Manginos????

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by LMO429, Sep 6, 2007.

1. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

I set my girls that are going on the trip with me a list of dining options from allears web page do get some feedback about where we should make ADRs

anyway one of them responded with Manginos??? I never heard of it?? anyone been there ????? thoughts??? is it worth going to shades of green for this

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. markºoº

markºoº DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Admits to wanting

Are they thinking of Maggiano's Little Italy on Internation Drive? This is a nice, upscale (from Olive Garden) Italian chain. Prices are a bit high but you get great portions so plan on eating family style.

4. LindyN

LindyN DIS Veteran

Skip it. Shades of Green is the military resort located on disney property. Food is ho-hum, and definitely not worth the trip. (We are military and I never eat at SoG, except for an occasional breakfast).

5. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

As LyndyN noted, Mangino's, a Tuscan Italian restaurant, is at Shades of Green -- which is an Armed Forces Recreation Center, not a Disney-operated resort.

See http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

It is not related to Maggiano's Little Italy.

6. tinkandpan

tinkandpan DIS Veteran

I don't believe you can even go if you are not military. I ate there once with my kids when I was sort of trapped at the resort... it was really awful IMO. It tasted like Olive Garden food

7. Melisa1

Melisa1 DIS Veteran

I LOVED Mangino's at Shades of Green!!! Very good food and great atmosphere.
    We are military as well and almost always stay at SOG. We have never had a bad meal there from The Garden Gallery to Evergreen's.:)

8. hildarumpole

hildarumpole DIS Veteran

My family loved Mangino's. We ate there 3 times during our trip in June. It's not a spaghetti and meatballs type of Italian restaurant, but more traditional. The veal marsala and linguine with clam sauce were fantastic. If you aren't an SOG guest, you'll have to show military ID to gain access to the resort property.

9. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

Perhaps some folks are confusing Mangino's with the Garden Gallery? There's no question that the Garden Gallery's food leaves much to be desired. Mangino's on the other hand is excellent. (Mangino's didn't even exist until the refurb/expansion of SOG.)

10. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

Great feedback - thanks! We're staying at SOG in three weeks and were trying to figure out dinner plans for the first night (we'll arrive at the resort at around 7:30 pm).

Some mixed reviews here, but we might give Mangino's a try. The earliest reservation we could get at Kona that night was 8:55 p.m.

Any other opinions about Mangino's out there?