March park hours extended and not utilizing EMH question

candy0730

DIS Veteran
Hi, Kenny the Pirate's website has posted an updated calendar for March showing EMH 8am-9am at MK every morning that we are going to be visiting (3/20-3/24). I checked the Disney site and a couple other planning sites and the hours haven't changed but I assume that the info from Kenny is correct and trying to come up with a plan for our visit.

We are staying offsite for the first time so cannot use EMH. We are a rope drop family so we plan on getting there early when the park opens for the offsite visitors. Will there be long waits for the headliners at MK if we arrive at regular park opening?

If I were staying offsite I would not go to the park that had opened early to resort guests for EMH. I would go to a non EMH park that day. Yes EMH will put you Behind

It depends. Last year during Spring Break, not necessarily Easter week though, MK had regular opening at 8am everyday. So, AM EMH, which wasn't everyday, was at 7am. The parks still were not very full at 8am. They didn't announce the 8am opening time until about a week or two before. If they move up the opening to 8am and do 7am EMH, then getting there at 8am should be ok. It will be more crowded that it was at 7am, obviously, but it won't be bad. It could still even be dark when people are getting up, due to the recent time change, so that may keep the crowds down a bit more too. If the regular opening is 9am, then it will be more crowded and may be better to try to ride the busy rides with FP+ or later, during the fireworks.

If I were staying offsite I would not go to the park that had opened early to resort guests for EMH. I would go to a non EMH park that day. Yes EMH will put you Behind

The OP is saying that everyday at MK that week will have AM EMH, so they don't have a choice if they want to do MK, if this schedule is true.

The OP is saying that everyday at MK that week will have AM EMH, so they don't have a choice if they want to do MK, if this schedule is true.

Right, Kenny says everyday MK has EMH 8-9am. I really hope it isn't right because I would like to be able to have at least one day where we can get in at the same time as everyone else. I don't want to miss the exciting mad rush to SDMT! :D

Right, Kenny says everyday MK has EMH 8-9am. I really hope it isn't right because I would like to be able to have at least one day where we can get in at the same time as everyone else. I don't want to miss the exciting mad rush to SDMT! :D

That would be a bummer if you were staying offsite. I know it happens. I just haven't been at a time when it is so busy that they do this. We always stay onsite and like to do AM EMH, so it would be great for us. Just not for everyone:( Hopefully, it won't be everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter