March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

Hey! Do we have a current count somewhere on the FE list? I need to start ordering supplies and a general idea of where our count is at would really be helpful. I thought I saw a Google Doc a while back and I could not find tonight.

Thanks!

Does anybody know if there will be any Easter activities (Easter Bunny, egg hunt, etc.) onboard on Sunday?

Does anybody know if there will be any Easter activities (Easter Bunny, egg hunt, etc.) onboard on Sunday?

Last year we took a Carnival cruise on Easter and they had a little "Easter Egg Hunt" for the kids. Basically they gave them a bag to go all over the ship to get candy from the camp counselors. I'm hoping they have something on this cruise!

Kids Sail Free was too good to pass up! :cool1:
So please add us to meet and greet and FE. Katie is Gold Castaway member and Susie, Alex and Renee are Silver.
Susie - Gramma
Alex - 13 - grandson
Katie - 10 - granddaughter
Renee - 10 - granddaughter
Stateroom 2004
We live near Disney CA but could really use some help on WDW - is the ticket to Epcot or Park? What is most fun to do at either for adventurous kids? Any place not to pass up for eating?
Also re Galveston, does Disney have buses to port like they do in Canaveral? We will be flying in and out of Houston. Any recommendations for hotels?
And are there assigned times for getting off the ship? Am wondering if we could make a 10:30 am flight home out of Houston. We love DCL - kids just did Wonder Mexico Thanksgiving and we have done a couple other trips out of Canaveral.
Here's a tip for first timers - you can bring beverages onboard (water, wine, liquor etc) as long as it is in your carryon, not checked. This is way different from most cruise lines.
Also has anyone heard of daily schedule - assume there is character breakfast and pirate night??
We are very excited and have found the Dis Board to be terrific for meeting others and answering questions.
Thanks to the FE s'sheet guru! I use Google doccs also so can help if you need it.
My granddaughter Katie is totally into DCL pixiedust: and knows everthing - don't hesitate to ask her questions as I let her answer using my login (only for the Dis Board!) :banana:

You must live in CA like I do. I live about 20 minutes from DLR.

I just booked this cruise after eyeing it for sometime but Kids Sail Free was a big savings!!

You probably won't make a 10:30 flight home from Houston. Galveston is about 1 1/2 away from the IAH. I was told to get a flight back to CA after 1:30. The way I'm looking at flight right now it looks like we will be flying in the night before so I will be looking for a hotel room as well. Still trying to figure out also how I'm gonna get to Houston to the port.

If you are looking for a place to eat at WDW my favorite is Le Cellier in Epcot and Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom. I really wanted to eat at Be our Guest but they are booked up and DH said we are only there for a day so I don't want to waste 2 hours eating plus this is the 4th year in row that we are going to WDW! We are probably only going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for the day.

From what I've read only the older ships have a character breakfast. When we were on the Dream we didn't have one and it was a 5 night cruise. But I'm sure there will be a pirate night!

The ground transportation available from Disney ($60 per person round trip) from Houston Airport to the ship and back leaves from the Marriot hotel at the airport. This is also the "official" hotel that Disney puts you up in if they provide flights for you. My recommendation would then be to stay at this hotel if you can swing it.

We too are coming from SoCal flying out of LAX. I made my travel arrangements through Disney as they will fly us out the day before the cruise, and put us up in the hotel, and bus us to and from the ship.

As for the liquids, yes, you can bring your own. This is especially cost effective if you bring wine. If you bring the bottle to the dinner table you will have to pay a corkage fee (forget how much it is...but the Palo corkage fee is $20!) but if you open it in your cabin, pour it into a glass, and carry the glass to dinner...no corkage fee! I'm not much of a wine drinker but my BIL with whom I was on the Panama Canal trip last month is quite a connoisseur. But even he can't drink an entire bottle by himself ha ha! So he kept his bottle(s) in his cabin and would stop at one of the lounges and get a glass so he could enjoy some wine in his cabin in the afternoon while reading.

Whoops. Forgot to say that the character breakfast date and time depends upon your dining rotation.

sranes said:
We live near Disney CA but could really use some help on WDW - is the ticket to Epcot or Park? What is most fun to do at either for adventurous kids? Any place not to pass up for eating?
Thanks to the FE s'sheet guru! I use Google doccs also so can help if you need it.

Christi and I were at WDW twice in 2012. We looked into the day we are going and it's a red day. So even though our tix are park hoppers we are worried about leaving one park and then getting locked out. So we are picking the most important thing and taking the early bus there. Then hopping and hoping. On a red day they only have to guarantee admission to a park not your choice of parks and not guaranteed hopping.
If you can hop there are a few key things in each park that are must sees. We have DisBoard friends that did all four parks in one day and were looking raggedy at the end. They stayed till last bus and said never again.
You can eat around the world at Epcot and last time I did at quick service it came in at $300 for me. Had to have a beer in Canada and Italy since no quick food.
This is getting long, so I will add posts for my must do rides and food in posts to come.

My granddaughter, Kylee (14), is looking forward to meeting girls close to her age so she can have some friends to go to the club with. This is our first cruise and I know there is supposed to be a "meet" when we can all get together so the kids can meet.

Yes, it is traditionally on the first day of the cruise, and I will let smarter people pick the time. I remember the life boat drill leads into the sail away party, so perhaps before the lifeboat drill? Suggestions?

Hey! Do we have a current count somewhere on the FE list? I need to start ordering supplies and a general idea of where our count is at would really be helpful.

The google doc is back online and updated.

I have the cabin count at 10 - 12 right now. If you need people, then we are at 18 - 24 Adults, ~14 Teens, ~12 Children.

There is a second page to the Google doc, and it has a running tally. The people count is accurate, but the Room count is low because I am only officially counting rooms with numbers, I may need to update the algorithm, to deal with guarantees.

In response to Susie's request for help at WDW for recommendations for adventurous tweenager's, I would suspect that each of us could provide the "best rides" and "best eats" at our favorite parks, and there may be some alternate opinions on what is best.

So, hypothetically speaking, if you had one day in Disney, what would you try to hit, and when, to maximize your experience? Would you run to the Safari or Everest at AK to start your day, or would you run to Mission Space or Soarin' at EPCOT, knowing that the fast passes are going to go? Would you give up all that to sprint through Studios for the elusive Buzz Lightyear Fast Pass? Do you take the time for a sit down meal or keep up the pace at the quick service?

Are there some links that you know of to professionally recommended routes in other forums on the DisBoard?

Also, what is your best bite ever at WDW? Honorable mention to the Chef's Table at V&A if you have done that, but in the parks is more practical. You could mention categories like entree, dessert, quick service, etc.

The google doc is back online and updated.

I have the cabin count at 10 - 12 right now. If you need people, then we are at 18 - 24 Adults, ~14 Teens, ~12 Children.

There is a second page to the Google doc, and it has a running tally. The people count is accurate, but the Room count is low because I am only officially counting rooms with numbers, I may need to update the algorithm, to deal with guarantees.

You need to change it. It is only showing 5 cabins right now. Also, would you please put a space between our cabins .
Jordan and Terick will be in the Tween group.

Thanks

Epcot- Flower show

We will be eating at Sunshine seasons in The Land pavillion. They have the best desserts.

Mexic0- Nachos and churros and margaritas for adults

China- Orange chicken (MAtt)

America- steak and funnel cakes (Marina)

We will be spending time at the jumping water fountain.

Hi, I'm pretty sure we are booking our cruise tomorrow!!!! We are traveling with my MIL/FIL they are experiences cruisers, but my husband and kiddos have never been on a cruise. My son is 5 and my daughter is 3. They are thrilled! I've just read a little bit about the FE and saw a few things on pinterest and etsy. It looks like lots of fun and I'm sure my kids would love it. How can we join and what exactly do we need to do? Also any good tips on thing we need for a cruise or need to see/do? Thanks!!!!

I just booked our flight this morning! Everything is coming together! We are flying in the day before using Galveston Limousine service to the hotel in Galveston and back to the airport post cruise. We have a day at the beach in Galveston and will take a taxi from the hotel to the port!

This is going to be the best Spring Break ever! Normally we just stay home. The beaches in NC are nice, but March/April is still too cold for me.

The Bahamas are a better choice! :rotfl2:

This is so exciting!

We would like to join the Meet too. I think 3pm in the promenade lounge a great location.

So sorry to cause any trouble but we have had to, at least temporarily change our spring break plans. :sad2:
It looks like the cruise is out so please do not add us to FE. If things change, I will repost.
If you are new to the FE you will really enjoy it - especially with 4 sea days and time to scamper around to all the cabins and drop off goodies. Personally, I think the shorter cruises are too busy to do an FE.
Everyone have a great trip :dance3:

Hello everyone, can someone help me to be in the right direcction, we are cruisin in the Dream Cruise feb. 21-24 and we will like to participated with the FE but I can not find any information. please help me.. thank you. We are four two girls 7 and 6 and we are deck # 7 cabin no to sure where to find that. ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!