March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

Happy Birthday! It is our favorite time of the year to be at Disney, have a great time.

Thanks.

We were able to get at reservation at Le Cellier for lunch on Saturday. It is part of the Holidays around the World with preferred seating for the Candlelight Processional.

so excited!

Christi

Thanks.

We were able to get at reservation at Le Cellier for lunch on Saturday. It is part of the Holidays around the World with preferred seating for the Candlelight Processional.

so excited!

Christi
The Candlelight Processional is so beautiful! Enjoy your birthday ~ this is our favorite time of the year at Disney!

We just came off of the Mexican Riviera Halloween cruise and booked this Easter week cruise. Please add us for the cruise meet and in the FE list. Thanks so much!

DH - Kevin
DW - Nancy
DD - Stephanie 15
DD - Robin 12
Yay! Our granddaughter is 14 and will be thrilled to meet more kids her age!

We are back for our fantastic trip to WDW.

We loved the lights. Our favorite was Osborne lights. It was amazing!

We enjoyed the Candle light Processional. I am so glad that we were able to get a dinner package. People were lining up in the standby line at 1pm for the 5 pm show.

So glad to see others started booking out of Texas! I should have checked back several weeks ago but have just been busy. I caught up on all posts and I am super excited. Looks like a FE list has been started. Please add us... Let me know what additional info you need. I think my first post had most necessary details. I will be checking more often now that there are people here! Can't wait! 108 days!

I can't wait. One more week until we celebrate Christmas. No more keeping it a secret!
Our booking window opens a Friday :cool1: Erik and I will be celebrating our 18th anniversary on Castaway Cay:banana: (April 1). I am hoping to get dinner reservations for Palo and a brunch.

Trying to come up with a plan for WDW. Not sure which parks etc...
We know we want to go to Epcot for Flower festival- Erik want to take flower pics. Matt (14) wants to go to China for orange chicken and Mexico for Churros. Marina (12) wants to ride test track since it was closed in August. She also wants a steak for the America pavillion.

We may go a see the New Fantasyland. Erik and I did see it when we were there for Thanksgiving. Not sure.

I got everything on my wish list booked Friday when my booking window opened. Super pumped about the private cabana on Castaway Cay.

Giving my Dad's wife a cruise survival kit for Christmas since this is their first Disney cruise. Kit includes: custom FE, door ears, door magnets, Passporters Disney Cruise book, extension cord, power strip, 3M hooks, and of course a cool bag to hold it all. Am I missing anything?

I also started working on my FE gifts. Historically I make these super cool bracelets. I'm thinking I might do the same, they fun to make and to receive.

Amy- Glad you were able to get everything you wanted. SO, did we:cool1:

We thought about a cabana but since we are traveling with such a large group, we decided against it. We have 14. Plus, we have learned from past experience that the kids will be hanging out with their friends- not by the cabana.

So now you have piqued my interest with the 3m hooks and the extension cord. I know what the other stuff is for, and I know what 3m hooks do but I'm trying to apply back to the cruise. Are you covering one wall in them to get the camera and such off the countertop? Is the ext cord just to give range to the power strip?

I got everything on my wish list booked Friday when my booking window opened. Super pumped about the private cabana on Castaway Cay.

Giving my Dad's wife a cruise survival kit for Christmas since this is their first Disney cruise. Kit includes: custom FE, door ears, door magnets, Passporters Disney Cruise book, extension cord, power strip, 3M hooks, and of course a cool bag to hold it all. Am I missing anything?

I also started working on my FE gifts. Historically I make these super cool bracelets. I'm thinking I might do the same, they fun to make and to receive.
Okay. I'm a Disney Cruise newbie and I've tried to cover all my bases, but I have no idea what all these things are used for and/or where to get them: door ears, door magnets, extension cord, power strip, 3M hooks. Obviously I know what the last three are, I'm just wondering what they will be used for on the cruise. Where do I get door ears and door magnets? The fish extender is covered - I researched that and I'm good with that. Can the veteran cruisers help me out with this?

Erik and I are making FE for my mom and sisters for Christmas.

All of our cruise meets have had unique names.

We are calling this cruise..... Escape to Space Mountain.

Hi All!

Just got home from Eastbound Panama Canal (Wonder) and now on the boards to say hi for my next cruise....8 day Bahamas March 29, 2013.

I will be travelling with two daughters 17 & 14, and there is some chance that an older daughter (19) might join us...

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Would love to be part of the FE list. Not sure of my cabin number but daughter's names are Adi (17) and Tirtzah (14).

For the person who asked what door ears and magnets are...

The cabin door has a door number on it. The door number is in a 7" in diameter circle. People print out Mickey ears and place them on either side of the circle, turning your door number into a Mickey head. (Of course, this has gotten quite elaborate, so that there are Mickey ears, goofy ears, hats of all types, etc.) I will try to post a link (still getting the hang of the Disboards site as I've never registered before....)

As for magnets, someone might design a "trip" magnet, and post a link, and again, people will print out the magnet and put it on their cabin door. But other Disney or family magnets are welcome too....it's just to help decorate your door.

So glad to see others started booking out of Texas! I should have checked back several weeks ago but have just been busy. I caught up on all posts and I am super excited. Looks like a FE list has been started. Please add us... Let me know what additional info you need. I think my first post had most necessary details. I will be checking more often now that there are people here! Can't wait! 108 days!

There is a link in a prior post to the read only version of the FE List. Already had you on board Amy. Good to hear from you again.

One thing... which cabin(s) did you want things delivered to?

Erik,
Did you update our cabin #?

Thanks!

Did you want to post a picture of the FE logo we made for our families?

Christi and I just "upgraded" to one of her favorite rooms. I updated the FE list, to show that we are now in 2639. Even though you get noise from the restaurant, it is right near the back elevators, and has the split bath.

Erik and I are making FE for my mom and sisters for Christmas.

All of our cruise meets have had unique names.

We are calling this cruise..... Escape to Space Mountain.

Here is a sample of the vanilla version of the graphic. We also did a version with the Starring Actors listed for the Fish Extender gift bags for each cabin.

open

Well, it appears Google docs wont show it embedded, so here is the link.

Escape to Space Mountain

Okay. I'm a Disney Cruise newbie and I've tried to cover all my bases, but I have no idea what all these things are used for and/or where to get them: door ears, door magnets, extension cord, power strip, 3M hooks. Obviously I know what the last three are, I'm just wondering what they will be used for on the cruise. Where do I get door ears and door magnets? The fish extender is covered - I researched that and I'm good with that. Can the veteran cruisers help me out with this?

I asked the same thing and as a DCL veteran, Christi beat me up for not thinking it through, so here are my thoughts. BTW, not insinuating that you would know these things, she just thought I would realize them before asking. Short answer is with the Disney design, you only have one usable plug, and one that you are not supposed to use in the bathroom, except for razor.

The room is situated without many opportunities for electricity in usable places. There is one double plug on the desk, and a single plug suitable for charging an electric razor (read: camera battery) in the bathroom. One of the desk plugs is taken with the WavePhone charger. There are plugs by the bed, but they have the light and alarm clock plugged into them and are difficult to get to in any case, so relatively unusable, I don't ever actually remember having access to that outlet.

So, the extension cord and powerstrip give you the opportunity to A: create more outlets, and B: put them somewhere more convenient than the middle of the make-up counter / desk / room service depot. In other words, they do exactly what you know them to do, but the real question you wanted answered why, and that is in the plug configuration of the room.

As a follow-on to the door magnets, you can use other adhesives to attach things to the door, but with them being steel doors, the magnets are the most convenient to keeping your hard work between cruises.

3m hooks hold lanyards while in the room or any other item that you don't want to loose. The rooms are small and you must maximize your space. There are never enough plugs for cameras , laptops etc so I always bring a power strip. Extension cord is just in case I need a longer reach.

Door ears: we always decorate our door and giving it ears is part of the tradition. When I get to a computer I will add a link to some that can be printed from home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!