Man banned from Disney World for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he will be back..disney wont be able to keep him out ..maybe post a picture of him around all the parks:rotfl2:

I have watched AdamTheWoo for a while and it sucks that he was banned from Disney. He did some really great videos behind the scenes.

While I think a lifetime ban was a bit much, I think the whole thing is silly.
There are a bazillion people at Disney World every day. I'm sure it about impossible to be noticed. I think Disney is just setting a precedent. They want others to know it's a big deal. In a year, no one will remember what he looks like and they most certainly won't be looking for him. :confused3

I remember reading he was fingerprinted and with the finger scans at the turnstiles no one probably needs to recognize him, the scanner should read his print and know who he is. No?

ETA: I really think Disney is trying to send a message. Adam the Woo wasn't the only one filming things he wasn't supposed to. I have seen a couple other videos backstage and one where the person hung around somehow at closing and filmed an attraction with the lights on. I think it was getting out of hand and to the point where Disney needed to set an example.

I wish they could get tougher on people who cut lines or change diapers on the restaurant tables. In fact the last one should be included in the banned for life club.

OMG! I completely agree!!! I have seen that way too many times. :furious:

It is rude to change it in the stroller in the middle of the restraunt too.

Poop belongs in the bathroom.

Friendly Frog said:
OMG! I completely agree!!! I have seen that way too many times. :furious:

It is rude to change it in the stroller in the middle of the restraunt too.

Poop belongs in the bathroom.

OMG - that is just totally gross ( & the restaurant allows them too? )
I think if I was a diner - I would say something . Yuk. :)

I remember reading he was fingerprinted and with the finger scans at the turnstiles no one probably needs to recognize him, the scanner should read his print and know who he is. No?

The scans aren't fingerprint recognition but take biometric measurements of the finger to verify the same person is using the ticket every entry. The guy will never be able to stay in a Disney property with his family or take a Disney cruise but it would be pretty easy for him to buy a paper ticket in cash or have someone purchase it for him and then use cash only in the parks.

Which brings up with the RFid bands how do they know the correct person entered the park on it?

I foresee plastic surgey and a court date for a name change in his future, lol.

While I agree that what he did was totally wrong (it is akin to going into the back warehouse of a store and videotaping what they have staged for black Friday or something....just not kosher in the business world).

But....if I were him, I'd fight it. He's right that he got no notice to "cease and desist" and his videos appear to have been posted for quite sometime, so it's not like they haven't known for a while. A cease letter would have put him on notice and made Disney's legal standing much stronger.

but....plastic surgey and a name change will probably be cheaper than fighting Disney in court, lol.

I foresee plastic surgey and a court date for a name change in his future, lol.

While I agree that what he did was totally wrong (it is akin to going into the back warehouse of a store and videotaping what they have staged for black Friday or something....just not kosher in the business world).

But....if I were him, I'd fight it. He's right that he got no notice to "cease and desist" and his videos appear to have been posted for quite sometime, so it's not like they haven't known for a while. A cease letter would have put him on notice and made Disney's legal standing much stronger.

but....plastic surgey and a name change will probably be cheaper than fighting Disney in court, lol.

Who would you fight it with? Disney court? The guy has no legal standing to fight it. As for Disney's legal standing...It's a private company. They can refuse entry to anyone they want.

Who would you fight it with? Disney court? The guy has no legal standing to fight it. As for Disney's legal standing...It's a private company. They can refuse entry to anyone they want.

Yeah...except that the law says that you can't ban someone from an establishment that the rest of the world is allowed to go without due cause (meaning notice why they alone are being rejected.....has a lot to do with discrimination laws usually but there is an argument for it in this case). Yes, he did things he wasn't supposed to do, but legally he does have some recourse....they knew he was doing it for quite some time and did nothing....so in essence he could argue that they consented by not telling him he was doing something wrong.

I know....stupid laws, stupid lawyers....but hey, that's what people pay us for.

I doubt he'll bother because it would be a very expensive fight because Disney would have to defend their position vehemently to prevent more idiots...errr...Defendants from going up against them. Plastic surgey and a legal name change would be a better, less expensive option, lol.

And....the PP was right....with all the thousands of people going through the turnstiles everyday, and the CM turnover, the chances are that he can get in without anyone knowing. Now...an AP might be a bit trickier, but this guy already does things illegally so why not have someone else buy it and use it himself....the fingerprint scan is not actually a scan, it's an algorithm that simply takes measurements and keeps track of whether the same finger is used.....you and I could have the same scan code and use each others tickets, but they're banking on the fact that we don't know that and most people will be different so it's not like I can look for someone with my same birthdate and switch tickets....because we don't know our code to compare it to others.

Disney could have also turned this guy over to the local LE but for a first offense he'd get a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine (not that it's the first time he's done it, it's just the first time he's been arrested/caught). But....catch him again in a restricted area....wellllll he'd need a good lawyer to keep the punishment from being a bit more harsh. But...since they didn't involve the police/court, if he can find another way in, and gets caught, it still becomes a first offense as far as the legal system is concerned.

I'll say it again....stupid laws, stupid lawyers. Our legal system has so many loopholes and just plain holes, that the average common-sense type person has a lot of trouble understanding how it works......and in the circle of life, lol....that's why there are lawyers, who made the stupid laws work the way they do, so you have to hire them. And around and around.

Since he was tresspassing and broadcasting potential trade secrets, Disney can petition the courts for a PNG (persona non grata). Schools, universities and private businesses take these out against people all the time. Especially businesses in the entertainment industry (bars, restaurants, venues, etc...).

Just more of the self absorbed not following the rules. Can be applied to many situations in society today. Same story as scaling buildings and parachuting off. Me me me me. Disney did the right thing, but this just encourages others. No real penalty he will sneak in again.

Since he was tresspassing and broadcasting potential trade secrets, Disney can petition the courts for a PNG (persona non grata). Schools, universities and private businesses take these out against people all the time. Especially businesses in the entertainment industry (bars, restaurants, venues, etc...).

yes, but from the article I read Disney didn't take any proper legal steps. Disney is big...but they are not a law unto themselves. I'm not saying this guy was right, not at all, just that Disney didn't handle it in a way that would stand up in court, at least not from the article (who knows what was left out of the article!).

They're banking on the fact that this guy doesn't know the law....and that he's probably a bit scared at being caught, and blah blah....he'll just accept his punishment and either find another way to get in (likely) or never visit a Disney park again (unlikely). Still saying plastic surgery is something for him to consider, lol.

Actually, you'd be amazed at how many things large corporations do that ordinary citizens just accept.....when in reality the law doesn't agree with the large corporations. But, folks don't know the law (and believe me it's way to complicated for an average Joe to even try.....just keeping up with the changes is a full time job, lol). And, most times, like with this case, the average person thinks Disney is in the right....and morally, yeah, they really are, so the people accept it because it fits their mores. But, as we're seeing more and more this generation doesn't seem to have the same mores as us old folks....so a lot of things are being challenged as "right and wrong" are being redefined.

yes, but from the article I read Disney didn't take any proper legal steps. Disney is big...but they are not a law unto themselves. I'm not saying this guy was right, not at all, just that Disney didn't handle it in a way that would stand up in court, at least not from the article (who knows what was left out of the article!).

They're banking on the fact that this guy doesn't know the law....and that he's probably a bit scared at being caught, and blah blah....he'll just accept his punishment and either find another way to get in (likely) or never visit a Disney park again (unlikely). Still saying plastic surgery is something for him to consider, lol.

Actually, you'd be amazed at how many things large corporations do that ordinary citizens just accept.....when in reality the law doesn't agree with the large corporations. But, folks don't know the law (and believe me it's way to complicated for an average Joe to even try.....just keeping up with the changes is a full time job, lol). And, most times, like with this case, the average person thinks Disney is in the right....and morally, yeah, they really are, so the people accept it because it fits their mores. But, as we're seeing more and more this generation doesn't seem to have the same mores as us old folks....so a lot of things are being challenged as "right and wrong" are being redefined.

With all due respect Connie........your own statement is the point and the reason no one trust the laws or lawyers. The laws are not about what is right or just, but how can they be distorted. They twist the laws for their own purposes.

I know....stupid laws, stupid lawyers....but hey, that's what people pay us for.

This guy did what he wasn't supposed to and he knew it.........its not a race or other discrimination issue, its one perosn who thought he was above the rules. He got caught and got just what he deserved.:thumbsup2

But lets be honest here.....Disney used the law as well...........they know is very easy to get on property and I am sure are more interested in him and others not doing the same things again. However now they have the ability to press more serious charges.

AKK

Man, this thread has really taken on a life of its own.

I decided that before I commented on this, I would look into Adam's videos and see what this kid was all about. I'm not going to comment on the rights and wrongs and who's an idiot and all of that, but, what I will say is at the end of the day he came across to me (in his video filed the day after his removal) as someone who was truly sorry for what he had done and took his lumps and held no ill will towards Disney in any way.

Adam seems to have been a huge fan of Disney for the last 30 years and although he did, certainly, break the rules, I can't say that he comes across as someone who did it with any ill will towards anyone, rather, he took his curiosity a lot further than any of us would.

It seems to me that many people, in his position, would take aim at Disney and consider them as enemy #1 for what has transpired....that is not the case. He took full responsibily and seemed very sad for his loss.

I, for one, enjoyed his videos and will continue to watch them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Disney was in the right to do what they did, however Adam brings a lot of attention to WDW, good attention. He's never hurt anyone or anything, only taken us to places we've never seen. I think a warning would have been more appropriate.

That isn't good attention. WDW is the last place on earth in need of attention.

This guy isn't an idiot, he is far worse. What he does is illegal and dangerous. What is worse is that this scheme to get attention and make money is packaged as reasonable entertainment. It isn't. And it encourages young people watching to do the same. If he shows up again, he should get jail time. They should also sue to get the videos removed.

He certainly deserves the title "entitled jerk" - actually worse, but I had to edit it for DIS standards. "The rules don't apply to me" entitlement attitude galls me. No you are not any more special than others.

Banned for life is way less harsh than a jail sentence.

Backstage looks like the receiving area of every mall everywhere: really nothing special. Just think of the hullabaloo if that yahoo was injured somehow while sneaking around? He is lucky Disney was so polite: try sneaking around inside any other business, and go to jail and get fined big bucks.

Forgive me if somebody already said something to this effect:

In Fla the crime is not actual trespass but Trespass after Warning. The warning could be by notarized form, custodial authority (security, manager, etc. ), or by signage. However, all methods of notice have stipulations.

Never the less, since Adam has now been given a written Trespass Notice which I can only assume was notarized and delivered by an Orange County Sheriff's Deputy, the crime of trespass can actually be committed.

Zombie thread!

I like Adam the Woo. I think that Disney was way too harsh but of course YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!