March AP discounts? Watch thread

Usually AP rates are slightly better than general codes. ::yes:: Will continue if we are lucky.

MKY princess: keeping crossed in rainy Illinois

I have a question. Is a AP rate like a code rate, in that as long as you book the room before the date expires you get it for the whole time or it's only certain dates.

Q - I don't have my AP yet - but will in early January - can I book without actually having them in my hands... I will have them when I get there....

Originally posted by marypopfan
I have a question. Is a AP rate like a code rate, in that as long as you book the room before the date expires you get it for the whole time or it's only certain dates.

Only available certain dates, certain room categories....... We find out when they announce the dates and we call for "availability". Sometimes we're very happy, sometimes not! You may have to have continuing reservations also in order to get the AP rate for all your dates.

Originally posted by SueOKW
Q - I don't have my AP yet - but will in early January - can I book without actually having them in my hands... I will have them when I get there....

Book at the AP rate - don't have to "show" it until check-in (even then there are times they don't even ask to see it!).

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. Do ya'll think that the AP rates will be out soon or in a month or so?

Yup...us too. Just booked AKL March 19-27 and I just bought an AP 2 weeks ago. Got a good deal on a "BDP" code but of course would like a better one.

I'm doubting it---but who knows. I was on Mousesavers and tried to see when Easter rates came out last year and it looked to be later (but I couldn't quite remember when Easter was last year.) It looked to me like they came out in January---but I'll be checking everyday anyway!!

ANy other opinions?

I personally have never been less than 90 days (or much more) before an ap rate has been released, when we were going. So I'm hopeful that it will be soon. usually between 100 to 90 days seem to come out, as the norm for me. :crazy: :rolleyes: ;) So keeping crossed and hoping for around thanksgiving.

BTW, not positive but I thought last year easter might of been in april?

MKY princess:

Yup you're right Easter was April-we were there from the 8th -18th-right over Easter weekend.

...to swtich my ressies, and she said that AP rates aren't going to be out for AT LEAST another week:( ! Oh well....:rolleyes:

at least it sounds like they will be out. :D ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo I can wait another week while I change my mind about where to stay. :rolleyes: :crazy:

mky princess:

Hmmmmm. . . Interesting that making reservations for the room only discount code expires Dec.1 -- About the right time frame for Disney to assess their occupancy rates for Spring, and then offer an AP rate.

If not by Turkey Day, am thinking sometime in early Dec. for sure.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Originally posted by PolyHereWeCome
Hmmmmm. . . Interesting that making reservations for the room only discount code expires Dec.1 -- About the right time frame for Disney to assess their occupancy rates for Spring, and then offer an AP rate.

If not by Turkey Day, am thinking sometime in early Dec. for sure.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

...you could be RIGHT ON TARGET with that call!

Yes, last year the AP rates for Easter came out on Jan 2 (thanks for telling me when Easter was!) SO---to me it looks like it would be early to mid December this year. We'll see if all our speculations turn out to be right...Sure hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!