Marriott Courtyard LBV

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by MrsSilvaStrat, Feb 24, 2008.

1. MrsSilvaStrat

MrsSilvaStrat DIS Veteran

I found a great deal at the Marriott Courtyard LBV. Is this a good area to stay in? DH and I are renting a car and they also offer shuttles to WDW parks. It's half the price of a WDW resort. What do you guys think? Can we still go and visit the WDW resorts and do activities that leave from there, ie. carriage rides??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jcriket

jcriket DIS Veteran

I think we stayed there once, when I couldn't get a room on property. If it is, it's close to DTD. It was very clean, and nice. The hotel is considered a Disney Good Neighbor, I'm not sure what that means, I guess it's Disney approved. I would stay there again. It was a place to sleep, we didn't hang around much. Yes you can visit other resorts on property, and if your paying for a carriage ride or something Disney is always glad to have or money. You can't use the pools though.

4. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Parking will cost you $11.00 per day at the major parks, but that includes in and out privledges as long as you keep the dated receipt. Very often the non-Disney hotel buses are only a few times per day and so you are generally better off with your car.

5. vicceja

vicceja Mom to My Three Sons!

Hi, my husband works for the Marriott and we can get great deals, but we've always decided to stay on property at the BC. I considered using the Marriott but when I looked into it, although they do have busses to WDW they don't run all day long like the Disney buses and I just didn't want to risk it especially with tired kids wanting to get back to their room. I'd rather spend the extra cash and know that I can walk back to our resort and have all the extras that Disney offers with staying on property. Good Luck!

6. kimmy kay

kimmy kay Mouseketeer

We,ve stayed down the road a bit at the comfort inn. Centrally located to everything. There are restaurants and shops everywhere. About a 5 minute ride to Sea World and about 10 to Disney Parks maybe 15.

7. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

I'm moving these questions about your resort to the Orlando Area Resorts board.. it's a better fit there than here on themeparks.

Thanks!

Knox

8. Mrs Dazzle

Mrs Dazzle <font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto

If this is the Marriott Courtyard at Palm Parkway, LBV, we stayed there last October.

It's a nice enough place, in our fave offsite location. We had a one bedroomed suite which my DD (14) really appreciated! It was quite a small room, but we had stayed three nights before there in the Marriott Residence Inn nr SeaWorld which was fabulous with a large two king bedded room with fully fitted kitchen.

The CBM was a well looked after hotel, with a couple of pools (our room was near the smaller one which was nice and quiet).

We ate breakfast in the restaurant one day and again, it was quite nice, a hot buffet.

Would have no hesitation staying there again, especially if we got a good price again. We paid around £45 ($22.50) per night - excellent value for us.

9. luke

luke Señor Mejor

sorry to pick you up, but £45 is $90, not $22.50. Some of our wedding party are staying here in october, looks pretty nice

10. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I have stayed here and it's a nice hotel.

I have had both the suite and the basic room and both were nice. The suite does have a kitchen which would be good with a family.

IMHO if I can't get a deal on a Disney Mod or Value I stay off site. Disney
    "Deluxe" is overpriced for what it delivers. This is one of my first "off site" choices.

I have not taken the bus as I rent a car and I have an AP so I don't have to pay to park.

11. Mrs Dazzle

Mrs Dazzle <font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto

:flower3: Oops. you're right, I did it the wrong way round. From over this side of the pond, £45 was an 'ok' price, but I know you can get it a lot cheaper. We've just quoted for August around $58 (dollars!) per night which is perfectly acceptable:goodvibes