March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

We just booked too. Just Yesterday. I also did the CA coast cruise... LOVED IT. My favorite itinerary ever. I HOPE HOPE HOPE they bring it back. Of course I am a West Coaster so I really like the CA cruises, then we don't need the airfare. I am so excited to be on this. I see that most of you have booked for so many months, and It seems like I seem to do the last minute cruises, but still can't wait. Just myself and DH... No kids or grandkids... Can't wait.

Welcome!

Hello all! We are very late but very excited to be joining everyone on our first Easter cruise to the Bahamas (better late than never)! :) I still can't believe we are doing this! My name is Mary Jane and I will be traveling with my DH George and DD (23) Gina. Is there going to be a DIS Meet on the first day of the cruise? My family and I would love to meet everyone! A few questions: has anyone ever changed their dining rotation or requested a specific dining rotation? how do you do that? Is anyone not going to WDW on Port Canaveral day? We were thinking about getting a cab to go to Cocoa Beach for the day. Will we be the only ones not going to WDW? :rotfl2: Can't wait to meet everyone!

-MJ :)

Welcome!

We just booked too. Just Yesterday. I also did the CA coast cruise... LOVED IT. My favorite itinerary ever. I HOPE HOPE HOPE they bring it back. Of course I am a West Coaster so I really like the CA cruises, then we don't need the airfare. I am so excited to be on this. I see that most of you have booked for so many months, and It seems like I seem to do the last minute cruises, but still can't wait. Just myself and DH... No kids or grandkids... Can't wait.

Yay for last minute cruisers! :) We just booked too! We did the 8 Night Christmas cruise out of Galveston and we loved it! Four days at sea are really nice to have...we are sure you will love it too! :)

We will be cruising for our first time ever, from Galveston at Easter (3/29/13) and would like to join the facebook page.
Thanks!
Nicole Nemec
dh Kevin
ds Jacob (9)
ds Tommy (7)

We are a family of 4, children 8 and 11. I have no clue how this board works, but would love to connect with your group on the cruise. The gift exchange sounds fun!

Not sure if I said... But myself and DH doing a last minute cruise. We have 6 children, are they coming... NOPE... We have 11 grandchildren are they coming.... NOPE... Just the two of us, and we can hardly wait. Planning a big trip in a few years with all of us, but we keep expanding... So, not sure we can save enough to take all of us....

LLB1767 said:
We are a family of 4, children 8 and 11. I have no clue how this board works, but would love to connect with your group on the cruise. The gift exchange sounds fun!

Welcome to the group. We are meeting at 3p sail away day at the promenade lounge. The gift exchange list #1 and #2 are closed. You are welcome to start a last minute list #3? We closed the first list two months out and second one a month out to give people time to get set. We have seen a last minute list go before if you want to try.

LLB1767 said:

Many of us have jumped the conversation to a facebook group.

On the list I will help coordinate like I did with the others if you say go.

I have loved doing FE before. But I'm ok. I just really want to meet some of these people I already feel I know. So im anxious to meet everyone for our meet.
Yes, I am on the Facebook page more than this. So smart how u did the 2 FE lists. one cruise we did last year, there were 50 rooms on the list. While that was nice, smaller lists are much better. We needed a separate suitcase Just to bring it and take it all home. So very smart. Not as much work either but still the fun in wondering if there will be anything at your door..
we also did a secret Mickey. Where u had the name of a family or a couple on the list and they were your secret pals the week. You brought them something little several times during the week, then we had a "big reveal" a couple of days before the end of the cruise, to give a $20. limit gift to our secret Mickey family. It was a lot of fun. And nice cause we didn't have to make or get gifts for 30+ people, just a a few for one family. I would do that again.

I have loved doing FE before. But I'm ok. I just really want to meet some of these people I already feel I know. So im anxious to meet everyone for our meet.
Yes, I am on the Facebook page more than this. So smart how u did the 2 FE lists. one cruise we did last year, there were 50 rooms on the list. While that was nice, smaller lists are much better. We needed a separate suitcase Just to bring it and take it all home. So very smart. Not as much work either but still the fun in wondering if there will be anything at your door..
we also did a secret Mickey. Where u had the name of a family or a couple on the list and they were your secret pals the week. You brought them something little several times during the week, then we had a "big reveal" a couple of days before the end of the cruise, to give a $20. limit gift to our secret Mickey family. It was a lot of fun. And nice cause we didn't have to make or get gifts for 30+ people, just a a few for one family. I would do that again.

I know it's a little late...but on our Christmas cruise we had an ornament exchange and we were thinking about how it would have been nice to have an Easter "egg" exchange! Each person participating would bring a spring-time gift and when coming to the meet each person participating would pick an Easter egg with a number in it and when that person's number is called they would come and pick a gift. This also gives the people who are or are not part of the FE group a chance to participate in at least a small gift exchange. The ornament exchange was a lot of fun on our Christmas cruise and I would be willing to set everything up if people wanted to do something like this on this cruise! :)

MJDisFamCruisers said:
I know it's a little late...but on our Christmas cruise we had an ornament exchange and we were thinking about how it would have been nice to have an Easter "egg" exchange! Each person participating would bring a spring-time gift and when coming to the meet each person participating would pick an Easter egg with a number in it and when that person's number is called they would come and pick a gift. This also gives the people who are or are not part of the FE group a chance to participate in at least a small gift exchange. The ornament exchange was a lot of fun on our Christmas cruise and I would be willing to set everything up if people wanted to do something like this on this cruise! :)

That sounds like fun. Is it for adults, kids or both? Adults bring adult gift and kids bring kid gift?

That sounds like fun. Is it for adults, kids or both? Adults bring adult gift and kids bring kid gift?

It would be for everyone! Yes, adults would bring adult gifts and kids would bring kids gifts and we would separate them so that when the adult/kid goes to pick out a gift they know where to choose from. The gifts can be small and themed toward spring and easter. Just an idea...I think it would be fun! :)

Hi! I just learned about the fish extenders after booking 2 days ago for the March 29 magic cruise! Is there a group to join to participate? I just found someone on etsy to make me one in enough time. Very new to all of this! Any input you all have would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!

madimocole said:
Hi! I just learned about the fish extenders after booking 2 days ago for the March 29 magic cruise! Is there a group to join to participate? I just found someone on etsy to make me one in enough time. Very new to all of this! Any input you all have would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Welcome. Most of us are chatting now on the Facebook group. If you want to Join there we can help.
The FE lists #1 & #2 closed weeks ago. We have tried to start a FE#3 group to no avail so far, but you can be cabin 1 for it if you want. Just let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter