Mar. 13, 2010 Eastern Magic - "Caribbean Amphibians"

I love Kermit in the Porthole! :) I haven't been around for a while but just checking in to say hello. :)

Hello everyone!:cool1: We will be adding 10 to your cruise.:thumbsup2 My husband and I, plus our son, his wife and his 2 kids, 3 and 5, plus our daughter and hubby, and their 2 kids, 13 and 7. I don't know all the shortforms for them. It will be a once in a lifetime family experience full of great memories, I'm sure. I've been planning it for a year and a half already. It should be fun trying to co-ordinate everything as we're in Florida at that time and they will have to fly down from icy Canada and we'll all meet up somehow. I can't wait!!!! I am a big planner, sometimes I worry too much, but I'd like to figure out some of the best excursions available to us. Now I don't know if my DIL...is that daughter in law? will feel safe leaving the kids on the ship to go touring. She might want them to go, so we'll have to do a beach or something. My hubby and I have been to St t and St. M. before and we'd just like to walk aroung the towns. They have never seen any of it, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll just chill out and let them choose their own activities. We don't have to do everything together, do we?:confused3
We'll all be in inside cat 11 rooms and I hope its not claustrophobic...I hear they are nice. How did this fish extender come to be? Do you all participate? Talk to you later.

Hello everyone!:cool1: We will be adding 10 to your cruise.:thumbsup2 My husband and I, plus our son, his wife and his 2 kids, 3 and 5, plus our daughter and hubby, and their 2 kids, 13 and 7. I don't know all the shortforms for them. It will be a once in a lifetime family experience full of great memories, I'm sure. I've been planning it for a year and a half already. It should be fun trying to co-ordinate everything as we're in Florida at that time and they will have to fly down from icy Canada and we'll all meet up somehow. I can't wait!!!! I am a big planner, sometimes I worry too much, but I'd like to figure out some of the best excursions available to us. Now I don't know if my DIL...is that daughter in law? will feel safe leaving the kids on the ship to go touring. She might want them to go, so we'll have to do a beach or something. My hubby and I have been to St t and St. M. before and we'd just like to walk aroung the towns. They have never seen any of it, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll just chill out and let them choose their own activities. We don't have to do everything together, do we?:confused3
We'll all be in inside cat 11 rooms and I hope its not claustrophobic...I hear they are nice. How did this fish extender come to be? Do you all participate? Talk to you later.

wow - i think we're going to have to set up a spreadsheet one of these days! welcome!

the fish extender thing (and some other things) are DIS inventions and great ways of identifying and clicking with each other on the cruise for a memorable experience. Basically, it's a cute little mail box for trinkets from others in the group. It's going to be a lot of fun.

My kids at that time will be 13, 11 and 6.....

I'll have a GS who is 13 and and one who will be 5, and a GD who will be 7. The little GD will be 3, going on 20! Have you thought of any excursions, or are you just going to play it by ear? These threads are great for getting ideas and tips and just keeping the excitement alive!:cool1:

Disney Nana - where abouts are you in Ontario? We're between London and Sarnia. We should compare notes on flights. I haven't booked mine yet - we usually go out of Detroit. :)

Welcome!

Beth :hippie:

We are in Blenheim, which can't be far from you. We spend the winter in Florida, so we won't be flying, but our kids will be. They always fly Spirit. Have you thought of any excursions?

Disney Nana - where abouts are you in Ontario? We're between London and Sarnia. We should compare notes on flights. I haven't booked mine yet - we usually go out of Detroit. :)

Welcome!

Beth :hippie:

I may change over to this cruise instead of a 4 day. If you are flying from Detroit Delta has some great prices, last week I was looking and they were less than $300 Cad for direct flights which I think was $227 US.

I may change over to this cruise instead of a 4 day. If you are flying from Detroit Delta has some great prices, last week I was looking and they were less than $300 Cad for direct flights which I think was $227 US.

sorry I've been out of the loop lately. my husband just said he has to start looking at when southwest will release our flying dates.....we were able to get tickets for $47 each way last time.

sorry I've been out of the loop lately. my husband just said he has to start looking at when southwest will release our flying dates.....we were able to get tickets for $47 each way last time.

Wow... I thought ours were decent at less than $300 round trip :)

Hi all,
stopping by to say that we too are sailing on this cruise. It is a mini-family reunion for us and have booked 5 rooms so far. I will be traveling with my husband and ds (8) and dd (10), plus aunts/uncles and grandparents.

Welcome Pumpkin21!!!!!! Are you doing the reunion package? WE have 10 travelling with us...4 kids.......3,5,7,13!:dance3::dance3:

Hi Everyone! We had to switch our cruises. We just found out we are expecting baby #2 in February and won't be able to sail because the baby will be too young. We are going to miss being Caribbean Amphibians (really cool name) but hope everyone has a great time!!!

Hi Everyone! We had to switch our cruises. We just found out we are expecting baby #2 in February and won't be able to sail because the baby will be too young. We are going to miss being Caribbean Amphibians (really cool name) but hope everyone has a great time!!!

Congrats JM - we'll be sorry not to meet you, but happy for your new mouse! Welcome to our new family!

We are only over seven months to go until our cruise....around December, we can start compiling info on ages and such to organize some meets and fish extenders and such -- it's going to be a great cruise!

OK - totally so excited - I just found out that my bud - and disney expert extrordinairre - whom I met on the last cruise - is going on this cruise, too! She's awesome and knows every tip there is! YAYAY!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi guys, just read the few pages of the thread.... This person of whom I quote is my friend Rani.:lmao: I guess it is me of who she speaks....:rotfl2: Ok now I will get off my "Old English" box and introduce myself......

Rani and I have cruised before together. We as a family have cruised DCL multiple time..... Oh what the heck, we have cruised so many times, it has taken a year of salary from my house....:lmao: We too have booked this cruise. We were scheduled to go this past March and pulled out at the last minute and did the world instead. DH was just having issues with DCL at the time. We were scheduled to do the Double Dip this November and got the the kids schedule for 2010 and found out that it is standardlized test time :headache: so we needed to transfer our booking. Well this cruise is scheduled during our Spring Break, so we then quickly booked this cruise... Then to our MAGICAL suprise, we found out our dear friends were also booked on it. :banana: Spring Break, means no test.:thumbsup2 So therefore, VACATION!!!!

Then I come here to find out that Disney Nana is on this cruise.:woohoo: Sounds pretty cool... When we travel, we usually bring a bucket load of people with us, but right now it is just DH, DS 12 @ sailing, DD 8 @sailing and myself....

I started shopping last week. Swimsuit for DD, shorts for DD and flip flops. You know I have to get it while I can...... Now we do have a little situation..... Our family actually has 3 cruises booked right now. I guess this is an actual confession. We actually have 3 cruises booked right now. 2 on DCL and 1 on RCCL. Now here is the confession. Our DCL & RCCL are booked for the same date. Yes, we have booked another cruise for this same date and this is the reason I have not been to the meets thread and posted. We are just figuring out what we are going to do. The truth is we are waiting for October to make the final decision. Our other DCL date is a dummy date. We are waiting to see the prices for the Dream. We want to for sure go on the new ship and need to see where the $ is. A group of us past cruisers have selected a date to sail together and will target that date for sure. So if the prices come out very high, we will do RCCL. If not we will stick with DCL. So I can not throw my heals up and lock in until October. I will stay on this thread though, as I do not want to be one of those that lurks and you have not heard from me until the 1st of March; as it occurs in many meets threads.

I just know we will be at Port Canaveral this week in March getting on a ship, we just have to decide which ship. We have ONLY cruised Disney before so this is new.;)

As far as Fish Extenders...... I have never participated in one as I do not like to haul all of the stuff there or back. I have participated in private exchanges, but never group ones. It becomes very hard when at the end, 20 people sign up at the last minute. I then feel stressed about buying more stuff. So, if we are cruising with you, the Tink Family will pass on the FEE. Now yesterday, I did buy stuff to take a crack at making one. I sew and saw them on a thread of people trying to locate them. I decided to buy the stuff, make it and then offer it to a DISer at cost. So I will see how it turns out.

Disney Nana, we will stick stick to our Florida plan.:thumbsup2

It is nice meeting all of you and regardless, our family is in countdown mode to cruise.:hug:

Welcome Pumpkin21!!!!!! Are you doing the reunion package? WE have 10 travelling with us...4 kids.......3,5,7,13!:dance3::dance3:

No, I booked the cruise for my family of 4 and then others in the family decided to join in the fun. What are the advantages of the reunion package? This is our first cruise.

No, I booked the cruise for my family of 4 and then others in the family decided to join in the fun. What are the advantages of the reunion package? This is our first cruise.

Actually there are not very many advantages. You actually have to pay for it and all it gives you is the ability to have one of the lounges that afternoon for 1 hour. You have to have at least 16 people and to tell you the truth there is not much to it. They will link everyone's reservation in which they will do anyway if you call to link them. So I personally do not think there are many advantages to it. Each of our cruisesw with the exception of 2; we have traveled with at least 16 people and I personal never have thought it was worth it. ;)

Hi guys, just read the few pages of the thread.... This person of whom I quote is my friend Rani.:lmao: I guess it is me of who she speaks....:rotfl2: Ok now I will get off my "Old English" box and introduce myself......

Rani and I have cruised before together. We as a family have cruised DCL multiple time..... Oh what the heck, we have cruised so many times, it has taken a year of salary from my house....:lmao: We too have booked this cruise. We were scheduled to go this past March and pulled out at the last minute and did the world instead. DH was just having issues with DCL at the time. We were scheduled to do the Double Dip this November and got the the kids schedule for 2010 and found out that it is standardlized test time :headache: so we needed to transfer our booking. Well this cruise is scheduled during our Spring Break, so we then quickly booked this cruise... Then to our MAGICAL suprise, we found out our dear friends were also booked on it. :banana: Spring Break, means no test.:thumbsup2 So therefore, VACATION!!!!

Then I come here to find out that Disney Nana is on this cruise.:woohoo: Sounds pretty cool... When we travel, we usually bring a bucket load of people with us, but right now it is just DH, DS 12 @ sailing, DD 8 @sailing and myself....

I started shopping last week. Swimsuit for DD, shorts for DD and flip flops. You know I have to get it while I can...... Now we do have a little situation..... Our family actually has 3 cruises booked right now. I guess this is an actual confession. We actually have 3 cruises booked right now. 2 on DCL and 1 on RCCL. Now here is the confession. Our DCL & RCCL are booked for the same date. Yes, we have booked another cruise for this same date and this is the reason I have not been to the meets thread and posted. We are just figuring out what we are going to do. The truth is we are waiting for October to make the final decision. Our other DCL date is a dummy date. We are waiting to see the prices for the Dream. We want to for sure go on the new ship and need to see where the $ is. A group of us past cruisers have selected a date to sail together and will target that date for sure. So if the prices come out very high, we will do RCCL. If not we will stick with DCL. So I can not throw my heals up and lock in until October. I will stay on this thread though, as I do not want to be one of those that lurks and you have not heard from me until the 1st of March; as it occurs in many meets threads.

I just know we will be at Port Canaveral this week in March getting on a ship, we just have to decide which ship. We have ONLY cruised Disney before so this is new.;)

As far as Fish Extenders...... I have never participated in one as I do not like to haul all of the stuff there or back. I have participated in private exchanges, but never group ones. It becomes very hard when at the end, 20 people sign up at the last minute. I then feel stressed about buying more stuff. So, if we are cruising with you, the Tink Family will pass on the FEE. Now yesterday, I did buy stuff to take a crack at making one. I sew and saw them on a thread of people trying to locate them. I decided to buy the stuff, make it and then offer it to a DISer at cost. So I will see how it turns out.

It is nice meeting all of you and regardless, our family is in countdown mode to cruise.:hug:

oh no! Well, now we have something to anticipate in October.

I agree with the FE thing being crazy when people join up at the very end. I think we should make a cut off date of 1.5 months before the cruise in order to participate in the FE - that will get the lurkers to come out or they won't be able to do it. We had that in our last cruise, remember Tink, when the last two weeks we had 10 new families come out who admitted they'd been reading the posts for SIX MONTHS and never spoke up. We all felt really violated....

[

I'd rather you come on this cruise if you can!:banana:If not we'll stick to plan A.It's only 7 months from today! It's the 13th....I always felt that was a lucky number. Anybody superstitous? We're just coming from Florida, Orlando area so count me in for the FE. I'm going to try to make 3 for the family without any sewing....cut and paste if you know what I mean.
Anyone have any special plans for SM or St Thomas already?:dance3:

We kind of do the islands on our own. We are true beach bums and we like the locals and to shop at the little shops. I guess I like to barter.:lmao: So we usually just wing it ourselves.

Guess I never thought of the "13th" concept.:eek: We have nothing to worry about though, it is Saturday not Friday...... Rather for the 13th to be embarkation than disembarkment.... As long as everyone comes in the day prior, everything will be okay. :thumbsup2

Disney Nana, I will let you know how my attempt at the FE comes out. If it comes out okay, we may have to add to the goodies for you.... What are friends for?:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter