Mamma Melrose

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ryanshana, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ryanshana

ryanshana DIS Veteran

I was reading a post somewhere and it was saying that Mamma Melrose was horrible. I have an ADR for there....anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

We had dinner there once and did not like the food at all, had lunch there last summer and it was pretty good

4. MHSweb79

MHSweb79 DIS Veteran

We had terrible, cold food the one time we've eaten there (two years ago) but many, many people love it. On that same trip, we had a fantastic meal at Tony's Town Square, which many many people hate. So there's no way of knowing for sure. :confused3
    For more detailed opinions, go to allears.net and click on "rate & review." You can read what hundreds of people say about Mama Melrose and make your own decision.

5. Silver Queen

Silver Queen DIS Veteran

We had dinner there in April, 2008 and were very pleased (and we're Italian). We had the Fantasmic! dinner package.

6. irunnoft

irunnoft I'm What Willis Was Talkin' 'Bout!!!!

I've eaten there every year for the past five years. It's been great every time. I wouldn't continue to go there if they were serving us Alpo, either. No offense to the OP, but these threads really never helped me out when I was asking the question due to the fact that you will hear from some people that they love Mama Melrose's and you'll hear from people who said they hated it. In the end, I always felt just as confused whenever I'd post a question like this. You'll get the same answers from people regardless of the restaurant, too. For instance, some people love the Sci-Fi Dine In. I was fed dog food there and will never go back. Some people go there year after year and others, like myself, avoid it at all costs.

7. hildarumpole

hildarumpole DIS Veteran

We ate there 2 weeks ago and had a fantastic time. Food was great and service was excellent. They even had performers visit the tables during our meal. It was a fading starlet and a movie producer. They were hilarious.

8. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

My entire family have been here many of times . We always loved our food.
    I say try it once and see what you like.

9. wdisnyw

wdisnyw Earning My Ears

i agree with roedisney

10. inmyis

inmyis Disney Dude and Diva

Well, While every experience is different........we have tried MM twice in the last couple of years and both times the food was not great and theservice wasn't much better.

We all may not entirely agree, but when there are a large amount of poor reviews, it seems that those who do have an enjoyable time are lucky indeed.;)

11. Kelblum

Kelblum DIS Veteran

We have eaten at MM twice and were very pleased both times. We did not have any problems at all. We would go back again.

12. MissMinnie

MissMinnie <font color=green>Proud New Jersey Native:)<br><fo

My family and I ate there on last years trip and we will not go back. The food was awful. I had the eggplant dish and the eggplant was bitter and soggy with oil like it was cooked in oil that wasn't hot enough for frying. My DH didn't like his pasta dish either and he likes anything Italian. I was on the fence too about trying it before we went, but decided to give it a chance. It wasn't our best decision.

13. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

We ate there last year. I had the Chick parm. It was good. However, I got about 2 oz of spagatti:confused3. My dd had the kids pizza. Again, good, but small. The desserts were excellent. I was on the DDP & our server gave me a salad at no charge. We're going back this year. My dd is 10 and will be on the adult plan so she'll get more food.

14. abbadabbadoo

abbadabbadoo Mouseketeer

My family went to Mama Melrose's last year as part of the Fantasmic dinner package. We really enjoyed it - DH loved the bruschetta appetizer, and we both really liked our entrees (spicy sausage for me, steak for him). Our little girl had salad and spaghetti, and ate EVERY bite of her salad and her dessert. The point is, we really enjoyed it and hope to return there this year. Try it - hope you like it as much as we do! :)

15. Dsny4fun

Dsny4fun Mouseketeer

I eat there every year and love it... i have never had a bad meal there yet.

16. mdelano4

mdelano4 Mouseketeer

Have eaten there twice and loved it. Was disappointed we couldn't get a ressie there for this year.

17. tmanaster

tmanaster Mouseketeer

My family ate there last September. While we liked the food, it took FOREVER! We were literally there for well over 2 hours. At DS, this is a nightmare with so many scheduled shows, etc. We will again do Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic package from now on.

18. Born2Cruz

Born2Cruz Mouseketeer

Loved it ! Loved it ! Loved it !

19. OurMsBrooks

OurMsBrooks Mouseketeer

Here's another vote for "loved it." I especially appreciate the atmosphere: cool, dim, quiet, off the beaten path. We always enjoy it.

20. disneygirlinnj

disneygirlinnj DIS Veteran

It's not horrible by any means. It's just not GREAT. The bread sampler was good when we went... as was the wood fired shrimp/chicken. That was by far the best dish we had when we went. The chicken parm I thought was gross. There's better chicken parm at Olive Garden/Macaroni Grill. Also the flatbreads are pretty sad. I think if they served Ellios pizza it would have been more Italian. I forget what everyone else ordered but those two were the only losers, although for being an italian type restaurant, I was disappointed. We'll probably eat there again when we go since MGM has limited TS.

21. PatsMom

PatsMom <font color=blue>Sometimes has Dory moments!<br><f

We didn't think that Mama Melrose was good but we didn't think it was bad either. It was OK - sort of like an overpriced Olive Garden without the breadsticks and salad. We would eat there again if we wanted the Fantasmic dinner package but other than that wouldn't go out of our way.