-- if you bring your own floats for the lazy river (from the dollar store or any CVS/Walgreens store) they will inflate them for you at the pool. Saves you some $$ over buying or renting them there.;)

A couple of years back we were in a similar situation. After speaking with a number of friends, we decided to go with an offsite Marriott property(about a 20 mins drive). It was cheaper and covered our rental car bill. After a couple of days at the parks, we decided to take a day off and relax at the beach, which I think made the rest of the days even more fun.

Btw, remember to check out the property pages on the Marriott website. They usually have special offers that will help you save a little more. Also, you probably already know this, but your reward points can expire if you don't complete a paid-stay over a period of 2 years. If you don't travel that frequently, you can do a part-cash & part-points stay.

Enjoy your vacation.

Is JW doing renovations? We are staying there in July so curious.

The JW is not scheduled for a refurb to my knowledge. They actually just updated their rooms within the last couple of years, and the Ritz next door is just wrapping up a major room refurb project.

It's a great resort, you will be happy with it.

Bumping this because now it looks like we will be going at the end of July.

Just to reiterate what the deal is:
1) LOTS of Marriott point so amount of points doesn't matter
2) Platinum member
3) would LIKE breakfast (either included or included for gold/plat), but will deal with kitchenette if not
4) Probably will be driving so no parking fees, unless someone can recommend a hotel where no need to have a car or its "worth" the parking fees
5) Will be myself my wife and my DD who is 3 (in case those details matter)

THANKS!

I said it before, but we really liked Mariott Imperial Palms. It's a vacation club resort, three bedroom, but they also have one and two bedrooms. (maybe Sable Palms???)

Breakfast is not included, but we had a full kitchen and made a quick trip to a nearby store for supplies for the week. Very close and easy to get to the parks. We loved having the kitchen and laundry in our unit. I know that's not quite what you asked for, but if you go that route, I can recommend this property.

Hi, my family of 7 is planning to stay at the Imperial mid May for our trip. I read the property was recently renovated. Can you share your experience with the property (activities for kids, pools, updated rooms)?

Unfortunately Imperial Palms requires more than points to stay (upgrade certs which i dont have) any other suggestions?

Residence Inn at Seaworld. Some units have separate bedrooms and they have a great pool area and a large hot buffet breakfast included.

anyone have thoughts?

We stayed at the Residence Inn on Marbella Palm Parkway in Lake Buena Vista. We stayed in a family suite. It was nice, had a separate bedroom, and a kids area off the living room with twin beds, a TV and had a cute sealife theme. They have a GREAT hot breakfast buffet that includes Mickey waffles! It's free! The pool is nothing to write home about, basic. It's about 5 minutes to DTD. We are platinum members and stayed free on points. No complaints!

We stayed at the Residence Inn on Marbella Palm Parkway in Lake Buena Vista. We stayed in a family suite. It was nice, had a separate bedroom, and a kids area off the living room with twin beds, a TV and had a cute sealife theme. They have a GREAT hot breakfast buffet that includes Mickey waffles! It's free! The pool is nothing to write home about, basic. It's about 5 minutes to DTD. We are platinum members and stayed free on points. No complaints!

I think we are going to stay here in November. Do you happen to know how early the breakfast buffet is available? We will want to make rope drop on a couple of days and wonder if we will be able to eat before we go.....thanks!

I think we are going to stay here in November. Do you happen to know how early the breakfast buffet is available? We will want to make rope drop on a couple of days and wonder if we will be able to eat before we go.....thanks!

Great question I want to know as well

When using Marriott points to pay for a room, do they charge me tax on top and parking fees?? Or is the room completely covered with the points?

When using Marriott points to pay for a room, do they charge me tax on top and parking fees?? Or is the room completely covered with the points?

There is no tax on the room rate since it is not paid with cash or equivalent currency.

The parking, and resort fees if there are any, are not included unless they're covered by your status (eg Platinum can usually argue for no parking fee and always gets free wifi and breakfast).

If you have status, and don't need a multiple-bedroom suite, the World Center Marriott is the only one that has an executive lounge (JW is considered a resort and so doesn't have a weekend lounge/free breakfast like a regular marriott).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter