March 3, 2013 DREAM

Welcome garysummer!

This is my first cruise as well. It will be my and my daughter (17) plus 3 of her friends and two moms. It's the girls' senior trip.

My recommendation is read the boards! I have learned so much.

CAJS04 - We haven't registered for the FE ... what is it? I've read a little on the boards about fish extenders but still not sure I totally get it.

So, far we haven't booked any excursions. The ones that will accommodate a 4 year seem to be limited. I am sure they will be captivated with the onboard activities anyway and Castaway Cay looks amazing.

Anyone else out there going with young kids?

CAJS04 - We haven't registered for the FE ... what is it? I've read a little on the boards about fish extenders but still not sure I totally get it.

So, far we haven't booked any excursions. The ones that will accommodate a 4 year seem to be limited. I am sure they will be captivated with the onboard activities anyway and Castaway Cay looks amazing.

Ah, FEs are so much fun! You have to first register with your group - the link is on the first page. Then you prepare a little gift from your home town, maybe a little something you have made or treats for the less creative types - for each of the participants. ;) There is a great homeade FE gift forum on the main page. You decide if you gift per person or per stateroom. Then you attach an FE extender outside your door. Each of the participants from our cruise brings you gifts. It is a great surprise and usually you will get great souvenirs.

I'm cruising with my DD (8) and my DS (12).

We haven't decided yet on excursions - but I'm probably going to do a beer tasting... :goodvibes

The FE looks like fun. We're signed up. I'll have to give some thought as to what to make. Thanks!!

Hi garysummer - we are cruising with our 2 children ages 5 and 3. We've planned a beach day at Blue Lagoon Island (Nassau) and some snorkeling for the grown ups and the 5 year old on Castaway Cay. We first cruised when they were 3 and 1 and found the number of shore excursions for young children to be limited as well. At Castaway we found extra activities to be unnecessary - our kids were happy with a bucket and shovel and the chance to play in the water.

We are not booking excursions this time. We plan to go to the Pirate Museum and show DM the straw market.

No excursions booked this time. We will probably stay on the ship in Nassau but def get off in Castaway Cay. :beach:

My mom and I will be on this cruise! It is out first cruise! I am traveling with my friends and thier moms also. I am interested in joining the fish extender:banana:

Welcome Doodledisney. On page 2 there is a link to a google document where we signed up for the fish extender.

garysummer said:
Where is the pirate museum?

The Pirates-of-Nassau Museum is walking distance from the ship, on King St. There is a map on their website.

Are there any guidelines for the FE? I saw someone mention that it should be based on your home city, but on other exchanges things to tend to have a Disney focus.

Are there any guidelines for the FE? I saw someone mention that it should be based on your home city, but on other exchanges things to tend to have a Disney focus.

This is my first cruise and first FE, but from what I've read, you can give whatever you want. I am doing a little of both (my home state and Disney).

skaramatt said:
we would like to join. How to? thanks

There is a link on the second page of this form to a google document spreadsheet. Jus go there and put in your details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter