1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

March 9th 2013 - Join us for the Magic! Galveston spring break cruise!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by UmmGooD, Jan 26, 2012.

1. pikcdust

pikcdust Earning My Ears

We will be on 3 boys age 13 and my husband and best friend and her hubster too! Can't wait to see everyone! My fam are dvcers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatHuss

KatHuss DIS Veteran

Welcome! This board is not very active. There is a facebook group that is a little more active at https://www.facebook.com/groups/313531355406967/

As for the FE (Fish Extender) exchange, I believe the deadline for signing up was last weekend but you can contact Brent Biggs to find out for sure. His contact information is in this thread.

See you soon!

4. pikcdust

pikcdust Earning My Ears

Help ! Just found you ! I want to be a first time fe-er please I didn't know I had to sign up! I already made gifts:(

5. KatHuss

KatHuss DIS Veteran

He was looking to start another fe group for those who came after the original deadline. Did he get in touch with you?

6. Rancher Dave

Rancher Dave Earning My Ears

On formal night in October it was anything from tux to shorts all at our table.

7. KatHuss

KatHuss DIS Veteran

Get in touch with Brent Biggs at brentisbigg@yahoo.com if you haven't already.

8. Biggsfamily

Biggsfamily Earning My Ears

Hey folks, the original FE is closed but I am starting a 3rd group just for the late comers. Right now we only have 3 participant in the 3rd group. Anyone else want try FE? If so contact Me at brentisbigg@yahoo.com. Already in one of the other 2 groups and willing to spread some good will to the late comers please email and I will drop you onto this third group.

9. Rancher Dave

Less than two weeks to go.

10. Biggsfamily

Biggsfamily Earning My Ears

Ok everybody, all FE groups are closed. I will no longer be adding people to the latecomer group. I am sorry if you missed joining. Thank you to everybody for your help and patience.

11. dlhowell

dlhowell Earning My Ears

Just wondering if anyone knows yet which movies will be playing during the cruise?

I don't have any way to see discussions on the Facebook page, so if you already posted there, sorry!

Will be travelling with myself, husband, 2 sons ages 13 and 3 and 2 daughters ages 11 and 7.

Hoping that they may play Oz while we're onboard? The last time we cruised on the Magic we were able to see the premiere of Up before it was released in theaters.

Thanks!

12. bajadahl

bajadahl I am the Pirate your mom warned you about!!!

Below is a quote from one of our facebook group members. Many of us, if not all, really believe OZ will be showing on our cruise.

"I called DCL this morning and was told tgese movies would be playing: Tangled, Brave, Lincoln, Timothy Green, Frankenweenit, Avengers. And she said that though it isn't yet on the list it is likely Oz WILL be playing. She offered that on her own without me even asking."

Sorry you couldn't join the facebook group. I started that group because we had so much fun with the last cruise creating a facebook group we still chat with those folks from time to time. Our group on this cruise is two families each with 2 girls each. (11,11,9, and 8)

Regards,
    Alan

13. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Earning My Ears

Hi All,

We'll be spending spring break on the Magic instead of in Austin which will be overrun with South by Southwest visitors.

There's three of us, me and my wife plus our 14yo daughter Alison. If you have a youngster around that age who she can "meet" via email before the cruise to have a friend when she gets on board we'd be most grateful to hear from you.

It's our first time to the western Caribbean so we're feverishly trying to make decisions about shore excursions.

See you in a matter of days!

14. Rancher Dave

My daughter is almost 13 and a horns fan. She has a couple of pet Longhorns at the ranch as well. Y'all will nearly drive by them on way to Houston. Our first pet steer is Mickey.

A week to go.

15. Rancher Dave

Did all the first time adults know you can carry on our own booze. Carry on only not in checked bags.

16. TexasMouseFan

TexasMouseFan Mouseketeer

Hello all. We are late bookers to the cruise so I did not officially join this meet. But, does anyone know the cruise attire lineup? Do you know if we will have a formal and semi formal night? TIA

17. Rancher Dave

Believe two formal nights. Formal on Disney is not as formal as on other lines though.

18. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Earning My Ears

What shore excursions are others planning? We want some beach time but my 14 yo daughter is keen on horseback riding and swimming with manatees.

Speaking of teen daughters, if you have a young teen daughter mine can email before the cruise so she'll have a friend before she boards that would really be appreciated!

I'll post this to the FB page as well so my apologies if you see it twice.

19. bajadahl

bajadahl I am the Pirate your mom warned you about!!!

Here is the break out for the dinner attire each night: 1 - casual; 2 - formal; 3 - casual; 4 - pirate; 5 - semi formal; 6 - casual

And like others have stated formal is not necessarily as formal as other cruise lines.

Regards,
    Alan

20. Rancher Dave

This time tomorrow my youngster and will be relaxing. She said hang out in vibe. Glad we are close to sail away.

21. rewhitingjr

rewhitingjr Living the Disney Dream

Welcome back!

Hope your cruise was great!

I will taking the 6 night cruise May 4th. Any suggestions or comments you can share about this cruise?

Also, was there a castaway club reception for gold and platinum cruisers? If so, what day and time did it occur?

Thanks.