Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

I have been finding some decent prices out of Charlottetown, Halifax and Moncton around my time, but not for my dates! We're pretty tied to them now. :(

Hi

Has anyone followed prices leading up to March break before? Is there an optimal time to buy?

Just looking now (from Halifax, Moncton, ad Ch’town), prices are so insane, like $1300 to $1500 per person! At first glance, it looked not too bad at around $600, but pretty much every flight only had 1 seat available at that price…not good for a family of 5. Even Bangor (which I really don’t want to do), is over $700.

In 2016, our March break ends over Easter weekend, so thinking it will be even worse than usual. I know it is doubtful getting deals at WDW during that time, and if flights are double what I am will to pay, I am just trying to get a sense if I should just forget about it and look at other destinations…

There are delta flights that are around $400 to $420 a person right now that are as low as can be expected ... if I was going in March, I would buy at that price. Ie March 9th to the 23rd are $400 each .... Works for the 16th to 30th too ... which gets Easter

We always fly out of maine on our trips. The drive for me is worth the savings(live in fredericton) and not having to go through customs is a bonus also. I just booked 4 flights out of bangor on delta in November for $1440 canadian and thats with the terrible exchange rate.

Well, United had another great deal on their site, but when I tried to book it, I got an error message again! So annoying. That was this morning. This afternoon, I used my phone to check expedia, and I saw the same deal there. I tried to book it but I kept getting an error with my credit card expiry date. I checked it out and all was fine, tried mm/yyyy, yyyy/mm, mm/yy, yy/mm, and I even tried spelling out the month and then doing /yy and /yyyy. Didn't work. I was beyond annoyed! So then I tried when I got home, on my home computer and I was able to book flights out of Charlottetown!

Through Expedia we booked and got $977 for both of us return! That's a great price. Anything around $550 or less I am happy with, but anything under $500 I am excited with!

Dates are late Aug, in case anyone else is looking! Specifically for us, Aug 19-30. :)

Good to hear, because we're looking for about a month later and the prices are awful. This gives me hope, thanks!

WestJet YHZ-MCO via Toronto each way. Oct21-28. Depart 6:40AM arrive MCO 1:22PM going down, Depart MCO 2:15PM arrive YHZ 10:31PM on the way home. $467.86 PP all in. Saw the rate on the website and couldn't get it to process. Called Westjet and they ran it and the rate had gone up, they put me on hold and came back and honoured the rate I had online. Fantastic customer service!

Cfudge that is awesome! Better than what United did for me when I called because it wouldn't process! And I would have preferred WJ. Great deal and great CS for you!

Cfudge that is awesome! Better than what United did for me when I called because it wouldn't process! And I would have preferred WJ. Great deal and great CS for you!
Absolutely! I Direct Messaged WJ on twitter and gave them the confirmation code, asked them to buy the rep a coffee for me ;) They tracked her down and said her great CS would be recognized.

Don't forget that the 4th NS DIS Meet for Give Kids The World is coming up August 16th. Pete, Dustin, Kathy and Teresa from the DIS, along with Kaylee Rodiguez, Development Manager from Give Kids will be joining us this year. Come sit and talk Disney to your hearts content without feeling like a freak!!!! With so many DISers visiting, we have a whole weekend of fun planned so look us up at www.nsdismeet.weebly.com and join the fun.

Newbie Alert !!!!!

Been lurking on the boards for the past few weeks as we looked to pull the trigger on a family trip out of Moncton in Jan/Feb 2016

Today Westjet announced weekly direct flight from Charlottetown to MCO
Initial offerings were only flex fares at $1350 rtn but tonights sale brought Econo fares of $440

Delighted with family of 4 to MCO direct from 10mins along the road for $1600

Promise I will introduce myself once I scrape myself off the ceiling :)

TLDR - Westjet sale out of Charlottetown

As someone From PEI and have a Westjet credit card....I so excited the friday direct flights to orlando. The time and hassle it'd save will be so nice!

We are flying to California in Oct from SJ and it was about $600 roundtrip. with the flights and the dollar it doesn't seem worth it to fly from Maine now.

I do have a question. I have only flown from Canada a few times and every time on the way to my destination have had an overnight stay in Toronto as it was a work trip. Some friends are flying to Disney in Sept as well so I am trying to get the answer for them and myself.
How does it work with the connection flight in Montreal? Do we need to grab an recheck our baggage on the way to the destination? I only have a 50 min layover so I am a bit concerned about what the process will be there. Does anyone have experience with this?

My friend has a stopover in Montreal and then Chicago then flies to Orlando as well. So I am guessing he may have to recheck his baggage in Chicago? Sorry I am just a little confused by the process lol! I know coming home in Montreal we will need to recheck luggage there because I have this experience for the flights home. Just not the opposite direction.

Montreal has a pre-clearance area for US customs. You no longer need to get your bags in Montreal. If I remember correctly, they will show you a picture of your bag. Neither of you will have to get your bags in Montreal or Chicago because they will be checked through to your final US destination.

Hi there, it's time to revive the thread, anyone have thoughts on leaving November 1st from Halifax? I have to be down for a week and my dates aren't flexible, but fares seem high for what you get and its usually 2 stops for the lower fares. My go to airlines are Air Canada (just because I'm elite status there with work), and United. US Air/AA seem really high and Westjet too. Even Tampa would be alright. Maybe send suggestions and I can check them out this week.

Also should have added, I need flights from Halifax to Anaheim for Dec 6 for one week as well. Preferably into John Wayne, SNA, but LAX would do either way.

Thought this might be a helpful idea for fellow Maritimers - What's your flight search plan?

When I'm on the hunt I usually compare Air Canada and Westjet's websites against Kayak and Expedia. If I spot anything suggesting Delta/United on Kayak then I'll jump to their home sites to compare. I also then usually scan Southwest for Portland/Manchester/Boston to MCO. Seems like Manchester is usually the best price. Just got a WestJet World Elite card for the $99 annual companion fare so that may drag us towards Westjet.

And then I get tired, search the driving route once again and remind myself that I have a 3 year old and we are not driving from Halifax to Orlando yet. Not if we want to stay sane :)

What's your search plan?

Also - this regularly happens on Sunday mornings with a coffee. I find it relaxing somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter