Marriott Cypress Harbor - need help!!!

Well, we just wrapped up our forth visit to Marriott’s Cypress Harbor and we couldn’t have been happier. We’ve stayed at many of the Orlando Timeshares and we like CH the best. Everything was up to the high standards we expect and there were a few nice improvements. Last year the clubhouse pool was being redone when we visited. This year we were able to enjoy the results and they were great. The Pool area has new stonework and all the decks were redone in the new trex material. Marriott always goes the extra mile with the details and just redoing the deck was an example. They installed a beautiful compass rose made out of different colored trex right in a large area of the deck. Very impressive. They had put up a lot of colored shade fabric pieces that look both artistic and provide shade. An artist had come in and added paintings of colorful frogs and waterscapes. Again, they just add up to a top notch environment. Other improvements included redoing the game room with all new arcade games and adding new pedal boats. My 8YO and I rented a duck. They built a new, larger tamiya remote control car track which my 15YO son enjoyed. They have completely redone the activity schedule and added many new activities for both adults and children. There were Wii competitions, Guitar hero 3, and rock band. My 15YO son had a great time with the other teenagers doing these and made friends with all the staff. My 8YO daughter enjoyed many activities included a pancake baking and many crafts. My wife and I tried out a yoga activity on Wednesday morning which was very interesting. We were in Orlando for 8 full days and spent 6 of them at the resort. The staff was great and very friendly. We had a remodeled room as we before. It was clean and everything was new with the exception of the spa tub and the bathroom countertop. My son brought his PS3 with him and thanks to the free in room high speed internet was able to get to the web to do his homework and even play a few online games with his buddies back home in CT. Again, we love this resort because it is just the right size, beautiful, great location, and has something for everyone. We look forward to our next visit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks jeff968 for the great review, I can visualize the resort in my mind and I can't wait to see it for myself. I'm very interested in the activites for little ones, I think my 6yo would love the pancake baking and my nephews 9 and 11 would love the Guitar Hero. We've been trying to decide what off-site activites to do in Orlando but given the assortment of available options at the resort, we may just stay on-site for all 5 days!! Thanks again everyone for the great info.

Thanks jeff968 for the great review, I can visualize the resort in my mind and I can't wait to see it for myself. I'm very interested in the activites for little ones, I think my 6yo would love the pancake baking and my nephews 9 and 11 would love the Guitar Hero. We've been trying to decide what off-site activites to do in Orlando but given the assortment of available options at the resort, we may just stay on-site for all 5 days!! Thanks again everyone for the great info.

MouseFan71,

I can recall a few more for you. They have tie-dye tee shirts, my daughter made a kaleidoscope, they also had a "stuff your friend"/build a bear like activity. Some have a small cost, most are free. If your nephews like sports they have tons and those are free. Volleyball, RC cars, basketball, shuffleboard, billards. The staff was great and my kids had lots of fun with them. Don't forget the Ice Cream social everyday at 3:00. $3. They have a "kids night out" were you pay them $30 and they have all kinds of stuff going on and you can go out to dinner. There is a activity center where all this takes place. Like I said, we loved the resort so there really is no reason to leave. We only left for dinner, some shopping, and we went to epcot one day and wet n wild for one day.
Enjoy.
Jeff

Now that we're in the middle of Spring Break, I'm bumping this post to see if anyone has stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbor lately. We're leaving in 2 weeks and I'd love to hear some more reviews. Thanks.

I called the Marriott Cypress Harbour about booking a timeshare for the $199 rate that I said I saw on the Disboards and they said that I needed to ask for the code that you used to get this special. If you could please let me know what the code is I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Does anyone have any feedback on this resort? We are booked for a 2 bdrm villa with timeshare presentation in April. We received 4nights/5days for $199, it was too good to pass up. I tried getting into Horizons but found this to be an impossible task. I am 36, DH35, DD6,DD4 and DS3, I really thought Horizons wouldv'e been great especially if we thought about buying (but we're not) but they only had CH open. Has anyone stayed here before? Do you think little kids would like it? Is it nice or outdated? Is the presentation very high pressure? Thanks!!

I called the Marriott Cypress Harbour about booking a timeshare for the $199 rate that I said I saw on the Disboards and they said that I needed to ask for the code that you used to get this special. If you could please let me know what the code is I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I did not have a code - I actually found the name of a man online who I believe is an owner, he told me to register at MarriottFriends.com or call 800-306-1662 to receive offers. Give this number a try, it's different than the first one I posted. I also memtioned the deal to my sister and she had no problems booking it as well. Good luck!!

We just got back yesterday from our great stay at Cypress Harbor. As I mentioned in my OP we did a timeshare presentation deal, we stayed at CH but toured Marriott Horizons and loved it. It's a super resort for anyone with young children, they have three pools all done in a pirate theme with a spray park and waterslide - they are also building a movie theater on site and additional villas. We purchased an every other year deal and couldn't be happier with our choice to do so. We really liked CH but Horizons will be great for our little ones.

It's great you had a good time. We'll be at Horizons next February for their intro week. My kids are 18, 16, and 8. My 8 year old thought Horizons was great (when we did teh tour) so we figured we would do one last "kiddie" vacation before she gets too old for that stuff and we'll have to wait for grandchildren. My son is not happy about it, he loves Cypress Harbor. He be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter