March 30th, 2013 Easter Western Fantasy

Your most welcome, someone has to win! I hope to win, wouldn't New York to the Bahamas be awesome, but I will still hang with you all on this cruise too...:lmao: :rotfl2: JK;)

We booked this cruise a week ago! It will be me and my mom (her first Disney cruise) and my kids will be DD (9) and DS (8). The kids and I have been on the Magic twice. So excited to see the Fantasy and to share DCL with my mom. This is the fourth and final time I've re-booked this cruise and boy, am I excited to be able to cruise on the Fantasy over Spring break.

:welcome: Havanseselover and family! How exciting to be able to bring your Mom and let her experience Disney! Rebooking 4 times yikes! Stick with us we are a gonna be a great group!! My dd is going to be 8 on the cruise so maybe the kiddos can hang in the clubs!

We booked this cruise a week ago! It will be me and my mom (her first Disney cruise) and my kids will be DD (9) and DS (8). The kids and I have been on the Magic twice. So excited to see the Fantasy and to share DCL with my mom. This is the fourth and final time I've re-booked this cruise and boy, am I excited to be able to cruise on the Fantasy over Spring break.

Welcome aboard:boat: Your Mom is going to love :love: a Disney Cruise:tinker: I can't wait to see the Fantasy in person! Also, I can tell this is going to be a great group to sail with :woohoo:

:welcome: Havanseselover and family! How exciting to be able to bring your Mom and let her experience Disney! Rebooking 4 times yikes! Stick with us we are a gonna be a great group!! My dd is going to be 8 on the cruise so maybe the kiddos can hang in the clubs!

Thanks! I am excited to share DCL with my mom. I know she will love it. 4 times was a bit excessive but life happens sometimes : ) This does seem like a great group.

:cool1: Wow, our group is growing! Welcome to all the newbies to our group! :grouphug:

I've been eagerly watching all the new info & pics coming out on our Fanstasy--so very excited to see the drawings come to life! I've been walking around all week with the Mariah Carey "Fantasy" song buzzing thru my head! One year seems so far away at this point but I know it will be here before we know it!

For everyone celebrating anniversaries & birthdays onboard make sure you make a note of it on your reservation--they do something special in the dining room the night you choose to celebrate! :wizard:

Now that we're getting closer, time to add my ticker!

:cool1: Wow, our group is growing! Welcome to all the newbies to our group! :grouphug:

I've been eagerly watching all the new info & pics coming out on our Fanstasy--so very excited to see the drawings come to life! I've been walking around all week with the Mariah Carey "Fantasy" song buzzing thru my head! One year seems so far away at this point but I know it will be here before we know it!

For everyone celebrating anniversaries & birthdays onboard make you make a note of it on your reservation--they do something special in the dining room the night you choose to celebrate! :wizard:

Now that we're getting closer, time to add my ticker!

Fox & Friends showed the drawings come to life Friday morning. It looks so cool. And I love the Mickey chairs.

Welcome Welcome...

O.k. quick question for those that have done the Disney cruises before. If The King and I decide we want to do the excursions, are we able to leave the young princess and young prince on board to play in the club or are they suppose to get off the ship with us?

oh and ETA: my mom might be joining us as well- along with my FIL and FIL's girlfriend.. Full house.. :-)

Yes, I think Animator's Palate was my favorite theme on the Dream--loved the chairs & the silverware! I like the new twist they're putting on the Fantasy where they will animate your own drawing & certify you as an official Disney Animator when your meal is done! :thumbsup2

I thought you could leave your kids in the clubs when you went on excursions--I know I saw some reference to it somewhere on these boards but I always have a hard time finding info on the search engine. Hopefully someone in our group has done it firsthand! The most adventerous thing we did without the kiddos was the mixology class---fun stuff! We'll definitely do more of the tastings on the Fantasy! Four days on the Dream were way too rushed--looking forward to a little more downtime on our 7 day!

Kanga+2Roos I agree with you! 4 Days on the Dream was too short! After having done the Magic for a 7 day, we just felt we never did the Dream justice :sad2: nor did we get everything done or tried that we wanted!
SaphyBelle ... as for leaving the kiddos in the clubs while we did an off ship excursion? We did do this, but it was in St Croix and all we did was walk down the end of the dock to town to do a little window shopping and watched a street parade while in full view of the ship...I am a little too "A-type" to go too far from my little angel :littleangel:. To be honest with you I don't think we even "asked" we just did it.!
How wonderful for you to have your whole "posse" along for the ride! We tried to get some family to come with us, but the timing just did not work for their kiddos and school and all...
I had not heard about that Animators Palette, my kiddo is huge into drawing and creating so this will definitley be an exciting supper for her! ON the Dream we loved talking with Crush at supper too, so we are hoping to be one of the "chosen" again... wish I would have had my camera to film it!

3 weeks until I spring the cruise on my wife! Naturally, something had to go wrong. The Disney luggage piece I was getting her is backordered....until June. So I'm now open to alternate surprise methods and/or places to find a single piece of adult Disney Luggage.

Thanks!

Hey DynamicDisneyDuo! Your DW is so lucky she will be on :cloud9:!! That really sucks though that your luggage is backordered... Have you checked out some of the ideas on this section of the Disboards?
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
There are so many creative people over there... how about an amazing bottle of wine with a label that announces the cruise?
Best of luck what ever you do to surprise her I think that is awesome!:thumbsup2

3 weeks until I spring the cruise on my wife! Naturally, something had to go wrong. The Disney luggage piece I was getting her is backordered....until June. So I'm now open to alternate surprise methods and/or places to find a single piece of adult Disney Luggage.

Thanks!

Gosh, wish my dh was like you.. I wish there was a Like button here..That stinks about the backorder. Do you have a Disney store near you? Maybe buy a cheap pair of sunglasses, Disney beach towel with a calendar of the date and circle the cruise.. I'm not very creative- sorry..

I know a friend of mine from High school wrote on her FB that her husband surprise not only her, but their daughter with different princess clues (scavenger hunt), placing them around the house and when they found the last clue, it was a calendar with all the princess' on it.. they opened it up from what the note said and had a circle of when they are going to Disneyland..that was their Christmas gift.. I thought how clever- of course my dh would never think of stuff like that..

I wish there was a Like button here...

:thumbsup2 Agreed! I wish for a like button too! :lmao:... whatever you decide to do she will be thrilled!! Maybe you can hold on to the luggage and make it part of a "6 months until our special holiday" pixiedust: surprise... who knows it might just be the perfect way to keep the anticpation high as we get closer!

There is also a Facebook page set up for this sailing. https://www.facebook.com/jill.kilgore and I will add you to the group

Love, to see more people over on Facebook:love: There is a like button over there:)

Don't worry we won't forget about the Disboard:thumbsup2 There is a link to this board over on Facebook:banana::banana:

The Fantasy arrives at Port Canaveral tomorrow:cool1::cool1: I am going to have the Port Canaveral Webcam on in the morning:banana::banana::banana::banana: Can't wait to see it in port:love:

If you know the exact time it will arrive, I would really like to know:thumbsup2

:welcome: everyone we are going to have a great time, we are going to have to do a meet and greet on the Fantasy. Thanks again Jill for putting the Facebook page up great idea!, if you havent joined please come on over. Is anyone going on the Fantasy before this cruise?

Hi everyone! Our family will be joining you on this cruise as well and we are SO EXCITED!!! :yay: Our kids will be 9 (DD), 7 (DS), 5 (DS) and 3 (DD) when we sail.

My husband and I sailed the Magic and Dream for our honeymoon and 1st anniversary over 10 years ago. I can't wait to take our kids for the 1st time! :woohoo: I am also new to the fish extenders, but we kids are looking forward to it! :goodvibes Where is the best place to buy a fish extender holder?

the fish extenders are so much fun your kids are going to love it Prince Evan loved getting back to the cabin everyday to see what goodies he had, he also loved delivering them. I am not that crafty but that was my do something you never done before, so last year for our Dream cruise, Evan and I made our own FE which I will post later it came out cute a bit to big but it worked and it was a fun project to do with him and saved lots of money! My son started calling me a crafty girl! If you want to purchase one I think you can get them from ebay and esty!

For those who aren't on the FB page yet, I was able to find a substitute bag to get my DW. So barring any complications, I shall carry forward with my surprise plan. Now I have to figure out an excuse to be recording it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter