Marathon Weekend 2016

If anyone is looking for Saucony shoes, their website is having a huge sale on the "old" models. Guide 8's for $50, Kinvara 5's for $52.50, Triumph ISO $63. Free shipping, free returns. Promo code sale30.

Thank you for the heads up!
I wasn't sure if I was going to to with another pair of the Guide 8 or get fitted again, but for $50 ... I'm going for it.

I hope things improve sooner than later for you. A broken bone is almost better thing to have (Known x days to recover) then a tear of a tendon (unknown days to recover). If its just inflamed, then some rest will get it back in a shorter time. I had a similar issue last year, so I know how frustrating the whole situation is. One of the perks for doing this race is, if you are injured you can still go Disney and enjoy the parks. It is one of the reasons I picked this race this year.

Have you been following the LSU coaching situation? Its been a wild week and I think all the speculation will be over within the next 7-10 days with Jimbo Fisher being our new coach.
Thanks - the unknown is exactly what frustrates me about this.

For LSU/Miles - can't help but follow it. Miles is a very good head coach with a lot of players coming back next year and the #1 recruiting class right now. If they fire him without someone like Fisher already agreeing to take the job, they would be taking a huge risk. They could set that program back 20 years.

Consider this - Miles has seven 10(+) win seasons. Seven. In the 40 years or so before the arrival of Nick Saban, LSU had zero 10 wins seasons. ZERO.

Yeah, Miles ha done a pretty good job at LSU. His only crime is not being Nick Saban.

I think the grand total of Fisher to LSU (before you even add what it will cost for a coaching staff) will likely be upwards of $50mm - in just buyout money AND a contract for Jimbo.

That's A LOT of scratch for a little disappointment - but this is a down season for the SEC.

Interested in what you all think I should do...

I missed last week's long run, an 18-miler, because I wasn't feeling well at all. This week I am supposed to be logging 13 before I do my first 20-miler next week. Would you replace this week's scheduled 13 with last week's missed 18 or just continue with the plan as is?

Thank you for the heads up!
I wasn't sure if I was going to to with another pair of the Guide 8 or get fitted again, but for $50 ... I'm going for it.

What do you think about the 8's? I was going to reorder 7's but on Amazon they were going for close to the new 9's. So I found 8's for 63. Wish I knew this sale earlier.

What do you think about the 8's? I was going to reorder 7's but on Amazon they were going for close to the new 9's. So I found 8's for 63. Wish I knew this sale earlier.

I've never worn the 7's, so I can't compare the two. These are my first pair of stability shoes, and while I don't love them, they're pretty good. They don't really have enough arch support for me (I have high arches), but that's really my only major complaint. I like them enough that I bought another pair, which is the best endorsement I can give them.

I've never worn the 7's, so I can't compare the two. These are my first pair of stability shoes, and while I don't love them, they're pretty good. They don't really have enough arch support for me (I have high arches), but that's really my only major complaint. I like them enough that I bought another pair, which is the best endorsement I can give them.

I have had the 5, 6 & 7's, but I also was fitted with arch supports. I have loved the shoes. They are comfortable for me.

Thanks - the unknown is exactly what frustrates me about this.

For LSU/Miles - can't help but follow it. Miles is a very good head coach with a lot of players coming back next year and the #1 recruiting class right now. If they fire him without someone like Fisher already agreeing to take the job, they would be taking a huge risk. They could set that program back 20 years.

Consider this - Miles has seven 10(+) win seasons. Seven. In the 40 years or so before the arrival of Nick Saban, LSU had zero 10 wins seasons. ZERO.

Yeah, Miles ha done a pretty good job at LSU. His only crime is not being Nick Saban.

At this point I do not believe it is a "if" we have a home run replacement. Les has had many great seasons when looking at his whole body of work, but the last 3 years is what people around here are looking at. The key part of that is his SEC West record in that time period. It's highly unlikely any coach will match his winning percentage either. Have you watched LSU this year though, Its been very frustrating. Nick is the best coach in college football and no one will ever be him. The man is good.

Not sure about less pressure, but much easier to make the playoffs every year at FSU than any team in the SEC.

Playoff run may be easier in the SEC. You can lose one game and still make it. FSU has to have a perfect season to get in. That's at least how it is these days.

I think the grand total of Fisher to LSU (before you even add what it will cost for a coaching staff) will likely be upwards of $50mm - in just buyout money AND a contract for Jimbo.

That's A LOT of scratch for a little disappointment - but this is a down season for the SEC.
The LSU staff will cost ~20 mil and Fishers is $5 mil. The money folks in town already said they will cover the cost.

For those interested Sunday or Monday could get very interesting. I like Les and will miss the man. He is a great person. Watching him coach drives me crazy. It's not just this year either. Tonight was his radio show and half the people cried when talking to him.

Sorry for the hijack, non running related post. Disney is only a few weeks away!

I'd split the difference and run 14-16. You don't want to do an 18 and a 20 back to back if you're not ready for it.

I second that suggestion.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow, for all that are in the U.S. that is anyway. I am planning on a 10 miler in the morning (It feels like it is taking forever to ramp the mileage back up. Quite frustrating).

I have worn 5-8 and can't describe a single difference in any of them. That's why I have always waited for these sales to buy "last year's" model. The best endorsement I can give is that once I tie them I never think about them again. They have all been great.

I am very intrigued by the 9's with their everun technology. I hope those are on sale next year!

At this point I do not believe it is a "if" we have a home run replacement. Les has had many great seasons when looking at his whole body of work, but the last 3 years is what people around here are looking at. The key part of that is his SEC West record in that time period. It's highly unlikely any coach will match his winning percentage either. Have you watched LSU this year though, Its been very frustrating. Nick is the best coach in college football and no one will ever be him. The man is good.
The reality (assuming Fisher is not on his way) is that your next coach will likely be a step backward. Maybe Miles has had a few bad years. Heck, Coach Bryant had 3-4 bad years in a row at Alabama. It happens. The real question has to be - will your next coach be better.

If anyone is looking for Saucony shoes, their website is having a huge sale on the "old" models. Guide 8's for $50, Kinvara 5's for $52.50, Triumph ISO $63. Free shipping, free returns. Promo code sale30.
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't use the website, but I figured there would be a sale at the local Saucony outlet as well (about a mile away). I ended up getting 4 pairs of shoes (Triumph 11), a pair of shorts, and 10 pairs of socks for $277. I'm good for the next year.

Anybody turkey trotting this AM? I'm adding a few extra pre-race miles to make this my long run for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter