March Check-In Thread!

ColdNeverBotheredMe

Try Everything!
So I am hereby making a March thread since I've been waiting for one for quite awhile!

My family is making our last (for the foreseeable future) trip to Disneyland this March during our spring break. Leaving on the 20th and returning on the 28th! We're especially looking forward to this trip because it marks the conclusion of our "year of Disney", as we splurged and got APs last spring. It'll be me, my parents, and my two younger siblings! :) We're staying at the Howard Johnson Hotel. It's also sort of a celebration of my 18th birthday which is the day before we leave.

Anyone else going in March??

We will be there Feb 27-March 3rd. Staying at Double Tree Suites. We are also super excited. We then head down to San Diego until March 8th. Hitting up Universal, Legoland & Sea World and some beach time. :cool1:

We will be there February 26 to March 3. So excited now that Christmas is over.

Pastalady --

Now that this March Check-in Thread has been started, I moved your post here (and out of the one asking if anyone was going to start a March thread)!:) Now all of the March travelers' dates will be in one place! :banana:

Planning an adults only trip from the 16th to the 20/21st. Although my DH is wary about leaving the kids behind, so there's a small chance it may turn into a family trip lol.
Super excited, though!

We just decided tonight that we're going during spring break!

Newbie here, I'll be browsing this site for trip ideas for weeks!

Pasta Lady---we overlap We are Feb 27 to Mar 8. Also trying to escape the Calgary winter!

By the way, March folks...

A few fun things that may or may not be going on during some of your trips include:

Mardi Gras Celebration/Bayou Bash -- More than likely, this will probably not be happening at DLR in March at all (since the real Mardi Gras ends in February), and if it does happen it would only last until the very beginning of March, at the latest, but it's something to keep an eye out for -- especially for those of you whose trips are beginning in February. If nothing else, if there is no official Bayou Bash in Disneyland this year, there could be some Mardi Gras-inspired treats and/or meals in the parks;

St. Patrick's Day Festivities -- This not an extensive array of fun, but usually involves green treats in the candy and bake shops, some green merchandise and some things in Downtown Disney; and

The Springtime Roundup and Easter Egg Hunts in Both Parks -- I am not 100% sure if the Springtime Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch will return this year (last year was the first official year for it), but I can't see why it wouldn't unless it is being refurbished or something. In 2014 it started in March and was due to close after Easter (4/20/14), but I think it actually stayed open a bit longer than that.

This year, because Easter is happening earlier in April, I wonder if the Springtime Roundup may open earlier in March. In any case, it featured all of the Disney rabbits and the Easter Bunny, Minnie and Mickey in pastel, spring-ish attire, Easter-inspired crafts, Disney character "egg art" (which was really amazing), spring decor and games, etc.

The Easter Egg hunting in both parks began on 4/10 last year and ended on 4/20. This year, because Easter is earlier in April, the hunts would either have to begin in March (to be able to run for 10 days), or have a very short run and start at the beginning of April. My guess is that the Egg Hunt would begin in March. But if, for some crazy reason, it did not begin until April or if it did not happen at all, the Springtime Roundup would most likely still be open in March.

Anyway, I have a lot of links to assorted blogs about Bayou Bash, St. Patrick's Day and the Springtime Roundup and Easter Egg hunts (blogs about treats, events, etc.) -- so if you want to learn a bit more about those possible March happenings, I will be happy to post the links for you!:banana:

:dance3:

My DGD6 and I will be there from March 27th - April 4th, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. This will be our 4th trip since becoming AP holders last May, and probably our final trip before deciding whether or not to renew. My DD27 will be joining us for 5 days, and hopefully my DS29 and his wife will also be able to join us for part of the time. I'm super excited about this trip because I've never stayed at DLH before. We've stayed at the GCH and HoJo's, but I've decided I need to check out the other Disney hotels.

Only 81 days to go! I'm so glad someone finally started a March thread!

Has it been posted when the area spring breaks are?

This 2015 Calendar of Events and School Breaks, put together by figment_jii, may be helpful -- HERE. As more events and school breaks become known, figment_jii will add them to the list.

:dance3:

WooHoo!! We will be in DW March 25-31! I am SO excited!! It's finally getting close. Less than 100 days!

Is anyone else worried about all the closures/refurbs? Seems like a lot are gonna be down during our trips.

Is anyone else worried about all the closures/refurbs? Seems like a lot are gonna be down during our trips.

Yeah, we noticed that too. Soarin' is one of our family's favorites, really bummed that it looks like it'll be down while we're there. But our philosophy is just to always look on the bright side. Even though there are a lot of good rides down, there are SO many rides and attractions that are awesome, and we always just try and focus on what we can do instead of what we can't. Doesn't mean we're not still disappointed though...

Yeah, we noticed that too. Soarin' is one of our family's favorites, really bummed that it looks like it'll be down while we're there. But our philosophy is just to always look on the bright side. Even though there are a lot of good rides down, there are SO many rides and attractions that are awesome, and we always just try and focus on what we can do instead of what we can't. Doesn't mean we're not still disappointed though...

Yes, that's definitely a good way to look at it. I'm just bummed because some of the ones that are down were ones we weren't able to ride on our last trip. Guess they will have to wait for another trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter