Mandymouse's The Force Wasn't Quite With Us Trip Report

Wow - you packed a lot into that day - early start and late night for you!! Love all the drink pics though. I can't believe I've never had a lapu lapu!!

Another great day. I still love the Fantasyland rides and my dd (now 16) and DH always indulge me. Don't you just love the Cheescake factory. We went twice last July, but the second time the wait was around 90 minutes do we tried PF Changs next door and really enjoyed that too.

The Cheesecake Factory is always a must for us, we always have a nice meal and the price is reasonable too :)

Great report Mandy, really enjoying it :flower1:

Thanks hun :)

Wow - you packed a lot into that day - early start and late night for you!! Love all the drink pics though. I can't believe I've never had a lapu lapu!!

If you like Mai Tai's then I think you like Lapu Lapu's, Mmm all that rum !!! :)

Saturday 28th May

Ugh! after our late night last night, we were struggling a bit this morning lol. We got up around 9am and we all decided to just chill by the pool. The Computer Pool was closed for cleaning, so we headed towards the Hippy Dippy Pool for a few hours

After showering Paul & I went to the food court for some lunch. I had the sesame chicken followed by tie dye cheesecake and Paul had cheeseburger & fries

4DE12A02-77E6-4FA7-AF86-78FDA896068F_zpstktwgvka.jpg

C72B60BF-87EC-40A8-B02A-CF5693A8FAD3_zps8scglnut.jpg

After lunch we dropped Kerry & Becky at Disney Springs and Paul & I went to Wal-Mart and the Premium Outlets for one last look around

Later in the afternoon we had one last visit to Epcot. I wasn't feeling too good so I wasn't in the mood for too much alcohol, so just had a couple of ciders in the UK and a Rosa Regale in Italy

NMS_0817_zpsqueu5dlc.jpg

NMS_0818_zpsk7gz9qjc.jpg

NMS_0819_zpsoekbvmvr.jpg

99B22076-C9E6-4A43-B895-7E3702D55B7C_zps81xwzxus.jpg

B5FE8681-77BA-4FBE-87EA-FB4E120FF3D8_zpsx0wbgmfb.jpg

For dinner we had the chicken cutlet curry in Japan, then we slowly exited the park and returned to our room to do the depressing job of packing :(

7C1CDB78-EF12-4D80-A304-4E58334D2BB4_zpsxfe99rfw.jpg

We were all pretty shattered tonight so had an early night

Tomorrow ~ Heading Home :(

Sunday 29th May

We were up around 7am and got on with packing the last of our things. We left the room at 8.20 and less than 10 minutes later we were at the Virgin check-in at Disney Springs. As Paul & I had booked through Virgin Holidays, we could check-in for free, but as the girls hadn't, they were charged $10 each (though it was bank of mum & dad who stepped in and paid once again lol)

There was a short line, but by 8.50 we were driving away with boarding cards in hand and we were on our way to Disney Hollywood Studios. Our first FP for RnRC was between 9.30/10.30, so we decided to have a cake and drink, then we watched the 10.00 March of the First Order before heading to see Aerosmith

92458BB9-B7D1-4B76-AF92-826DB46CA5D7_zpsgmg9d9en.jpg

DSC_0474_zpsxgqrkch9.jpg

DSC_0475_zpswzv9uank.jpg

DSC_4028_zpswbly5yf3.jpg

E4B04C71-9CA6-4141-B081-86D5B550DA9D_zpsdquh8y3x.jpg

When we exited the ride it was time for our Tower of Terror FP. After 'dropping' into our room, we wandered through the shops to the other side of the park. We were a little early for our Star Tours FP, so we watched Muppetvision 3D to get out of the heat, then we rode Star Tours

DSC_0477_zpse4blxanx.jpg

DSC_4045_zpsw8nwpmnw.jpg

BF50D561-2CE4-4879-96A4-613F10FEA2CA_zpsdopcbpxb.jpg

We said goodbye to Walt Disney World :( and headed up International Drive to Dave & Buster's for a bit of lunch. Paul & I hadn't been here before, but the girls had been to the one in L.A. and had really enjoyed it, so we gave it a go

I had the sliders, 4 mini cheeseburgers, with sweet potato fries and frazzled onions, all of which was delish. Paul had the New York Strip, and Kerry had a double cheeseburger with mash. Becky’s order got mixed up and she ended up waiting a while, but she enjoyed her double cheeseburger and sweet potatoes too. It was all very nice and came to about $95 including tip

087976EC-E373-47CE-8BCF-DF45514C90A6_zpsy7u9hlxy.jpg

174A1F7E-EF1E-46F9-925B-D44709E26EC7_zpsf1owroya.jpg

1AF1E680-F7A9-482F-B10D-07ED4F2CB4B0_zpsysewr5jv.jpg

We then made our final leg to Orlando International. We bought a few things in the Disney Store landside, and as the line for security was very small, we made our way airside

Virgin were flying from gate 94 today, and as we got seated Jersey Girl arrived. It's at this time of the journey that we all wished we could be automatically transported home, we were tired and just wanted to be back home (or to find a few thousand dollars and stay .. I wish ;) )

9A2F7A68-D9DB-42A3-90D1-08E6ED4D8BB2_zpsbhamljwx.jpg

The time went quite quickly. We had some cakes and I had a latte from Starbucks and boarding began on time

My notes finished here, so nothing exciting was to be reported, as I know I pretty much slept all the way home without being disturbed by food or watching movies

Thank you so much for reading along and for leaving your lovely comments. Once I got home, my new work countdown went up on the fridge, and it is now 10 weeks till our next adventure which will be something completely different

7D0ED27A-CE34-4792-887E-1A3016206215_zps7hv5chjo.jpg

We are flying to Vancouver in September for a couple of nights, then we’ll be boarding the Carnival Legend for a 10 night cruise to Hawaii (eek ! so excited !). We will have two nights in Honolulu before flying to L.A. for a few days, honestly we all cannot wait. Also there will be 9 of us going, us 4, the girl’s best friend and her parents, and another one of their friends with her boyfriend .. IT’S GOING TO BE A BLAST !!!!

Last edited:

Awww...another trip report over. :guilty: It's so depressing when the holiday AND the trip report are both over with! :cool: I'm not surprised you were tired after that mammoth day the day before! Sounds like you packed it all in right up until the last minute as usual. :thumbsup2 Ah well, at least you have the fantastic Hawaii trip to look forward to!! :banana: I can't wait to hear all about it! That should be an epic trip report no doubt. ::yes::

A great report Mandy. We never seem to make it to a park on the last day :rolleyes:

Your next trip sounds awesome, is there a report planned for that?

I knew this was going to be good as soon as I saw the fun size t.g.i cocktails!!

Omg where did your daughter get her seashell boobs vest I love it.

I have serious cocktail envy,you seemed to pack so much in to your days and I have no idea how u managed such early starts.

Awww...another trip report over. :guilty: It's so depressing when the holiday AND the trip report are both over with! :cool: I'm not surprised you were tired after that mammoth day the day before! Sounds like you packed it all in right up until the last minute as usual. :thumbsup2 Ah well, at least you have the fantastic Hawaii trip to look forward to!! :banana: I can't wait to hear all about it! That should be an epic trip report no doubt. ::yes::

I know, it's great to re-live it again, thanks for commenting along with my posts Jenny :) wish we had something planned for the 4 of us, even a meet back over here again. Have you got any plans to come back to the UK in the future ? :)

A great report Mandy. We never seem to make it to a park on the last day :rolleyes:

Your next trip sounds awesome, is there a report planned for that?

Yes there will be a trip report as there will be a little Disney-ness in it when we visit Disneyland :)

I knew this was going to be good as soon as I saw the fun size t.g.i cocktails!!

Omg where did your daughter get her seashell boobs vest I love it.

I have serious cocktail envy,you seemed to pack so much in to your days and I have no idea how u managed such early starts.

Kerry said she got the vest from Ebay. LOL, I think every trip should begin with ultimate cocktails from TGI's ;)

I know, it's great to re-live it again, thanks for commenting along with my posts Jenny :) wish we had something planned for the 4 of us, even a meet back over here again. Have you got any plans to come back to the UK in the future ?

Sadly, no we don't have any plans to come back again right now. :( With Mum staying over here so much longer this time it's left a short year for visiting! I need more holiday! 3 weeks off work every year is really a stretch when you are trying to pack in the hols! One of these years we will get our act together, I actually looked into flights to see if we could get a cheap deal to Orlando and just meet you at WDW for a day or so, but the flights were ridiculous. :crazy2: I'm thinking that may be the next thing, we just hook up for a night or so one time when you are on this side of the pond. :thumbsup2

Ahh I've enjoyed your report it was like extending my own holiday! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii too so will be looking out for that one later in the year!

Great report as usual hon, had a lovley hour just reading it all in one go. Roll on September, Cant wait for that one:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Feb report Mandy, thanks for sharing. Your September trip sounds fabulous.

Sadly, no we don't have any plans to come back again right now. :( With Mum staying over here so much longer this time it's left a short year for visiting! I need more holiday! 3 weeks off work every year is really a stretch when you are trying to pack in the hols! One of these years we will get our act together, I actually looked into flights to see if we could get a cheap deal to Orlando and just meet you at WDW for a day or so, but the flights were ridiculous. :crazy2: I'm thinking that may be the next thing, we just hook up for a night or so one time when you are on this side of the pond. :thumbsup2

It looks like we'll be heading back to Florida next May, with maybe sailing on the Oasis of the Seas or Allure of the Seas as they're so much cheaper than the Disney Fantasy, so plenty of time to check out any cheap flights ... fingers crossed :)

Ahh I've enjoyed your report it was like extending my own holiday! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii too so will be looking out for that one later in the year!

Thank you :)

Great report as usual hon, had a lovley hour just reading it all in one go. Roll on September, Cant wait for that one:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Thanks Ms Mod, September can't come quick enoough :)

Feb report Mandy, thanks for sharing. Your September trip sounds fabulous.

Thanks Claire :)

What a lovely report thanks for taking the time to post and keeping it all in one thread. I hope my kids still want to holiday with us in their 20's. My 15 year old still does but my 17 year old lad claims to be 'over Disney'

Great trip report :)

some fab pictures there :teeth:

Thanks Nicky :)

What a lovely report thanks for taking the time to post and keeping it all in one thread. I hope my kids still want to holiday with us in their 20's. My 15 year old still does but my 17 year old lad claims to be 'over Disney'

Thank you :) Our girls have holidayed without us for the past 4 or 5 years, but luckily we have two big holidays with them this year :)

great report as always, and was fab to catch up again, Pete and I had a great time :sunny:

great report as always, and was fab to catch up again, Pete and I had a great time :sunny:

Thanks Rachel, it was lovely to meet up with you and Pete too ::yes:: Wish we were sitting in Italy with a Prosecco or two being driven bonkers by this guy right NOW !!! :)

E38177D9-D22B-44FE-8507-01B205B5C02C_zpsvlokrtza.jpg

Reactions: jjk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!