March 30th 3/nt Wonder-who else?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by tmccaffrey, Jan 15, 2006.

1. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

Anyone else going on the Wonder March 30th? Teenager (13) may be looking for buddy or... IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING, JOIN OUR LIST!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disnlvr+3

disnlvr+3 Earning My Ears

Myself, DH, DS10 and DD12 will be on this cruise! We can't wait. Is your 13 year old a boy or girl? :)

4. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

yes, my child is a girl going on the wonder w/ us MArch 30. Let me know your daughters interests, maybe that can meet up on the ship!

5. beckygeez

beckygeez Mouseketeer

We'll be on the 3/30 wonder too - myself, DH, DD15, DS11, DD7

Dnsylvr+3 - I realized you live in stillwater - we're about 10 miles away from you! Small world!

My DD15 is very social usually but she's already told me she doesn't want to go to to the Aloft unless she meets someone to hang out with. She plays fastpitch and volleyball year round and likes to hang out with friends - pretty normal teenager.

DS11 loves hockey, baseball and football and of course video games.

DD7 loves anything princess or disney!

6. disnlvr+3

How exciting! My kids will be glad to know they may not have to hang out only with each other on the ship!

DS is turning 10 in early March. He's not too sporty, but will play basketball and baseball. He LOVES :love: video games! Would play them all day and all night if we let him! He also loves all things Star Wars! :yoda:

DD plays basketball, softball (not fastpitch) and Volleyball. She made the St. Croix Valley Junior Olympic team this year and is having blast! :yay:

DD won't be able to go up to the Aloft as she won't be old enough, but maybe tmccaffrey's DD would be able to do that???

tmccaffrey - what things does your DD like to do? I hope that we can hook our kids up on the ship - I'm sure they can all find some things in common with each other that they'd like to do.

beckygeez - when the documents arrive - we'll have to compare flights and stuff. We are flying out on Sunday 2/26/06 and doing 4 days at the parks. Will either of you be arriving prior to sailing? :sail:

Looking forward to "chatting" more with you both - and anyone else who responds!!

7. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

Hi to all! Thanks for your responses. About my girls, DD 13 is Kelsey, she loves soccer and basektball, reading and is a little shy at first but would be thrilled to have some girls to hang out with. Emilie is 7 and loves all things princess as well. She'll be in the kids club w/ her sister quite a bit as they love their programs. We'll be spending 2 nights at the Port Orleans prior to boarding the ship. We are from the Cincinnati Northern KY area, moved here from Michigan about 9 yrs ago.

8. disnlvr+3

I saw on the other post that your name is Tracey. Nice to meet you! :wave2: My name is Karin. I think it would be great to meet up on the trip! My DD is 12, her name is Keri. She is pretty much an extrovert, so she won't have any problem meeting Kelsey! I'm sure she'll be pretty excited about it. Do you or Kelsey have an email address? Maybe they could correspond a little bit before the trip!

We've only been to Disney once before, and it was not a "magical" trip for us. My DH thinks I'm trying to make up for that on this one...who knows :confused3, maybe I am! Anyway, we could use some pixiedust: !

I'm not very intelligent when it comes to computers, so I don't know the best way to exchange personal information without doing it on the board. Maybe we could set up a time when we both can be logged on in the evening and they could chat?

Anyway - looking forward to meeting you!

9. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

disnlvr, tried to send a personal msg, the "test" one looked like it sent but the one w/ our emails said something about URLs and it wouldn't send it!?!?! Maybe you can get my email from that one? Let me know:-) thanks, Tracey

10. PatricenPete

PatricenPete DIS Veteran

We will be on the Wonder on the 30th! I can't wait. My son will only be 17 months, so I don't think that he will be joining anyone at Aloft.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

11. disnlvr+3

Tracey - I did receive your private message and tried to reply, but got the same URL message. I don't understand what that means. Sorry if you got a bunch of responses from me!! :badpc:

Patrice - you're little guy won't be able to join the older kids, but that doesn't mean we can't all meet for a beverage of some sort! :drinking1

I was excited to see my ticker today saying only 1 month 3 weeks and some days!!! I am getting so darn excited I'm bouncing :mickeyjum off the walls. I'm driving my DH crazy! :rolleyes1

12. disnlvr+3

beckygeez - when the documents arrive - we'll have to compare flights and stuff. We are flying out on Sunday 2/26/06 and doing 4 days at the parks. Will either of you be arriving prior to sailing?

Sorry about that - we are actually flying out on Sunday 3/26/06. I wish it was February!

13. beckygeez

beckygeez Mouseketeer

We are flying out 3/25/06. I'm kind of bummed because we had a flight leaving with at 7:05 am and getting there before noon, yesterday they e-mailed me an itinerary change and now we don't get there until 6pm!!! We don't leave til 2pm. I know I shouldn't let it bum me out, we're still going after all! But I hate having even 6 hours less time there! What resort are you staying at before the cruise?

14. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

I am watching your time ticker but also watching your weight loss ticker and wondering why I am still eating like crazy instead of counting calories like I should be. Its a nice reminder to see that! Does 20 minutes on the treadmill once a week count for anything??
    I know what you mean about getting excited. I can't wait. I just love cruising and Castaway Cay is my idea of heaven.
    We should all meet (anyone who is interested) during the "sail away" party at around 5:00 right across from the pool (covered up to be a dance floor) They start serving cocktails right away so maybe we can a toast to a good time and introduce the kids!
    ~Tracey
    PS: I am also having difficulites on the board, finding the thread quickly and sending private messages. If anyone is going March 30th and wants to get together, my

15. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

I am just using this as a test post, the board says you cannot post private email unless you have ten posts...

16. disnlvr+3

Don't watch my weight loss ticker too closely! After this past weekend, I know it's going to go back up a few pounds! I went to the Bon Jovi concert on Friday and had a "few" beers. They were light ones, but still. I pretty much blew the diet through the whole weekend! :sad2: Today's a new day - time to get back on track!

20 min on treadmill 1x/week is WAAAAYYYY more than I do. Of course that counts!!! Keep it goin sistah!

We've never sailed before, so we figured the 3 day would be a good tester for us.

5:00 by the covered pool for sail away party... :cool1: OH YEAH! We'll be there, cocktail in hand!

beckygeez - did you book your trip through a TA or direct through Disney? From everything I've seen, because we booked direct through Disney - we won't get our docs until we are less than a month out! That is killing me! I am dying to know when we leave on 3/26!

We are staying at AKL prior to the cruise. This is ONLY because I booked a cabin with a verandah, as I am very clausterphobic, and was afraid to do a smaller cabin. I'll be paying for this trip for 5 years, but hopefully we'll get a lifetime of memories!

17. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

disnlvr-Itsfunny, I have 40 lbs to lose too!! I lost a ton about 2 years ago and gained about 40 back. Its just SOOO hard and frustrating. Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks. The concert must have been a blast, I love them! Were there lots of "youngsters" there?
    Regarding your documents, we never receive outs until about 1-2 weeks before and I book thru a TA.
    I am going to try again and list my email if u want to contact me or if your daughter wants to email mine. I am Tracey and she is Kelsey. tmccaffrey7@insightbb.com

18. disnlvr+3

Cool! I just sent you an email. Thanks for sharing that!

The concert was so much fun! I had always wanted to see them in concert, but my husband HATES concerts! His best friend bought me the ticket for Christmas, so I went with him! We had a blast. I was surprised at all of the age differences there, but majority were my age...lets just say pushing 40 or older! I was also surprised by how much BIG HAIR some still wore! :rotfl2:

I wanted to shout "It's a new century!!! Get out of the 80's already"!! :eek:

8 weeks...so close, but yet so far!

Do you have any excursions booked? I'm going to take the kids on the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau, and Parasailing on Castaway Cay. I also have a spa resie for DH and I! :love2: Cannot wait!

Becky and Patrice - are you and your families in for the meet by the pool for sail away party?? Sure hope so! :woohoo:

19. beckygeez

beckygeez Mouseketeer

count us in too.

BTW - we got our flights directly through suncountry online. That's why I already know the flight times. I would go crazy if I had to wait. I'm impatient enough as it is. :bounce:

2 of my girlfriends and their families are leaving this sat. for the WDW and then the 3 night cruise also. We would have loved to have gone with them but it's too hard to pull my 15yo out of school and not have her miss a lot. I can't wait to hear about their trip though.

20. tmccaffrey

tmccaffrey luv2cruise

Concert sounds like fun! I know what you mean about big hair, many people around here are stuck in the 80s to say the least. I had Rascal Flatts tickets (4th row!) and was going to go w/ my friend's husband but it wound up being a girls night, he wasn't very happy.
    About the excursions, my TA sent me and email about booking the Dolphin Encounter thru a place called ShoreTrips and said they used them several times. I booked thru them and was happy with their customer service. I think they are www.shoretrips.com We are doing the 1:00-I think, the 10:30 was booked. The kids don't know about it tho, thought we'd surprise them. Nothing booked this time on CCay. Last time DH and Kels did the banana boat and both other times parasailing was clx due to wind. Hopefully you will have better luck.
    Beckyg-let us know how your friends enjoyed their trip. Taking the kids out of school just isn't worth it when they get older. Are you all on spring break end of March ? Can't wait to meet everyone!~Tracey

21. disnlvr+3

We'll be on our Spring Break that week.

I booked the Dolphin Encounter and parasailing on-line direct through the cruise line. Our Dolphin Encounter is at 9:30 Friday morning.

I'm having such a hard time not getting too excited! When we went on our first disney trip I did soooo much planning and had such high expectations, and ended up being disappointed. :sad2: I just don't want that to happen again. I'm trying to stay low key, but it's not easy! This time it will just be the 4 of us, and I'm sure that will make a difference too.

I'm so excited to meet all of you! :yay: My kids are excited too!

Talk to you soon!