March Break 2012

Cdn Gal

DIS Veteran
Just booked our flights for March Break out of Syracuse. Usually I wait, but with the gas prices etc I have been seeing an increase over the past few months, even when more airlines are opening up! :sad2: So... I got the flights that I wanted but paid alot more for them than I would have liked- $474 each. :confused3 But, what do you do?? We have a set schedule b/c of work and don't have alot of choice! But, I am glad that it is done. Anybody else booked yet?

I've booked 2 adults 2 kids one way from Manchester NH to MCO on Sat March 10th for $392 total (taxes and fees in), but I'm waiting to book my return. looking for 4 tickets less than $400 in total. Will change my departure date to accommodate a lower ticket price. I think the release of SW will drop things.

I'm patiently waiting for some kind of deal for our dates (Feb 28 - Mar 8). Our 1st choice is from Moncton, but we would consider Halifax as well. Bangor and Portland are distant 3rd choices.....too many things to go wrong travelling that far in storm season....even with the price differences !!

We are booked as well! March 10 Westjet out of Toronto direct flight 550.00 return. Good price for Toronto.

Congratulations cdn gal! It's exciting once you're booked isn't it?:cool1:
I've been lurking on the Canadian board for a while checking out your flight advice and today Jetblue released their schedule for March Break and we're booked!:banana: $860 all in for 4 of us from Boston. I did think about doing Ted's trick of just booking one way but at $97 each way I grabbed them.
We usually travel to Boston to fly. The kids are great in the car and we don't find it a bad journey. We're less than an hour from the border though.
Good luck to you all.:thumbsup2

I am looking at booking our march break flights now too. I am thinking I will do directair out of niagara falls for $169 return.

Your post inspired me to look at February out of Calgary and it is $822. YIKES. :scared1: We are going in November but I am going to upgrade to AP as we have a trip planned for August 2012 so I thought it might be cool to sneak in an extra trip but not at that price.

I looked at our dates in November and it is $687 - we paid $361 each with all taxes - I am so glad that I booked back in February. Now I will have to start watching August 2012 and if I see anything under $400, I am booking right away.

I am excited we booked today too.
Not the best deal, $139 from BUF to MCO
and then $159 from MCO to BUF.
$319 roundtrip per person.

I could only fly on those days.......on afternoon flights, so I thought if it was going to be around $300 round trip, and i found the great times we needed , I would do it.

I like that if the price drops with Jetblue , we can get credit for another flight.

Something nice about being booked.
This is the most we have paid, but it isthe Friday night of our March break, coming home on the Sunday. We have always done Tuesday or Wednesday flights...we just couldn't this year.

Oh well.......

Jetblue just opened for March 2012 this past Sunday.

We booked BUF to MCO March 12 (Monday) to the following Monday - $970 for 4 people if I recall correctly.

BTW, love (or should say loved) Southwest for the prices, but am a big fan of Jetblue. TV screens, legroom, free assigned seating (no more scrambling for A boarding passes, lol) and good service. Only one bag free if that matters to people.

We are looking at March 9th - 18th from Ottawa. Holy crap! $1000 each person return (with a taxes/etc). $3350 total for three people to be exact. Not likely to happen at that price. We have typically paid ~$500 per person in the past, granted we have been more flexible in our dates. But still $1000 per person is crazy.

I also noticed that WestJet has gotten rid of their 11:30am direct flight from Ottawa to MCO and there is a 4:30pm direct flight now. Air Canada has added a 1:45pm direct flight on the Friday which is good, so we now have 2 choices for the direct flight down.

I've booked 2 adults 2 kids one way from Manchester NH to MCO on Sat March 10th for $392 total (taxes and fees in), but I'm waiting to book my return. looking for 4 tickets less than $400 in total. Will change my departure date to accommodate a lower ticket price. I think the release of SW will drop things.

Settled for 4 tickets for $522 CDN taxes and fees in (one way). Got impatient! Could have got them for less with Delta (less than $450) but we are collecting onepass miles. The tickets are on March 22nd from MCO to MHT. Now I need to look for either a disney discount or DVC rental for the 18th to the 22nd ....

Settled for 4 tickets for $522 CDN taxes and fees in (one way). Got impatient! Could have got them for less with Delta (less than $450) but we are collecting onepass miles. The tickets are on March 22nd from MCO to MHT. Now I need to look for either a disney discount or DVC rental for the 18th to the 22nd ....

Congrats! You have them. You just have to stop looking now!
Sorry...a little off topic. Just curious if there's a company or site you use for DVC rentals or whether you look on the Disboards?

I've been using disboards to find rentals since you can often get $10 to $11 a point. However, dvcrequest.com is a good company and for $13 a point may be the best choice for anyone nervous about "issues".

BTW ... I'll never stop searching for airfare .... Just can't :confused3 In fact this morning I see the flights have gone up by over $100.

I've been using disboards to find rentals since you can often get $10 to $11 a point. However, dvcrequest.com is a good company and for $13 a point may be the best choice for anyone nervous about "issues".

BTW ... I'll never stop searching for airfare .... Just can't :confused3 In fact this morning I see the flights have gone up by over $100.

:lmao: I hear ya! I so wish I could stop looking! Gotta love it when they go up though!
Thanks for info.

Hoping Southwest will open up their schedule soon! ;)

(I've got a credit with them that I'm hoping to use providing I can get away, My mom is declining in health and it is a bit of a problem trying to take some time out, but I feel I need a break!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter