Mardi Gras lines

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by bayougirl198, Jan 30, 2013.

1. bayougirl198

bayougirl198 Earning My Ears

Hey... We are coming next week through the 16th. First time for Mardi Gras but have been for all other holidays. How are the lines and festivities during this time ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. happycamper47

happycamper47 Earning My Ears

There isn't anything except a very small parade at Port Orleans put on by cast members, 10 minutes at best.

4. bayougirl198

bayougirl198 Earning My Ears

What about the lines at the parks?

5. Docmom

Docmom Mouseketeer

We went in 2011 during Mardi Gras week for a conference (stayed at the Contemporary). Lines were a bit more than normal for that time of the year but not horrible. Grew up in Baton Rouge but forgot we got Mardi Gras week off!!! Had to ask what was going on when I saw all the purple and gold!:laughing:

6. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

I'm surprised! I would love to celebrate Mardi Gras at Disney in the grand scale of New Orleans!

7. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

Mardi Gras is *mostly* south LA. Growing up there it was really just NO, then was branching out to some of the other southern LA towns, then into MS, maybe a little of so. AL. Other than that most people hardly know what, where, or when it is. It's actually a big Catholic celebration, So, no surprises that it wouldn't be much at Disney, or anywhere else. :)

8. happycamper47

happycamper47 Earning My Ears

Contrary to popular belief "Madi Gras" actually started in Mobile, AL. long before New Orleans. The Madi Gras museum is there with all the history and the parades go for at least 2 weeks before Ash Wednesday