Mamma Mia

Go see it.

Even you Mindy.....or I will follow you around that cruise ship singing Waterloo for four days.

...she couldn't escape if she wanted to.....

The location where they filmed it (Greece) was breathtaking. :goodvibes I really love Meryl Streep. I could watch her wallpaper a room and find it enjoyable. :love: Definitely, two thumbs up! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Okay, tell you what...because of what cocowum says, I'll go and see it. I love to watch things filmed in Greece, I love Meryl Streep, so I'll watch...but I'll be wearing my sound-cancelling earbuds, for sure!

(Looks like I'll be wearing them on the cruise, too...)

Hey Kevin, thanks for letting us know what you thought of Mama Mia. I look forward to seeing it. I wasn't impressed with Wall E either, it felt very drawn out to me too. I kept trying to read my watch to see how much time was left.

I'll go see Dark Knight first. Then I'll see Journey to the Center of the Earth, then Hellboy, then the Incredible Hulk, then Hancock, then even Baby Mama, before I go see Mamma Mia.

Have I ever said how much I detest Abba?

:rotfl: So funny-the Baby Mama pushed me over the edge.:lmao: I am hoping to see it soon- i like a little mindless entertainment once and a while and would see it for Pierce and Colin alone.:yay:

Thanks everyone! Tonight is double feature night for us. 2 movies in an evening. A 5:00 ish, 7:30 ish. popcorn and candy for dinner!....

My pick will be Mama Mia and DH picked the Dark Knight.

Heck when it is over 100 degrees outside...two Movies in A/C and a light dinner sounds fine to me!

I'll go see Dark Knight first. Then I'll see Journey to the Center of the Earth, then Hellboy, then the Incredible Hulk, then Hancock, then even Baby Mama, before I go see Mamma Mia.

Have I ever said how much I detest Abba?

Mindy - You probably wouldn't want to stay in this hotel then.....

P1000008.jpg

maybe i'll see mamma mia when it comes out on DVD..
but i can't imagine it being anything but painful.....
i totally hate waterloo and the rest of abba's "music" :rolleyes: ....

i just noticed that Mindy also detests abba - i knew i liked her...:love:

maybe i'll see mamma mia when it comes out on DVD..
but i can't imagine it being anything but painful.....
i totally hate waterloo and the rest of abba's "music" :rolleyes: ....

i just noticed that Mindy also detests abba - i knew i liked her...:love:

Ahhh, another woman with a modicum of taste!:snooty:

Well, we just got back from the movie. As a movie, it was pretty good. However, (I am a purist), it did not hold a candle to the broadway show. Meryl Streep, her 2 friends and the 3 men were simply to old. They couldn't sing. The movie would have been much better if they'd cast the orginal Broadway players. They also missed some great dialog from the show.

If I'd never seen it on Broadway, then I'd probably love the movie. But I have, so the movie is just "OK" in my book.

We downloaded the soundtrack and DD and I having been singing Dancing Queen over and over for hours. :lmao: :lmao: (Sorry Mindy;) I think DH is ready to strangle us:teeth:)

Anyway I gotta tell ya, I have this incredible urge to put on Satin shorts and go roller skating. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roller skating on the cruise?!?! Cool!!

My Gf wants to see Mamma Mia... I'm stalling for the DVD/Blu Ray. Though I *do* like ABBA (sorry, too, Mindy ;)) I can't see spending over $30 to see it in the theater....like we did Dark Knight (Which was suh-WEET!!!) :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Roller skating on the cruise?!?! Cool!!

My Gf wants to see Mamma Mia... I'm stalling for the DVD/Blu Ray. Though I *do* like ABBA (sorry, too, Mindy ;)) I can't see spending over $30 to see it in the theater....like we did Dark Knight (Which was suh-WEET!!!) :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We had free tickets. If your GF uses any PONDS products there is a promo going on. :thumbsup2 http://www.ponds.com/MM_iframev2.aspx

Mamma Mia really was a wonderful film. I went by myself (the only guy in the place). It was pure Cheesey fun, and the beauty of it was that the film knew exactly what it was. There were no hidden messages and pretentious dialouge and apart from Peirce Brosnan thesinging was great. I think Julie Walters should get an Academy Award for "best actor falling out of a rubber boat" (I cried with laughter). The scenery and locations were gorgeous. And similar to Kevin's screening an often reserved and lofty London audience erupted into a surreal dance for the last few credit songs! A rare treat.:banana:

Just got in from it...a mother/daughter outing for my mom's 65th and WE LOVED IT! The theatre was sold out, everyone was singing along at the end and we bought the cd (or rather my mom did...I may download it) on the way out.

I agree about Pierce Bronson never singing in public again ...... :scared1:

In honor of the new podcast direction I gotta say...I'm much to "butch" for Mama Mia. I've seen all the comic/superhero movies of the summer and even suffered thru Wall-e (just okay for me). I don't think I can pull of actually watching Mama Mia. A guys gotta draw the line somewhere, mine was Sex and the City and Mama Mia. :dance3:

DH was dreading having to go and see Mamma Mia with me...luckily for him, my sister called me at the last minute today and asked if I wanted to see it with her! I just got home from it...

It was pretty cheesy & predictable, but it was fun! I really enjoyed it! I was pleasantly surprised by Meryl Streep's voice when she sang The Winner Takes It All!

I don't think the actors were too old...seemed just about right for having a 20 year old daughter! But that's just my opinion...Meryl Streep did a wonderful job! :thumbsup2

And James Bond should NOT sing. :eek:

Ahhh, another woman with a modicum of taste!:snooty:

so i won't admit to what music i do like.....:rolleyes1

Mamma Mia really was a wonderful film. I went by myself (the only guy in the place). It was pure Cheesey fun, and the beauty of it was that the film knew exactly what it was. There were no hidden messages and pretentious dialouge and apart from Peirce Brosnan thesinging was great. I think Julie Walters should get an Academy Award for "best actor falling out of a rubber boat" (I cried with laughter). The scenery and locations were gorgeous. And similar to Kevin's screening an often reserved and lofty London audience erupted into a surreal dance for the last few credit songs! A rare treat.:banana:

that london audience probably watches the eurovision as well....(i watch what's his names broadcast - terry wogan?, but i managed to keep myself away from the television this year - got my masochism under control)...

that london audience probably watches the eurovision as well....(i watch what's his names broadcast - terry wogan?, but i managed to keep myself away from the television this year
Eurovision is something I am not proud of in anyway or form. We even have a Eurovision Musical opening in the West End called "Eurobeats". As for Terry Wogan he is a treasure and the only decent thing about that show. As you know the rest of Europe doesn't like England, so we never win (even though our songs tend to be the better one). nil points! Im sorry that this is a bit :offtopic::cutie: :scared: !

Eurovision is something I am not proud of in anyway or form. We even have a Eurovision Musical opening in the West End called "Eurobeats". As for Terry Wogan he is a treasure and the only decent thing about that show. As you know the rest of Europe doesn't like England, so we never win (even though our songs tend to be the better one). nil points! Im sorry that this is a bit :offtopic::cutie: :scared: !

i mentioned eurovision because that's where abba began....when they won the eurovision in the early 70's (with waterloo? i can't remember - i think it was waterloo)..
i really can't abide their music...just reading the titles in this thread, i can hear their music playing in my head and it's like bamboo shoots under my fingernails..

anyway, the mention of eurovision was because that's where abba got their start......i think it was in 1974 - i remember watching it...i thought they sucked then too.....

listening to a whole movie's worth of their music would probably drive me to drink....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter