March 1 - March 4, What did you think of the crowds????

sanibelover

DIS Veteran
If you were there, I am curious what you thought of the crowds those days. We were there and I have an idea, but I'm curious what others think.....

If you were there, I am curious what you thought of the crowds those days. We were there and I have an idea, but I'm curious what others think.....

We were there March 2-March 7 and we thought the crowds were very good. If a wait time said 30 minutes...it was more like 20. TOT on Sunday said 20 minutes and we walked right on. Considering it was still ESPN Weekend, we were very happy with the wait times.
DH, DD and her college roomate went to Universal on Wed, got there at 9 (opening) and were back at SSR by 5:30. They did both parks and all but 2 of the rides. I was very happy VA Tech had an early Spring Break!:cool1:

My DD was there with her middle school band from 3/6 through 3/9, so a little after your time period, and she said the crowds were light and the lines were short. Of course, her last two trips were President's Day weekend (which she also thought was lighter than she expected) and Thanksgiving week, and her next trip will be Easter week, just so you know what she's comparing it to.

wew were there the 29th to 9th and the crowds were great. We didn't really use fastpass. we got off a ride and got back on

Thanks for the replies- that was my impression also, although we did see waits of 40+ minutes, we never waited more than about 10. I was really just wondering if a touring plan is necessary when the parks are a little less crowded. I wouldn't say they were empty - lots of folks around, but the ride lines were very reasonable. We did use TGM, and it did work very well for us, but I didn't know if it was necessary.

We were there March 2nd-6th and thought the crowds were very light. The most that a wait time stated at MK was 30 minutes, but I think the longest we stood in line was 15 minutes. After 6pm, we basically walked onto any ride and rode them several times. We live in Florida and have gone many times, but our friends you were their for the first time with their children thought it was very crowded. I laughed and told them to come back in the summer or over the holidays and then they would know what crowded was.

Oh, I have been in the MK on the Fourth of July - won't EVER do that again, but we normally go in September when it's really slow or November right before Thanksgiving, so I was just looking for perspective. I thought that the number of people was just about right - not so few that it seems somehow depressing, but not too many to make ride lines too long. The shows we saw at DHS were all totally full (Lights, Motors, Action and Indiana Jones), but they only had a few each day.

One small complaint I have: WHY do they have to leave all of the empty tubes in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon??? Why not have folks take out their tubes when they are disembarking? It would make for a much more pleasant trip around. There would not have been any traffic jams except for the empty tubes tying things up.......OK, I feel better now. I shouldn't complain - we have been at Blizzard Beach when you couldn't even find an empty tube and there were so many people in the lazy river that you couldn't move. It was awful.........

We were there from 3/1-3/8 and I thought the crowds were great! I think the longest thing we waited for was 20 minutes for IASW. :rotfl2:

We weren't in any parks at midday but early in the morning the wait times for even rides like Splash, BTMRR, and Space Mountain were only about 10 minutes. :thumbsup2 I have some photos of the MK on Friday morning with absolutely no one around.

This was our experience last week. The crowd calendar had most days listed as 4-6:) for our days and I am now a BIG believer in the crowd predictions;)

Sunday March 2nd MK - 8AM-3PM Low Crowds... Haunted Mansion was 10 minutes at Noon
Monday March 3rd DHS - 9AM-2PM Low Crowds... Star Tours was 10 minutes at Noon
Tuesday March 4th MK - 8AM-2PM Low Crowds .... Thunder Mountain Railroad was 10 minutes at 1PM and Splash Mountain was 25 minutes around 2PM (it broke down and actually took much longer)
Friday March 7th AK - 10AM-3PM .... Low Crowds... Walked on to all the rides in Dinoland... Lion King had the upper sections ropped off and unused at the 2PM show

We got stuck in Orlando due to the Ohio Blizzards and the crowds were bad on Sunday March 9th..we had to use fastpasses for the rides and found it the utter opposite of the first part of our trip.

Sunday March 10th MK - 10AM - 3PM ... The first line we ran into was the Tea Cup for 25 minutes at 10AM so we past on this we rode this mutliple times on Tuesday morning with no wait. I think this day was rated as an 8 and we could tell a difference just walking around the park still we only had to wait 60 minutes for our BTMRR fastpasses at 2PM.

We were there March 2nd - 7th and thought the crowds were pretty light, especially compared to our usual President's week trip.

We've been many times so we kind of know how the touring plans go but we didn't really use one. It just wasn't necessary.

Now if only our week hadn't ended with watching Spectromagic and Wishes in the rain! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter