manchester airport

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by kerstfan1, Oct 16, 2009.

1. kerstfan1

kerstfan1 DIS Veteran

can someone tell me how this airport is as i might be having a stopover here
    if the ba flights from gatwick to amsterdm dont change

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Danauk

Danauk <font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio

I like this airport, I have flown from there a few times including this past August. The airport is nice and clean and the facilities are good (we have access to one of the airport lounges which is nice). Before our flight we like to stay over at the Hilton hotel next to the terminal which has nice facilities and is very convenient.

4. kerstfan1

kerstfan1 DIS Veteran

ty for the advice

5. castanea1985

castanea1985 40 years of flying over the pond, and yes, I start

Hi, we fly from Manchester on every trip as its our nearest international airport.

Usually the scheduled US flights go from Terminal 2, which has only recently had a refurbishment. It has all the usual shops and duty free stores.

If you are needing a hotel, the Radisson is the best placed, as its right next to Terminal 2 and is linked by a modern glass walkway.
    The train station is also nearby, again linked by this glass walkway.

Hope this helps?

Tracy xx

6. kerstfan1

kerstfan1 DIS Veteran

ty i wont be needing a hotel as i would be arriving from amsterdam early in the morning and then on to orlando

7. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

We also like Manchester airport. Also like the Radisson - very convenient if you panic about shuttles arriving late to drop you off!

8. smokey

smokey Earning My Ears

We are staying at the Radisson soon. Am I right that there is now no where to eat except for hotel restaurants. I believe everything has been moved post check in. Is this right?