Manly Souvenir Suggestions for a Disney-Disliker

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Mom2aJessieGirl, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Mom2aJessieGirl

Mom2aJessieGirl DIS Veteran

Looking for souvenir suggestions!

My DD7 wants to take DH back a special souvenir (he's not going with us). In the past, we've taken him a DIY Droid from Tattoine Traders.

The only problem is the fact that he doesn't really like classic "disney" stuff (which is why he's not going with us). :rotfl:

I'm thinking DHS may be our best bet...with the Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar merchandise. Any suggestions for neat souvenirs to take a nerdy, computer-loving, iPhone toting, role-playing, intellectual? I'm trying to avoid the cliche coffee cup... :coffee:

Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tony609

tony609 "I've Gotta Show To Do"

A great photo of you two in a nice frame...or the Star Wars store has tons of shirts, photos that are pretty cool.

4. luvdisney77

luvdisney77 Mouseketeer

I bought my stepdad a beer stein from the shop in Germany at World Showcase in Epcot. He loved it!:thumbsup2

5. Disneychix

Disneychix When you wish upon a star...

Last year I got my DH one of those hats with the spanish monorail dialogue on it. He wears basecaps a lot and he liked that it was light weight for the summertime.

In DHS they had a lot of different hats-some without any disney 'characters' at all.

Or...food...can't go wrong with chocolates!

6. dsanner106

dsanner106 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

lots of things in the international gift shop at epcot, or perhaps a nice golf shirt?

D

7. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

I have an Indiana Jones leather hat that I actually wear, a beer mug and shot glass with the Welsh Griffin on both, guess where my folks came from? Also, we have a growing shotglass collection. The first two items arre available in WS, the hat at that Outpost thing, the mug and glass in/around Great Britian and the other shotglass in the various countries and all the other parks.

Bill From PA

8. Mom2aJessieGirl

Mom2aJessieGirl DIS Veteran

Y'alll are awesome. Beer steins? Shot glasses? How in the world did I overlook THOSE types of things!? :drinking1

9. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

We go without DH a lot. We usually bring him back a new ball cap or a polo style shirt. Those things he'll wear.

10. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

I would agree that WS is a great place to look for non-Disney items. I do a lot of Christmas shopping in WS and none of the items are Disney items. Also, try looking in the resort shops, especially at the deluxe resorts. They usually have a selection of men's items that aren't Disney.

If he's interested in Star Wars or Indiana Jones, then DHS is definitely the place to go.

It's really easier than you would think to get non-Disney items.

11. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I saw a big Jessica Rabbit statue in DTD.

All males love Jessica Rabbit :thumbsup2

12. Mike7468

Mike7468 Mouseketeer

Get him a grumpy shirt or something. If the shoe fits....

13. starrysky

starrysky DIS Veteran

DH bight a really nice shirt in the men's store at the GF. Otherwise I agree with the shot glasses there are loads both Disney and non Disney ones available.

If he likes sports there are loads if good things at team mickey in DTD such as engraved baseball bats

14. travelbug24

travelbug24 Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverag

When I saw the title of this thread - I immediately thought this is my husband. Everytime I go to Disney (30x without him) he gets something Grumpy.

15. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

I have the same problem! When I went in November, I brought DH a nice hockey shirt from the Canada store and a bottle of hot sauce from the Mexico pavillion.

16. MikeandReneePlus5

MikeandReneePlus5 DIS Veteran

In the back of the store in Japan by the real swords they have what I think are very cool mini-samurai sword letter openers.

17. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

Now, Now, you guys, WDW doesn't have shot glasses, they have toothpick holders! :rotfl2: The first time we saw them listed as that at WDW, I thought I was going to have to pick DH up off the floor he was laughing so hard.

If you want non-Disney stuff, the others are right, you will find lots of fun Non-Disney "toothpick" holders and other cool Non-Disney things in the shops in the World Showcase. DD has one of the Indiana Jones hats- from DL but I bet DHS has the same ones- they are pricey ($44 dollars for the kid size and a long story of how DD wound up with one at that price), but that is because they are really nice wool hats.

18. Mark The Shark

Mark The Shark Earning My Ears

There is a samurai sword umbrella at the Japan pavilion. I was so excited to buy it I nearly jumped out of my shoes.

19. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

If you're husband likes Nightmare Before Christmas they have some neat merch @ the gift shop of Tower of Terror.

20. MSaboCLBR

MSaboCLBR Earning My Ears

There is also a lot of ESPN branded stuff if you get over to the WWOS. They have a gift shop outside the front gate there so you do not need to enter the sports complex. Parking is free if you drive over there.

21. Kona65

Kona65 Taking it slow and easy!

Disney underwear that he can sleep in. TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2