March 10, 2013 - 4 day Dream Getaway!!

I haven't been on this thread too much. It just seems life is so busy. BUT I am so excited for our cruise. This will be my family's 3rd Disney cruise. But, the first time we will be actually doing something in port at Nassau...haha. The first time we got off the ship for one photo only. We wanted to enjoy the ships amenities while it was not so busy. The second time, we ventured in a bit farther..haha did the Straw Market(which we did not love at all.) This time, we are planning on doing an excursion. :goodvibes Have any of you done the Discover Atlantis one?? I thought it would be good because it is not too long and still time to enjoy the ship with less crowds. Feedback? or other suggestions? Our son will be staying onboard..7year old. He will do the club. It will be my hubby and I and 2 teens.
Also is there going to be a meet?

Louiepipbgeeco said:
Gina...sorry but I just want to clarify ONE item per stateroom VS per person int the stateroom?? Sorry for all the questions. :) Can you give this "Fish Extender Virgin" an idea of what sorts of items people give?? And so we pick the day??

Yes. I agree to having the FE per stateroom, not per person. Some people like to get items specific to their state or country. I have received personalized pencils, tattoos, stickers, pirate items, candy, blow up balls, homemade items, scrap booking pages, beads, notepads, keychains, lanyards, etc etc. you don't have to spend a fortune. Bulk party stores and dollar stores are the best place to find treasures. Good luck!!

Hi All!

The months are just flying by and with the cooler temps hitting NH...I'm really thinking more about our cruise! :cool1:

Any of you have DDs who will be 15 or 16 on our cruise? I can't keep straight who is what age now and who will be what age on our cruise. My DD will be turning 16 on our cruise. Before our last cruise, she really enjoyed 'meeting' some fellow teens before the cruise on Facebook and then had them to pal around with a bit on the ship. Let me know and we can get them connected and give them something help pass the winter days heading up to our cruise.

As for FEs- I think we should leave it up to the givers whether it is one single gift for the stateroom or individual things. I've received a mix of both types on my last cruises and appreciate all of them. I would agree that one visit to each FE is all that is needed- not daily.

Hope everybody is having a nice fall!

Liz

campinggal said:
Hi All!

As for FEs- I think we should leave it up to the givers whether it is one single gift for the stateroom or individual things. I've received a mix of both types on my last cruises and appreciate all of them. I would agree that one visit to each FE is all that is needed- not daily.

Hope everybody is having a nice fall!

Liz

Hey Liz.

Great point, that makes sense. I am always appreciative of the fe's so we will leave it to the giver.

We haven't discussed this yet, but I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. We may not end up going on the cruise as it will depend on finances and my husband's vacation time. I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet you all though!

juliebug1997 said:
We haven't discussed this yet, but I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. We may not end up going on the cruise as it will depend on finances and my husband's vacation time. I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet you all though!

I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news. I am sending you good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery from this disease. I sure do hope it works that you can go though. I think that happiness, laughter and relaxation is the best medicine and when Disney is involved its just magical.

Gina

Anyone getting in planning mode? We have opened up a US account and are making a deposit every payday. The exchange rate has been very good! Flights, hotel and car rental are all booked. Might booked an excursion on CC for our DS 13 and his buddy who is also on the cruise. Tandem parasailing maybe?

So sorry to hear this- I'll keep positive thoughts headed your way and hope we'll see you on the cruise and we can help celebrate having all this behind you!!

Anyone getting in planning mode? We have opened up a US account and are making a deposit every payday. The exchange rate has been very good! Flights, hotel and car rental are all booked. Might booked an excursion on CC for our DS 13 and his buddy who is also on the cruise. Tandem parasailing maybe?

I'm always in planning mode!!! :woohoo: I've got our flights booked too and since we're doing park time before/after- our resort stay is all set too. Even our dining is all set. I'm still toying with what to do for our FE exchange gift so that is the next thing I'm working on.

I bet the boys would have a blast doing the tandom parasailing and something they will remember forever!

Happy planning!

Liz

Definitely in planning mode and have been for awhile :) Flight, car, hotel and DVC after the cruise all booked :cool1: So excited!! Staying at Beach Club afterwards. :woohoo: Still thinking about an excursion.

:wave2:Yes, I'm planning as well, have been for a while now. Cruise all paid in full, waiting for 11-10 so I can start planning excursions online. Hope weather is beautiful for our 1st cruise! Would love to spend some time at Disney World afterwards, but have to drive back to Texas for kids to get back to school. We were at the Polynesian Resort last year week of Thanksgiving. pixiedust:

Always planning when it come to Disney. We have booked a villa and are planning on doing WDW before hand. We are bringing our westie, cooper along this time too. He will be staying in a luxury villa suite at best friends pet care on Disney property while we are on the cruise. he will be pampered For sure :)

Hello fellow cruisers. So Halloween is behind us and looking forward to Christmas. Before we know it we will be packing for our cruise!!!!! So excited!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Gina

Hi. should be alot of Canadians aboard being its March break for many school boards. On our last trip to Nassau we jumped on a local bus ( Jitney I believe) and headed towards Cable Beach, went to an old fort, found a public beach, did not swim just took a look. Took another bus back downtown. This time we will walk towards The Queens Staircase. Some travel books have walking tours and I found some online. Will do some shopping and head back to the Dream and hit the pools before supper!

I'm trying to figure out what to wear for dinner, I would like to dress up but have read where the 4 night Dream most folks do not dress up what can I expect to see. :hourglass

I'm trying to figure out what to wear for dinner, I would like to dress up but have read where the 4 night Dream most folks do not dress up what can I expect to see. :hourglass

I've only cruised twice before- once a 4-night on the Wonder and the second was a 4-night on the Dream. My recollection is that on 'formal night' there are some people that DO go way formal but then I think the majority were dressed for a nice night out rather than casual dress that is worn the other nights. My daughter and I were both in dresses with cardigans/wraps- like afternoon wedding attire rather than 'black tie' wedding.

One thing that was nice to do is that the ships photographers were set out in the Atrium doing photo sessions with backdrops- no characters- just the chance to get a family photo session done when everybody was all dressed up. Not sure if they still do that but the definitely did it two years ago.

Hope that helps!

Liz

Hi Fellow Cruisers!!

How is everybody doing?? Our cruise is getting closer and closer and with all the holiday craziness- this month is going to just zip by bring our cruise all the closer! :cool1:

I got an e-mail today from Disney Cruise Line letting me know my cruise is getting closer and that mid-Dec I can sign up for excursions. It was exciting to realize with that e-mail it really is coming fast! Plus- I just paid off our cruise so we're good to go!

I find it really interesting that there isn't a single DIS-er on the 3/7 cruise- that poor cruise doesn't have ANY link to a meet! I'm happy we have ours- even if it is a tad slow moving.

Do any of you have girls who will be 15/16 on our sailing? My DD will be turning 16 on the cruise and I know she would like to 'meet' some girls on FB before we cruise and then have them to hang out with a bit during our sailing.

Hope everybody is starting to get excited!!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter