Mandymouse's Fantastic Fantasy Cruise .. and then another one (Complete)

Oh dear what a pair you are. Hope tomorrow brings better news on the sickness front.

Just catching up with your report Mandy..

Your Mixology class was so different from ours on the Magic.. I hope that they do it like that next time.

Shame you were both feeling unwell.

Sorry to hear that you both were not feeling well Mandy.

We once did a cruise that Rick spent most of the time in the cabin not feeling well either.

That does not make for a fun vacation.

Being sick on holiday is no fun. I don't know if it's bad you were both sick, or sort of lucky? :confused3 At least one person wasn't keeping the other one from doing something they wanted to do...that's they way we looked at it. :goodvibes You will just have to book another cruise back to San Juan sometime. ;)

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well - it's such a frustrating feeling. Hopefully you got better quickly :)

Hi Mandy only just saw your trip report and was so thrilled to be able to share your Trip I'm just so sorry you both got ill, went to Italy in feb and my daughter and myself both got ill the night before we left OMG !! don't want to go into to much detail but not pretty . Anyway can't wait to read more Thanks for taking the time to share with us .:thumbsup2
Cornish Pixie:goodvibes

Aww hon, cant believe you were both poorly, what a shame you had to miss the Bacardi factory:flower3:

Your photos are fantastic, cant wait to read more:goodvibes

Sounds like you still had a nice day despite feeling poorly

Hopefully your day at sea gave you both chance to rest and recover :)

Oh dear, what a pair of sickies you are :sick: I suppose you were lucky they didn't quarantine you ;)

Beautiful sunset pictures, hope you both recover soon :goodvibes

What a shame that you were both poorly and that you missed out on the trip to the Bacardi factory. I loved Daisy's pirate costume.

Corinna

Thursday 25th April

I woke around 7.30am and felt a lot better (yay!), I got showered, sorted out my book and iPod and was ready for a morning of sunbathing as it was a be-oot-iful day at sea (as Brent the Cruise Director would say). I grabbed a latte at the Cove Cafe which was free as I'd had my card stamped 5 times and we headed up to top deck. It was so nice out, not too hot at all, and we enjoyed a lazy lie out for a few hours

Before long it was lunch time, so we headed to Cabanas. I had some parsnip soup, some chicken and some veggies, then a small plate of red Thai chicken curry, Paul had some chicken and chips and a bit of steak, there was so much to choose from and it wasn't long till we were full to bursting

We had a very chilled afternoon where we would relax in our room or had a Bahama Mama or two at the Cove Bar and had fun watching the kiddies disco in the Atrium

DSC00459_zps67bcce28.jpg

DSC00460_zpsbddf0c08.jpg

View from our virtual porthole

DSC00463_zps12eb189e.jpg

Our 'Roaming Mickey', a new idea on the DIS, a door magnet that is sent around the ship and you can leave a message on

This evening we had a reservation for Palo at 6.30pm. We got showered and changed and as we were a little early for our ressie, we had a drink in the Meridian Lounge. Once we were taken though to Palo, we were seated in a booth and once again Olivera was our server

DSC00465_zps3149b0c1.jpg

DSC00466_zpsa5eebc63.jpg

DSC00467_zps7b71cc55.jpg

DSC00469_zps3e0c2cfb.jpg

DSC00471_zpsc5ef0414.jpg

We had a lovely meal, to start we were given breads and a plate of anti-pasti. I ordered mozzarella and tomato to start and Paul had a small portion of the ravioli and we ordered a bottle of Asti Martini

DSC00472_zps2ccd1f81.jpg

DSC00473_zps72aa36d6.jpg

DSC00474_zpsb40eda19.jpg

Next came a sorbet mouth cleanser

DSC00475_zps45dec650.jpg

For our main I had the rack of lamb, and Paul had the beef tenderloin Palo with red wine

DSC00476_zps5ddb639c.jpg

DSC00477_zpsb8b00f6d.jpg

For dessert I had Tiramisu (of course) and Paul had Panna Cotta

DSC00479_zps1d2132ea.jpg

DSC00481_zpsb4b44b8f.jpg

DSC00482_zpsa769c5b8.jpg

DSC00483_zps56e25f48.jpg

And we finished off with their vodka/limoncello drink. It really was a lovely meal and evening too

DSC00484_zps1b6e0b6d.jpg

As we were leaving Palo, we noticed two of our tablemates, Terri & Jimmy eating there too, so we stopped by for a quick chat

We popped back to the room to change into something less tight lol, then we went to La Piazza to see Alisha and have a couple of Bahama Mamas, then we called it a night

DSC00486_zpsd6abf4d2.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Castaway Cay

Just read this through in one go :goodvibes wow, how exciting to be on a B2B cruise, what a lovely feeling it will be on disembarkation day knowing you've got another seven days! :cloud9:

Glad to see you're both feeling better, I've just had my breakfast yet I've still been drooling over that Palo brunch food!

And no, I don't think you're weird for not advertising the fact that you're going away, I'm always telling my DDs not to post too much info about holidays on facebook as you never know who's reading it!

Lovely dress you had on in Palo. Glad you were better and could enjoy the meal.

So glad you were both feeling better and able to enjoy the day & Palo. That dress looks really good on you. :thumbsup2 I love that lemon & vodka drink they bring in Palo - sort of like a Grey Goose slushie but better. ::yes::

Love your Palo dress Mandy. So glad you were both feeling better. Yay, Castaway Cay next - Serenity Bay :cloud9:

I am glad that you were feeling better. I love the dress you wore to Palo and dinner looked great.

Corinna

Ive only just found your trip report but have enjoyed reading it. :)

Its a shame you were both ill but sounds like you still made the most of your time so far.

Fab pictures :thumbsup2

Another fan of your dress Mandy :)

What a perfect sea day you had, lots of relaxing and yummy food and drink

Looking at your pics again, how was Paul feeling? He looks like he doesn't feel great, I'm sure he was still feeling his cold. :crazy2: You, on the other hand, look really good! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter