Mar. 13, 2010 Eastern Magic - "Caribbean Amphibians"

Hello, We just booked on the March 13th 2010 cruise. We previously book for June 2010 while we were on board the Magic May 30th 2009.

Family Name: OLINGER
Adults: Ashley and Anthony
children: Jacob will be almost 13 (may 20th) and Matthew almost 11(May 11)
Stateroom: not sure yet only says cat 11
Email: I will send email at later date. I have only posted 5 post so it will not let me.....sorry
State: AL

Thanks and we are so excited!!!
Ashley:cheer2:

I couldn't find a meet thread yet for this one -- only 519 days away -- so I started one! I, for one, am so excited to finally have our reservation and now just sit back and watch!

I'm thinking we can have a lot of fun with Kermit in Pirate Gear! The pic to the side was one I was able to find online and I put a note to the designers on the DIS Creative Board --- would look great on a shirt and be easy for Fish Extenders!

Who's with me!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Update:

Particpation in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange will be limited to those who sign up PRIOR to the 75 day mark for the cruise. This is to encourage participation in the thread and to lesson the last-minute sign-ups which happen frequently. It also gives adequate time to prepare supplies.

Please sign up for our Meet group by sending the following information to me:

Family Name
Adult Names
Childrens ages (names if you are comfortable)
State you live in
Stateroom #
email

The final list will be distributed one month before the cruise.

Hello, We just booked on the March 13th 2010 cruise. We previously book for June 2010 while we were on board the Magic May 30th 2009.

Family Name: OLINGER
Adults: Ashley and Anthony
children: Jacob will be almost 13 (may 20th) and Matthew almost 11(May 11)
Stateroom: not sure yet only says cat 11
Email: I will send email at later date. I have only posted 5 post so it will not let me.....sorry
State: AL

Thanks and we are so excited!!!
Ashley:cheer2:

excellent! welcome! i guess maybe we're going to have to start getting a spread sheet ready soon.....I personally have to wait until the end of december to take on any more projects......

I understand too many projects started! I am queen of multi-tasking-beyond my abilities.:cheer2:pixiedust:pixiedust:party:

excellent! welcome! i guess maybe we're going to have to start getting a spread sheet ready soon.....I personally have to wait until the end of december to take on any more projects......

Hello everyone!
I have a question for anyone who has been to the destinations on our cruise! What is your favorite excursion? We have only been on 1 Disney cruise this past May. (We went to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Castaway.) Any suggestions on excursions for this cruise?party:

:cool1:Hello fellow cruisers! I am interested in port excursions, also. However with 4 children, unless they are happy to stay in the kids clubs, we may just hit the beaches. So many decisions!

HI All,
We are taking this cruise, our first cruise, and wanted to introduce ourselves.
My DH,me (Christine) and DS6 (Ethan) are from Ontario. We debated taking this cruise due to price and what we could get on other cruise lines for cheaper, but alas, we are here and paying through the nose; I hope it will be awesome!
We haven't booked our flights yet but hoping to fly out of Buffalo on Friday before. I still am doing some research on excursions but not sure what.....would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Any other little kiddies going around the same age as my son?
Chat soon!

Welcome EJ's MOM ! There will be 10 of us...myself and Grandpa,(I'm Nana),my son,his wife and their kids: 3 and 5,girl and boy, and my daughter and her hubby, 7 and 13, girl and boy. We have not talked about excursions yet as we don't know how the children will handle the kid's clubs. I think we'll just head to the beach and do a little shopping. We're from Blenheim Ontario.

HI All,
We are taking this cruise, our first cruise, and wanted to introduce ourselves.
My DH,me (Christine) and DS6 (Ethan) are from Ontario. We debated taking this cruise due to price and what we could get on other cruise lines for cheaper, but alas, we are here and paying through the nose; I hope it will be awesome!
We haven't booked our flights yet but hoping to fly out of Buffalo on Friday before. I still am doing some research on excursions but not sure what.....would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Any other little kiddies going around the same age as my son?
Chat soon!

Welcome! We didn't do any excursions last time due to the age diff in our kids (seven years from oldest to youngest) but we think we will this time. We're waiting for the little brown book to come out..... It looks like we're building quite a crowd here! Yay!:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Add another family to the group!
We are also keen to participate in Fish Extenders, which gives us a great winter project to work on!
Is there a way to offer up our details (names, hometown, numbers etc.) in a more secure, direct manner?
And also, approximately how many individuals participated in this on your last cruise? Just wanted a ballpark idea of how many packages we might expect to prepare.

Add another family to the group!
We are also keen to participate in Fish Extenders, which gives us a great winter project to work on!
Is there a way to offer up our details (names, hometown, numbers etc.) in a more secure, direct manner?
And also, approximately how many individuals participated in this on your last cruise? Just wanted a ballpark idea of how many packages we might expect to prepare.

you can private message me if you'd like with your information - much safer that way. I will go ahead and start a spread sheet if people want to send me the info and just maintain it slowly until after my December commitment -- our group is really growing.

For the FE or cabin gifts, there's really no set amount. There is a fish extenders thread on the main forum which gives ideas about what people gave....it doesn't have to be anything huge or expensive - just a little something to add a little more magic to the cruise.....

Looks like I will have to post a bit more before I can be able to use Private Messaging - but I will get that information to you!
About how many 'gifts' have generally been needed for the FE participants? We have lots of ideas, but I'm just wondering about volume.
And also, I'm curious about the best night to book Palo. This will be our first cruise, and so we want to take in as much as possible, so we're not keen about missing some of the special events. But how do you know which night to skip?
I posted this question on the main board, and got a wide variety of answers. But for example, one family said they like to miss formal night. So how do they know 90 days in advance which night that will be?
Thanks so much

Looks like I will have to post a bit more before I can be able to use Private Messaging - but I will get that information to you!
About how many 'gifts' have generally been needed for the FE participants? We have lots of ideas, but I'm just wondering about volume.
And also, I'm curious about the best night to book Palo. This will be our first cruise, and so we want to take in as much as possible, so we're not keen about missing some of the special events. But how do you know which night to skip?
I posted this question on the main board, and got a wide variety of answers. But for example, one family said they like to miss formal night. So how do they know 90 days in advance which night that will be?
Thanks so much

the amount of gifts will depend on how many people sign up. I think on our last cruise we had 12, maybe? do you remember, tink? as far as palo - we go for a brunch because we enjoy the dining room dinners and don't want to miss that with our kids....

I note that we'll be travelling on St. Patrick's Day. Do you think it would be likely they would do anything theme-related onboard?

We are on this cruise!!! What started as a 'dummy date' has grown to be a 5-family/7-cabin getaway. We have enjoyed several trips on the Wonder, but this will be our first on the Magic. Looking forward to the extra sea-days to enjoy the ship and unwind.

We tried to book this cruise, but all the sudden the only cabins available for a family of 4 is a cat 4, which is a bit too much for our budget. There were Category 10s available yesterday! :( Do lower category cabins become available again in this situation?

Jason.

Booked our family of 4 today (yesterday now- its 3:15am). :cool1: Joining you will be myself, DH, DD-11, and DD-9. We would very much like to participate in the FE exchange. It makes the trips even more fun for all of us. I noticed in some of the early posts t-shirt designs and logos were discussed. Has anything been decided? I'm so excited to start planning. We don't know a room number yet, but I'll PM the rest of our stats. :banana::banana::banana:

It looks like we're going to have a good group from all over! I think about the cruise constantly!!!!!There will be 10 of us together, so that should be fun,as long as the 4 kids are happy! I hope they like the kids clubs! We'll just play it by ear...I tend to worry too much and want everything to be perfect for my family, and that's not realistic, I know.:confused3

sorry i've been out of the loop folks - super busy planning a large affair.....however, if people want to start pm'ing me the information, i'll start a spreadsheet.....:surfweb::tinker:

Hi All
If you re planning to stay the night at one of the hotels in PC, when do you book it...considering it is march break??
Thanks!

OK everyone - I have started the spread sheet. Please see the very first post for the information that it would be very helpful if you would pm to me. I'll be sending out the first copy in Dec.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter