marcia's journal (comments welcome!)

denise, lisa, toystory (sorry, i don't remember you name!), and beth, thank you all for being so supportive of me! you guys are great :)

and i'm here to report a completely successful day! stuck to my points, no eating after 9, and i will be in bed by 10! i am planning on waking up at 6:30am tomorrow (an hour and 15 minutes early) so that i can get to the gym, run and shower before work. then i'll eat breakfast at my desk. this is the first time i'm going to be waking up so early to run, so this should be interesting :). i just hope that i've planned out the timing right. i'm just afraid i'll either be really early to work, or late! i guess since the gym is in the same building, if i see i'm running late, i can cut my run short, and if i have extra time, i'll make sure to get my crunches in ::yes::

ok so today. food went great. workout went great. ran 4.5 miles, walked 15 minutes, did crunches, then did some weight machines that worked my chest and shoulders. i was at the gym for a while :p . then i got home and my best friend called and said "let's go to the diner", i told her she'd have to wait for me to eat, because my food was already cooking, and i had to shower. she said this was fine because another friend of ours wasn't going to be there for about an hour, so i had time. well, we ended up getting to the diner, and i ordered a salad with no dressing (needed some more veggies today anyway). and it was at 8pm, so i was still sticking to my "no eating after 9" rule :)

so here's the details of my day:

b: fiber muffin w/1 tsp marg + hot cocoa w/water = 1.5
s: vanilla frosted dunkin donut = 5
l: chicken w/broccoli and garlic and brown rice = 6
s: pria bar = 2
s: hot cocoa made w/1 cup skim milk = 2
d: 5 oz sole + 1/2 cup brown rice + 1 cup broccoli = 5.5
s: salad of cucumbers, carrots, peppers, and lettuce = 0

total: 22 (target - 20, aps - 2)

beautiful. and aps leftover (didn't want to eat them all to "make up" for yesterday).

so tomorrow i've got planned out. pria bar before run. hot cocoa w/milk after run. muffin and banana breakfast. yogurt + all bran snack. pbj on wheat toast + oatmeal lunch. wheat pitas w/hummus and veggies dinner. a few points of aps to work with after all that, i'll see if i'm hungry. i'll be rushing around all day, mostly after work with the wake, so i may not even have time to think about eating anything else. not gonna worry about it, we'll see how i'm feeling tomorrow.

ok, i have 20 minutes to get into bed. i'll check in with everyone's journals in the morning after i run and eat :tongue: . nitey nite :angel:

Great job yesterday, Marcia! ::yes:: Keep it up. I'm glad you've already planned out today--that can really help. I hope your run went well this morning and that you timed it out correctly. I'll check in on you later--cya. :sunny:

Hi Marcia! Glad you're back in the groove! Those little slips can be traumatic! :rolleyes: Can I make an observation about your menu on the day you were "grazing" late into the evening? You seemed to be eating a lot of carbs that day, without eating much protein. When I eat that way, I get ravenously hungry within an hour or two of eating the carbs without any proteins with them. I don't know if that's the case with you, but I thought I'd mention it just in case..... I don't know what low point snacks you can have that have protein - maybe low-fat cheese, peanuts??

Take good care of you, Marcia!! :sunny:

Hey Marcia!
Thanks for popping in and checking up on me. It is a good feeling knowing someone's "got my back." Your encouragement helps me keep going. I'm not sure SB is for me, but hey, I sould have that figured out in a few weeks. I think I really am looking for a quick fix, and somehow, I know deep down that that will not serve me well in the long run. I may just have to go to Europe looking plump. I just don't want to come back any worse off. DH says not to worry. We have scheduled so many tours, that we won't have time to fill our faces. We'll see about that! :teeth:

Your journal is so inspiring! Usually, I read it and rush off to get some exercise in, which is what I'm going to do right now! What I wouldn't do to see 130 anything! OH yeah! I am sticking to a diet I don't really like!:teeth:

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

hey satine, denise, doe, and tracy! :wave:

denise - my run went wonderfully, thanks :). and i did end up timing it almost perfect! could've used another 10 minutes to get in crunches, but that's not a big deal. i'll do them later.

doe - that's a really good observation...i dind't even notice i had eaten so many carbs. i usually just figure points, make sure i'm getting my milk and veggies, and let everything else fall into place on its own. i should make a more concerted effort to make sure i'm getting enough protein ::yes:: . maybe i'll take some time this weekend to go back and look over my menus and see how i've been doing overall in that department and see if i should be more aware of it.

tracy - i'm so glad to be of support to you! i really enjoy seeing that others are doing so well! just keep doing what you're doing, there really is no such thing as a quick fix. you just have to stay dedicated and you will see results in time. europe sounds wonderful! i've never been. i know i should do that at some point before i get too tied down. and i'm so glad that my journal has inspired you to get your exercise in! keep it up :)

ok, on to today for me. my run (as i said above) went wonderfully. waking up at 6:30 wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. i guess being in bed at 10 really helped :). i like the idea of getting my run in to start my day, but with longer runs, it would be a bit tougher. like tomorrow is 4.5 miles...that would mean getting up at 6 to be sure i have enough time. hmm. i'll have to think about it.

food has gone as planned. i'm about to go grab my yogurt + all bran snack. i really need to get off the boards! the president is in a meeting in teh conference room behind me, and i think he's keeping an eye on what i'm doing! so i guess i'll be spending time with my book today instead of the boards :p . i'll check in again later with a report of the day.

Way to go Marcia! Exercise already in the books for the day?! Great!:sunny:

Glad to see you still kept to your goal of no eating after 9 last night. I really think it will help curb the binge eating that is so destructive for so many of us.

Hope the rest of your day is great!:teeth:

Good for you for sticking with your plan of getting up at 6:30. I'm not sure if I would have the strength to do that. I'm such a lazy bum when it comes to waking up lol. I hope the rest of your day goes well.

just a quick check in before i head out the door to the wake. here's the day:

s: pria bar = 2
b: muffin + banana + hot cocoa w/milk = 4.5
s: columbo light w/ 1/4 cup all bran = 2
l: wheat toast w/pb+j + 1/4 cup oatmeal + 1/8 skim + splenda = 7.5
d: 1 whole wheat pita + 1 tbsp hummus + peppers = 1.5
4 oz sole + 1 cup broccoli = 3
garlic knot + bites of pizza = 3

total: 23.5 (target - 20, aps - 3.5)

the fam ordered pizza, so i was good and just had bites, and enjoyed my fish :)

may eat some baby carrots in the car, jsut because i need more veggies today.

tomorrow is pretty much same as today, except i don't know about dinner yet. and i know, i know, too much of the same thing, rut, etc etc, there's just nothing else in my house right now, and there's no time to go food shopping tonight.

ok, we gotta leave now. i'll catch up with everyone else's journals in the morning! (yeah, i'm getting up at 6am so i can run 4.5 miles before work! yikes!)

Wow, getting up at 6AM by choice. With that kind of dedication, you'll be at goal in no time. I just wanted to let you know, your family has been in my thoughts and prayers today.
Beth

Thanks for checking in with me, Marcia. How was that 6AM run. I was still tucked in my bed at that time. Have a fabulous day.
:sunny:
Beth

Marcia~That's awesome! I love running first thing in the morning, but am unable to right now because I already get up at 5:30 and have to be to work by 7. That's one of the things I like so much about the summer. We don't work then so DH and I get up between 6 and 7 to go for a run. We like to do it early because then we still have the whole day left to do whatever we want! Keep up the great work! I hope the 4.5 miles this morning were just as successful as yesterday. Have a great day! ::yes::

ok, i think ij ust got through everyone's journals...if i missed yours, i am so sorry, i will go through and check to make sure. and i see everyone has been posting to mine! but i don't have time to read right now, i will reply to you later, i promise! but the mail just came in, and i have to do the sort and distribute thing. so i will be back in a little while. i'm not ignoring you guys! :crazy:

ok, i have returned! sharon, steph, satine, beth, denise, thanks for checking in with me :). i really appreciate all of your kind words and support! it really brightens my day to come to my journal and see all of your wonderful replies :hyper:

these early morning runs are surely taking a toll on me. didn't get into bed until 10:30 last night, because of the wake (thanks for the thoughts and prayers, btw beth :)). i have a feeling that i'll be about to lay my head down by 3pm. too bad i cna't schedule nap time! but at the same time, i really like running in the morning. i think that if i adjusted my sleeping schedule, it might work out for me. especially once i start running outside when it gets nicer. it also leaves open the possibility for more overtime at work. i know i'm going to be here until at least 7pm tonight...so today should be lots of fun :rolleyes:

food wise, i've already used up 11 points today. my eating schedule changes drastically depending on the time of day i run! i didn't even eat a snack (and i'm not going to) because my breakfast has kept me full. oh yeah, i had planned to eat the same thing as yesterday, but i changed my mind because i wanted peanut butter this morning. so i'm not sure about lunch/afternoon snack/dinner yet. i'm thinking about stopping at a deli and getting a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch. then maybe have my yogurt with all bran around 4 or 5 for a snack. then not sure about dinner. maybe the last of the sole that's left over? maybe.

so i've had a couple of temptations today. someone brought in bagels. do we see a pattern here of my office always having food?? drives me nuts! but they were brought in about the time i was making my breakfast, so i stuck with what i had. and i'm glad. they're mostly gone now, and i don't really want all that bread anyway. and also, someone brought in a tin of peanut butter/chocolate bark and peanut butter fudge. that is a little harder to resist, but i since i had peanut butter on my toast this morning, it's making it much easier. had i not had any peanut butter today, i have a feeling i would have taken a little piece. so nice when things work out that way :)

ok, so here's what i've eaten so far:

s: pria bar (of course) = 2
b: hot cocoa (again, of course :p) w/skim + slice wheat bread + 2 tbsp pb + med banana = 9

leaves me with 9 target and 5 aps for the rest of the day. very doable :)

alright, off to try to survive the rest of this day, when all i want to do is pass out! :faint:

Hey Marcia!

You are doing great! Good job with getting up early and running before work! Such dedication!:teeth:
Glad to see you got right back on track after your earlier bout with snacks this week!:tongue: You are right on the money with your points. And that bear is sure looking good with the numbers getting rolled over. Keep it up!:sunny:

TTFN-
Sharon

hey sharon, thanks, yeah, i'm glad to be back on track too :)

and i didn't even want an afternoon snack. i had lunch at 1:30, then didn't eat dinner till 8, and nothing in between. i don't get it. i can barely make it through the morning most days, but the afternoon when i plan a snack, i don't usually eat it. weird :confused:

here was today:

s: pria bar (of course) = 2
b: hot cocoa (again, of course ) w/skim + slice wheat bread + 2 tbsp pb + med banana = 9
l: 4 oz chicken on 2 slices whole wheat bread + 1/2 cup red and yellow peppers raw = 6
d: 4 oz sole + 1 cup steamed broccoli + 1/4 cup baby carrots = 3

total: 20 (that's target)

but i still need to get another milk because i didn't eat my yogurt, and i need another fruit/veggie. so i'm going to have a cup of warm skim milk w/vanilla extract and splenda, and also an apple. that'll add on 3 points, but that's totally acceptable, seeing as i earned 5 aps.

tomorrow i have the funeral to go to in the morning, but i've got my breakfast, morning snack (if i get to it), and lunch planned out. dinner is up in the air, but i'll have 7 points to work with, including ap. and tomorrow is a rest day from running, but i'm going to do the elliptical and get some walking in (after work for a change :p).

5 minutes till 9, and i'm eating my apple, juuuust in time to make my goal of no eating after 9 :p. the milk will probably be right before bed, help put me to sleep :)

alright, that's a wrap for me. i won't be around in the morning, but i will try to get to everyone's journals when i return in the afternoon. gnite :angel:

Marsh - EXCELLENT job last night! glad to see you've been keeping to your no eating past 9!

I really admire how you always get all your fruit/veggies and dairy in. I am definitely not as good in that area. I give it a good try, but don't always get all of it in. I definitely lag behind in the dairy area. That's something I'll need to work on.....

Well, I hope this morning went okay for you. Condolences to your family. Have a great afternoon and evening!:sunny:

TTFN-
Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter