Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

I use Google flights some too. Then book through the actual website. Last time I found a great flight on Google flights, it connected me to United (flight was with them) but kept getting an error message. I called United, they said it was because one of the flights was Air Canada, and the flight price went up. Fine, but then adjust your flight pricing and don't keep advertising for that rate! I called twice and I had decided I was not going to book with them. In the end, I found the flight at the great rate again ($488 pp out of Charlottetown, two connections, but for that price out of home, I was willing to deal with it!) and booked it through Expedia. Expedia had no issues booking that rate. No problems with the flights, except a few little delays and NO time to even pee in the airports during the connections on the way down, service was fine. Next time, I'll pay a little more, but fly out earlier again. I prefer landing earlier in Orlando.

Playing around with dates in April/May. Looking to use Westjet...my kingdom for a YHZ-MCO direct flight! They used to exist.

Our goal is always the roughly 1PM landing at MCO....has us checked in and rolling into Wolfgang Puck Express at DD just in time for an early supper :)

I love getting there earlier best! There used to be a great AC connection through Montreal and we'd land around 11:30 am. I loved that!

Playing around with dates in April/May. Looking to use Westjet...my kingdom for a YHZ-MCO direct flight! They used to exist.

I can see Sunday nights from YHZ and Sunday mornings to return. I just played with April 16-24. I'm not sure when they stop flying direct though.

I love getting there earlier best! There used to be a great AC connection through Montreal and we'd land around 11:30 am. I loved that!

I can see Sunday nights from YHZ and Sunday mornings to return. I just played with April 16-24. I'm not sure when they stop flying direct though.

Thanks! Searching now.

Im seeing Sun, Thu & Fri flights direct from Halifax (from 17th April onwards) all around the $550-$600 mark

Here's what I usually do. I always use google flights as my search engine. I load my Halifax to Orlando info in with my approximate dates, plus the number of travelers. I then click on my staring date to set the + or - days feature to 3. Then I hunt for the cheapest combination. I do in some cases load extra destinations into google (ie add Miami, Tampa Bay etc) to see if there is a freak fare, but rarely does this create anything. I always book my fare before I book any other aspect of my trip. The airfare is the foundation of my trip. I have the $99 companion fare, but since Westjet is usually more expensive from YHZ, it doesn't make sense to use it for this (since 4 of use travel). I do use the companion fare when I travel in Canada with just my wife (so far, Vancouver, Yellowknife)

In case anyone is looking - check out that two day Westjet sale that ends today. Halifax isn't listed as one of the feature cities but I priced YHZ-MCO Jan 19-26 for $409 PP. That's with the return flight being direct at $178.74! Best I could find with a little searching. Didn't get into checking Feb/March.

I bit the bullet for our November trip and it was all over the place for pricing.
I finally found a 25k aeroplan flight for our dates (5th-13th), ~$130 in fees (YHZ-MCO via YYZ and back via YUL), then I went to book additional cash flights and they were all around $950 return.
Yikes. Luckily we had enough Avion/TD travel points for the rest of the tickets.

Booked a January flight for the marathon weekend via Airmiles. Direct to boot, so that was nice to actually find a decent Airmiles flight.

Now we need tickets for March break, and I think the $99 companion fares are going to come in handy. I'd hate to be paying outright for all these flights.

MikeyNS, that's similar to what we did ... 4 people - tickets on Mileage plus 50,000 points plus taxes, then coming back I booked through Amex using money from my points
•March 7 Cost Flights to MCO $200 USD = $260 cdn
•March 16 Cost Flights to YHZ 1150-450= $700 cdn

The prices out of Halifax for Feb (university spring break 13-20th) are scaring the crap out of me! Prices are coming out to almost as much as the rest of the vacation! And I take it Sunwing and Airtransat don't fly in Feb?

Booked our return flight from Halifax for mid-Nov trip last month, $1175 for two adults. Popped back on to WestJet this Sunday evening hoping to recoup a few dollars; same flights, dates and times for $810. Bloody well know I submitted a "Price Drop Guarantee" request for the difference right away! :)

There are deals to be had, and I've always found WestJet's best prices for YHZ are randomly scattered; rarely are the best prices found with a seat sale or promo code...or so has been my experience.

I found fares this year to be crazy. That being said, I see a few $360+ CDN return fares for October and November. Only down side is that some have 2 stops. But $360 is $360!

Applemomma, also the days of flying cheap out of Maine or New Hampshire are drying up. Even a fare of $300 USD is almost $400 cdn.

HI All-- Glad to see this thread! I typically use https://skiplagged.com to search the dates I require. I check FLL and MCO, as the silver or spirit connection FLL can usually be picked up for 99.00 or better.

For Christmas we picked up a MCO direct YHZ return on for 206.00 CAD taxes in pp on AC. Going down-- we weren't so lucky-- Did market fare points on AEROPLAN.

Also traveling end of March beginning of Sept--- snagged the direct to FLL--- cruise, then silver to MCO then via toronto back-- mostly points for that one as the itinerary was crazy expensive.

I see through United a few cheap flights ... as an example YHZ to MCO November 17th to December 1, $356.51 CAD

Just a heads up for anyone who wants a cheap fare from YHZ to MCO .... I see a few options late November/Early december.

Example: 4 people - Delta
TUE06DEC
YHZ05:30 AM to MCO1:27 PM

TUE20DEC
MCO12:05 PM to YHZ7:15 PM

Total (4 passengers)
C$ 1,303 CAD

A few other combos available ... you could save $20 or so more, by booking tickets as one ways ...

Link:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#search;f=YHZ;t=MCO,SFB;d=2016-12-06;r=2016-12-20;px=4;mc=d

Just a heads up for anyone who wants a cheap fare from YHZ to MCO .... I see a few options late November/Early december.

Example: 4 people - Delta
TUE06DEC
YHZ05:30 AM to MCO1:27 PM

TUE20DEC
MCO12:05 PM to YHZ7:15 PM

Total (4 passengers)
C$ 1,303 CAD

A few other combos available ... you could save $20 or so more, by booking tickets as one ways ...

Link:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#search;f=YHZ;t=MCO,SFB;d=2016-12-06;r=2016-12-20;px=4;mc=d

I wish! The earliest I'll be doing Walt Disney World again is next August, or maybe not until 2020 or 2021. Hee hee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter