Man arrested with two hand guns at DLP Hotel

Well its well known the middle east radical terrorists have no issue with wrapping a bomb around their own kids, any kids and set them off to blow up who ever they can.

The -parent permit this as they are paid for it.

AKK
News reports say the man is european.

Well its well known the middle east radical terrorists have no issue with wrapping a bomb around their own kids, any kids and set them off to blow up who ever they can.

The -parent permit this as they are paid for it.

AKK

I know. But it's still hard to comprehend & it's incredibly sad:sad1:.

Oh my! I hope this is an isolated incident involving one yahoo and not a larger group of bad guys who are making Disney their next target. :(

I thought it odd that the security check was at the hotel, not the park. Is this common in France? I've never seen an x-ray machine at a hotel check-in before.

The way I took it is that it was at the hotel checkpoint before you enter the park, like in Disneyland California where you can enter DCA from the Grand Californian?

Definitely glad we have metal detectors at DL and WDW here!

Of course, they are random, and they keep sending kids away from the metal detectors (at least at DL), but I suppose their presence makes people feel safer. And they don't put bags through the detectors. So I'm not sure what's being accomplished there.

What ever it takes to keep our families safe!

AKK

I'm going to have to disagree with that. I'm not up for "whatever", not at all.

Are they going to start searching your bags as well? How about your car?
According to the article, they already are searching bags at the hotel (with the x-ray machine). That's what was so unusual to me (an American)

The way I took it is that it was at the hotel checkpoint before you enter the park, like in Disneyland California where you can enter DCA from the Grand Californian?
Based on a map, the hotel isn't attached to the park. Here's what I'm looking at: http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/hotels/map/#/id=disneys-hotel-new-york/

It really does seem like they have TSA-like security just to go in and out of a hotel. Perhaps it's new after the recent mass terror attacks.

I thought it odd that the security check was at the hotel, not the park. Is this common in France? I've never seen an x-ray machine at a hotel check-in before.

Is it odd that they do security checks at a resort? Is that coming down the pike for US park resort too?

Security check points at the hotel?

Are they going to start searching your bags as well? How about your car?

To answer all the above quoted posts.

There are 6 onsite hotels at Disneyland Paris. The Disneyland Hotel is above the entrance turnstyles to the main park, and all the rest are on the far side of Disney Village (Downtown Disney)

All of the hotels have 2 entrances, one on the carpark side and one on Disney property side. On the carpark side of each hotel there is a bag check scanner where all arriving guests have to have their bags checked. This is where the guns were discovered at Hotel New York. There is another bag check scanner when you go into Disney Village from the hotel side. There is also a bag check scanner at the park entrance which anyone coming from the train station area. None of this is new, I was last in Disneyland Paris in December 2013 and this was what I saw back then

crazy world we live in these days.....i for one hope they continue to beef up security at disneyworld
I agree.

My CM friend, along with 23 other WDW CMs, was recently flown to Paris to perform in a NYE event. We had been assured the highest level of security was in place. Not knowing exactly what that entailed, everyone who traveled trusted they would be safe. In a weird way, it's comforting to now know that all luggage was screened at the hotels but also alarming that these two people actually were inside a Disney resort.

The highest level of security steps are in place at the DLP park entrances. The WDW CMs' official IDs were highly scrutinized by more than one CM before they were allowed to enter the parks. During their 10 day stay, nothing was amiss at the parks and at the NYE events, thankfully.

According to the article, they already are searching bags at the hotel (with the x-ray machine). That's what was so unusual to me (an American)

Based on a map, the hotel isn't attached to the park. Here's what I'm looking at: http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/hotels/map/#/id=disneys-hotel-new-york/

It really does seem like they have TSA-like security just to go in and out of a hotel. Perhaps it's new after the recent mass terror attacks.

The hotels ARE on Disney property. Its not new , the bag checks and scanners were there when I was there in December 2013. They are just more vigilant now and people are noticing them more due to the attacks before Christmas.

This is a map of Disneyland Paris. I have marked with stars where the bag check scanners are. Basically its at every point where you enter Disney property.

dlp_zpseaim9kzy.jpg

What's a "low caliber handgun?"
When it comes to guns, it seems that journalists want to sensationalize a story without it seeming sensationalized. So they use words they've heard associated with guns, without any real understanding of them. "low caliber" seems to me, it was probably 9mm... the most common caliber in the world. Having a gun, a box of ammo, and a holy book does not make someone a terrorist. Though, with tensions like they are in Europe, particularly in France, I can understand the anxiety.

The fact that he offered no resistance in his arrest tells me a lot more than most of the other words in the various articles.

Very helpful. Out of curiosity, if you parked at Hotel New York and decided to go into the park, would you go through 3 security checks? Looks that way from the map, but seems extraordinary.

Big contrast to WDW. For example, the contemporary is on Disney property and you can walk to MK, but no metal detector or bag check til you get to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter