MARCHing like Mulan - Exercise Challenge

Woo hoo! Look at all the pretty colors! :rainbow: This group rocks! :rockband:

60 minutes with running group brings me to 995/1000

If I'd have known I was so close to my goal I would have squeezed in a few extra minutes! :lmao:

Thanks GAS for volunteering to host April! :thanks:

40 minutes since my last post - a short walk, some mini-trampoline, and a little bit of fun exercise with the preschool class I subbed for

new total: 315/620

1322/1200 woohooo....i feel like i'll be in reasonable shape for my next big run. some discomfort in the hips - i think i need to be stretching better after each workout. but i made my goal for the first time in several months (i think) so that feels good. April, here I come.

GAS...thanks for taking the April hosting duties. You did a great job last time; I think we all enjoyed your pirate theme. What do you have in store for us next month?

hmack, what can I say? You do an awesome job and we love having you lead our group. :worship::worship: Hopefully the sun will come out for a while and take away your roadblock and you can get back in the exercise groove. :):daisy::flower:

I'm at 44 minutes so far today. Seems like I'm getting some mojo back.

833/1000

Thanks again to all of you for your awesome support!

Last edited:
Ran today, despite it being only 23* F outside and having a bum hip thanks to tripping yesterday!

My exercise update: 730/930.

3/27 - 40 min

Good morning, good morning, good morning...

We have some big color changes to report as a team.

Purple Power:
pollyannamom!

Mighty Mushu Approved Maroon:
pixigirl131415!

Red Hot:
glss1/2fll!

And our very first Wish Green:
2TxAgs!
Trith!

Congratulations to everyone!

"Hey, hmack, how close are we to reaching 90% as a team?"

Well, I'm glad you asked. Because as crazy as it sounds, I think that we could reach 90% (or over) as a team as long as we all work together. Believe it or not - we are only 2,922 minutes away from reaching that point and we still have 4 more days in the month. I KNOW we can do this!

A lot of folks are super close to meeting their goals. I bet we'll have a ton of green on the board by the time the month is wrapped up.

So, let's keep cheering each other on as we get closer to that finish line!!!

I'm off to book club, I hope everone has a lovely Saturday.

Congratulations to everyone!

"Hey, hmack, how close are we to reaching 90% as a team?"

Well, I'm glad you asked. Because as crazy as it sounds, I think that we could reach 90% (or over) as a team as long as we all work together. Believe it or not - we are only 2,922 minutes away from reaching that point and we still have 4 more days in the month. I KNOW we can do this!

A lot of folks are super close to meeting their goals. I bet we'll have a ton of green on the board by the time the month is wrapped up.

So, let's keep cheering each other on as we get closer to that finish line!!!

I'm off to book club, I hope everone has a lovely Saturday.

Let's go team! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Adding 95 minutes running in the wind and rain this morning for a total of 1090/1000. :goodvibes

Thanks to my race training I hit my goal early. :cool2:

If everyone adds about 135 minutes each to what we have now over the next few days we could reach the red hot 90% level as a team -- wowza! :jumping1:

Eventhough it snowed last night ( what? ) I'm feeling totally inspired!! Signed up for a 5K in April and a half in July!!:flower::yay::yay:
50 minutes on the treadmill
575/1000
Thanks so much hosting hmack!! You did a great job, I loved checking this page everyday, even on the days I didn't exercise

Working a very busy weekend, so I won't be able to make it out/log any time :( (unless going to the fridge to grab snacks counts as exercise ;)), but I just had a quick question for you guys: how do you typically log Disney trips for these challenges? I'd like to participate in April (since I had a great time doing my first one this month!) but with a week long trip I have no idea what number to aim for. Thanks for any tips, sorry if this is too offtopic.

Did 55 minutes of cardio on Thursday, had a horrendous 11+ hour workday yesterday so I made that my rest day instead of today, and did 80 minutes of yoga today which brings me to 1050/1000 :cool1:

So working out is going great, however my weight has been stable all week which is frustrating. I know it's not the end of the world because it usually drops a pound or two really fast after it does that but it is still mentally tough on me.

April thread is open for signups here!
I was going to go with an MXC Extreme Elimination Challenge theme, but figured I'd need to spilt the group up into teams, and the show is a bit naughty, so I did some digging and came up with a VERY cool and retro theme. I think you'll all like it a lot. :mickeyjum

Thanks for doing an incredible job hosting March, @hmack! And another thank you to @GrandAdmiralStrife for hosting April! (Side note: how is it April already?)

Now for some updates for me. It's been a busy weekend so far!

Friday, 3/27: 52 minutes running on the treadmill
Saturday, 3/28: 30 minutes of unintentional strength training (had to move a bunch of tables and chairs around to set up for an event) AND 48 minutes running.

New total: 965/1500

Last edited:
Oh boy, I have fallen off the wagon. Only 30 more minutes of exercise this week.
580/900 so far for me.

Sorry for your loss, hmack....two close calls for us this week. One DS in the hospital over the last weekend, just for the day. Rule out kidney stones and/or diverticulitis. That news was good so far. Second DS had a car accident the other night with no injuries to people, just cars. So, we feel very lucky today. Our friend's son, who we know since childhood has just received a cancer diagnosis. I think I let my emotions paralyze me this week.

There is a rumor we will see the sun in NY today! Feeling Blessed!

Adding 105 minutes - walking, a little biking and lots of (very, very necessary) yard work. Yesterday was like the perfect day to be outside. I think we had a high of 62 degrees and it was sunny with very little humidity. Our yard looks better - it was in really sad shape - partially due to a lemon of a lawnmower we bought:mad:. I'm sure I put in more minutes than I'm adding to my total, but I'll keep it at that.

615/900

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter